• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman (Insider Suit) Feats

Batman Insider

Overview and General Powers
Did this at the request of a fellow member . Original blog post can be found here .

Introduced in Batman - Bruce Wayne: The Road Home #1 in December 2010 following the events of Final Crisis and the Return of Bruce Wayne story arcs, the Insider Suit was an invention by Batman himself to secretly assess how Gotham had fared during his absence while simultaneously assessing the suit's capabilities.

The Insider Suit is durable enough to tank hits from Geo-Force and is actually equipped to mimic several of the Justice League's powers and abilities, though these mimicked abilities have been greatly over exaggerated by fans over the years. The Insider Suit may mimic the Justice League's powers, but to a much lesser degree. Using the same kind of Amazo technology the supervillain of the same name uses, Batman is able to use to suit to activate various "modes" that mimic a much weaker power from whatever desired Justice League member.

The "Modes" of the suit are listed below.

Spectral Mode

Insider Spectral Mode
Designed for ideal night operation and equipped with night vision and several other optic lenses (infrared, ultraviolet, etc). This mode also possesses light and sound dampening technology to allow it to travel undetected.

However, the most impressive aspect of this mode is that it makes Batman completely immune to mental manipulation, as shown when he fought and defeated Looker, a being capable of controlling anyone's mind through telepathy.

Camouflage Mode

Insider Camo Mode
Inspired by the Martian Manhunter, the suit enables the wearer to turn invisible for a set period of time. However, beings with extrasensory capabilities (like Geo-Force and his attunement to the Earth) will still be able to find him.

Veritas Mode

Insider Veritas Mode2
Insider Veritas Mode
Inspired by Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, the suit possesses a filament cord that is lined with tactile sensors enabling it to act as a polygraph machine to discern if the individual trapped within it is telling the truth. Also, like Wonder Girl's lasso, the wearer can also send an electric shock down the cord to shock the entrapped individual. The electric shock is powerful enough to knock out a superhero with normal human durability like Halo.

Flight Mode

Insider Flight Mode
A standard ability amongst most superheroes, the suit possesses the power of flight through the manipulation of "gravity and magnetic forces," though it appears more akin to jet propulsion.

Speed Force Mode

Insider Speed Force Mode
Insider Speed Force Mode2
Inspired by the Flash, the suit gives the wearer limited access to the Speed Force, accelerating their movements "beyond human speed." However, this mode has only been shown capable of speed blitzing the likes of Katana and Red Robin before they could effectively react. It does not make Batman as fast as the Flash, but at least faster than human perception. Powerscaling to Red Robin (Time Drake) would make this at least Supersonic+ to Hypersonic.

Additionally, not necessarily apart of this mode (as it can seemingly be used at any time), the suit is also capable of Teleportation. It has a 3 meter radius to carry other individuals away with Batman, but has been shown to transport all involved as far as an entire city away.

Heat Vision Mode

Insider Heat Vision Mode
Inspired by the Kryptonian ability, the suit expels a concentrated beam of heat from the eye lenses powerful enough to cut a car in half (as shown in the image above in the SF section). However, a larger and more powerful blast can be expelled through the helmet's central "eye" powerful enough to knock out stronger foes.

Will Power Mode

Insider Will Power Mode
Insider Will Power Mode2
Inspired by the Green Lantern rings, the suit possesses a finger-mounted energy weapon that mimics an Oan power ring's ability to fire a concentrated blast of concussive energy at an opponent. It has been shown powerful enough to blow down doors and, more impressively, knock out Geo-Force. This is far and away the most impressive capability of the suit, as Geo-Force tanked a multi-city block level explosion earlier in the issue while airborne and his durability is enhanced further as long as he's touching the ground.

As you can also see in the scan, the suit has energy absorption capabilities to replenish its own energy supply in the field.

Weakness

Insider Power Reserves
Insider Power Reserves2
If you paid attention to the scans above, the Insider Suit can only use each of its abilities once before undergoing a recharge period. Each mode's recharge is different, but the suit as a whole has to be recharged at the Batcave to receive 100% full power again.

Also, the durability of the Insider Suit is enough that it can only withstand one punch from Geo-Force. Batman says the suit will not hold up against another.

Final Result
Insider Suit Batman is faster than Katana can react, strong enough to put down the likes of Geo-Force (who withstands missile blasts without injury), durable enough to take one fully-charged punch from Geo-Force, and he's very versatile.

If I had to estimate him, I would say:

Tier: At least 8-A

Attack Potency:
At least Multi-City Block level (Powerful enough to knock Geo-Force out with a single blow)

Speed: At least Supersonic+ (Faster than Katana and Tim Drake can react. Should be faster than his base)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
At least Class GJ+ (Powerful enough to fight back against Geo-Force)

Durability: At least Multi-City Block level (Durable enough to withstand one of Geo-Force's earth-enhanced punches)

Stamina: Low (Relies on a limited battery life, but is able to recharge from external energy sources)

Weaknesses: Limited Battery Life

Good work! I thik everything here is reasonable. However, should this be approved, would this get its own page or be added to the page of Batman (Post-Crisis)?

Personally, I think it should be added to the Post-Crisis profile. No reason to give it its own page when it only really appeared once and was used by Post-Crisis Batman. Same reason I put Hellbat on Post-Flashpoint Batman's page.

@Heart of Steel

Good point. Then again, the Insider Suit has many more abilities than the Hellbat does. Then again, putting them on Batman's page shouldn't be too much of a problem since his page isn't too crowded. Either way is fine with me; I'm getting ahead of myself, anyway.

Fixed.

And thank you for the input, Freeman. I think I could make it work, given the chance to edit. But yes, let's see if this is accepted first.

Thanks, Postmodern, I appreciate that. I was thinking about it, yes. Next would be the Justice Buster from the Endgame storyline in New 52. It would be weaker than his Hellbat Armor, but still comparable.

Well, the various listed powers should be fine, of course. However, the problem is that we do not really have any calculations available regarding exactly how powerful that Geo-Force is.

I honestly loweballed him in the estimations above. He's fought Wonder Woman and Superman before, but he's only that strong when touching the ground (which he was against Batman).

I'll need to find some scans for Geo-Force, though, and add them above. If it's alright with you, Antvasima, I could make a profile for him using power scaling.

Well, power-scaling is unreliable for Marvel and DC Comics, unless it is very consistent. I extremely strongly doubt that we can scale Geo-Force to a 4-B version of Superman, rather than his own feats.

I definitely wouldn't want to scale him to 4-B either. I'll have to do some research on the comics he's in (Outsiders, mainly) to find an appropriate power level for him. I know for a fact he doesn't compete with Wonder Woman and Superman on a regular basis.

Back