• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain-America-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-Steve-Rogers
Batman 012
Most dangerous human, the Goddamn Batman!

Death Battle did this matchup, and honestly I agree with the outcome, but I'm curious to what you guys think.

Fight is a random encounter in Gotham City.

Both are in-character and speed is equalized. Who wins and why?

Vote tally

Batman (4): Cropfist, EliminatorVenom, ScarletFirefly, LoyalservantofInti

America (4): Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff, Paulo.junior.969, God-King Superman77 , Davidsteel1

Inconclusive (1): Colonel Krukov

Cap might be stronger, more durable and a virtually unbreakable barrier with the shield, but Batman is much smarter (Not saying that Captain is dumb, far from it, he is extremely intelligent, just not to the level that Batman is), a better versatility and gear that Cap can't match with. Nerve-killing gloves, gas bombs, nitrogen capsules... You can take your pick.

Agree with Cropfist. Batman's stealthing skills coupled with considerably higher versatility will be Cap's demise.

EliminatorVenom said:
Cap might be stronger, more durable and a virtually unbreakable barrier with the shield, but Batman is much smarter (Not saying that Captain is dumb, far from it, he is extremely intelligent, just not to the level that Batman is), a better versatility and gear that Cap can't match with. Nerve-killing gloves, gas bombs, nitrogen capsules... You can take your pick.
Gear Bane,Killer Croc and Joker solo'd multiple times.....

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
but there's the fact there both wall+ in durabilty, so neither of them can put each other down permantly....
Bruce will wear him down with hit-and-run strategy until he can put him down with h2h and his tools.

ScarletFirefly said:
but there's the fact there both wall+ in durabilty, so neither of them can put each other down permantly....
Bruce will wear him down with hit-and-run strategy until he can put him down with h2h and his tools.
Cap isn't that dumb to let bruce hit him over and over again, he would figure out what bruce is doing and put an end to it...

When he didn't used his usual gear. And tbh, if we use the feats that Batsy's suit has, it is inconsistent.

And Batman won't just use "smoke bombs". He'd use gas, Bat-Bola and etcetera to defeat him.

EliminatorVenom said:
When he didn't used his usual gear. And tbh, if we use the feats that Batsy's suit has, it is inconsistent.
And Batman won't just use "smoke bombs". He'd use gas, Bat-Bola and etcetera to defeat him.

I'd never heard of those kind of things in my life......and again thanks to his sss gas would'nt affect him.....

Bat-Bola in action.

And he can also use sound-based weaponry, fast-hardening chemicals capable of enduring large explosions without any difficulty, the Grapnel Gun (That unless Cap has lifting strength of over 15 tons, isn't breaking out from any soon through strength) and many, many others.

What is SSS, exactly? I'm not the most knowledgeable Captain America dude, lol.

I pretty sure cap shield > any sound based weapon/chemicals bats have, and if memory serves me right the garpnel from a game and game only, current comic batman doesn't use it....and to be honest with you, you guys seem to be highly overestimated batmans gadgets...

@BANK

I see.

@Peter

I do admit that I have a bias for Batman. I just like to defend him on any fight that involves him.

Nah, comic Batman used it quite a lot of times.

Are you sure Cap's shield can block this amount of chemicals?

Hmmm, and what about freezing 'nades? Like, nitrogen capsules and ice bombs that can freeze anything to -100 degrees instantaneously?

Batman:

• Has a better arsenal of weapons and gadgets
  • Knows a huge amount of martial art techniques
  • Has a minor home field advantage
Captain America:

• Has fought in WW2 and has nitty-gritty combat experience
  • His shield is negating a lot of attacks
Inconclusive

I don't mind making a continuation thread if everyone is okay with that.

I could remake it, but since there are already quite a number of votes here and there haven't been any updates to their stats, I suppose it's fine continuing here.

It was a thread that was left out to try for about half a year. I guess it would of been better to remake it. Anyway, like Byakuya said, lets not derail.

I'm assuming opinions are the same?

ScarletFirefly said:
Same for me. Also I took the liberty of editing the OP to make the voting more clear.
Thanks, this should be compulsory imho. You may also want to add speed is equal, I missed it even though it's the first comment... smh.

Batman wins. Cap's shield may be indestructible but it's just a shield. Chemicals can get around it, and he has no counter to most gadgets. Also, his lack of flight makes it hard for him to keep batman in range. Batman can sneak around people with way better senses than Captain America. Batman is smarter. Cap has no counter to stealth, and cannot see through smoke. Because speed is equalized, all Captain America has is power and endurance, but Batman has consistently defeated people stronger than him. This along with the reasons above give Bats the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back