• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman Arkham Additions and Revisions

I mean "Master strategist" is never actually represented and Bane seems incredibly simple in Asylum and Knight. Asylum's bio is also weird since iirc those are just ports of the DC Guidebook pages (not sure which one) and that's likely a hold over from those. It's weird and not representative is what I'm saying.

Prometheus is fine but also, we have no idea what any of that entails. Like is he a master manipulator? Is he an incredibly capable engineer? Is he good at hacking? Can be do any of the feats Bruce can? Is he good at using theatricality and deception to seem more dangerous? Prometheus barely exists in the Arkham canon and really any case you can make for Bruce is better made from his own abilities rather then saying "he beats someone as smart as he is".

I mean "Master strategist" is never actually represented and Bane seems incredibly simple in Asylum and Knight. Asylum's bio is also weird since iirc those are just ports of the DC Guidebook pages (not sure which one) and that's likely a hold over from those. It's weird and not representative is what I'm saying.
The bios are representative and canon, there's no reason not to take them into account. It's not that he acts like a brute in battle that he isn't smart. Bane in Origins does the exact same thing.
Prometheus is fine but also, we have no idea what any of that entails. Like is he a master manipulator? Is he an incredibly capable engineer? Is he good at hacking? Can be do any of the feats Bruce can? Is he good at using theatricality and deception to seem more dangerous?
He can do most things Bruce can do, simply, it's clearly stated in the bio.

"he beats someone as smart as he is".
Yes it is, again it is as simple as that.

I mean, honestly, Batman's own feats are sufficient. Him outsmarting his foes would be minor support if anything. Though consistently outsmarting the Riddler, for example, should obviously be pretty notable.

The bios are representative and canon, there's no reason not to take them into account. It's not that he acts like a brute in battle that he isn't smart. Bane in Origins does the exact same thing.
No he doesnt
He leads a sizeable group of men from Santa Prisca, works with Joker, learns Bruce’s identity and the location of th Batmobile and is able to act accordingly to break him

compare that to Arkham city Bane who’s best idea was just hoping Bruce trusted him enough to just help gather the TITAN formula

clearly there’s a huge drop here
He can do most things Bruce can do, simply, it's clearly stated in the bio.
No it mentions he also trained body and mind to the peak, not that he also is a master o literally every discipline Batman is
Yes it is, again it is as simple as that.
It’s really not
He already has all the feats for his rating; focus on that

I agree with this sentiment. Batman, on his own, has more than enough imo.
We can mention his more notable intellectual foes, like the Riddler, but anything else feels a bit pointless tbh.

No he doesnt
He leads a sizeable group of men from Santa Prisca, works with Joker, learns Bruce’s identity and the location of th Batmobile and is able to act accordingly to break him

compare that to Arkham city Bane who’s best idea was just hoping Bruce trusted him enough to just help gather the TITAN formula

clearly there’s a huge drop here
Because in Arkham City it's just a side quest, it's not as elaborate as in Arkham Origins because Bane is one of the main antagonists of the main quest. The Bane in City and Origins is the same character, there's no reason to think he's not smart (in Origins multiplayer, which happens after story mode, Bane is like before he injects TN-1).

And in Arkham Knight it is said that Bane killed the twelve most powerful drug lords of Santa Prisca (amped up on Venom), while Bane no longer used Venom and arrived in Santa Prisca without an army and allies. In one year.
He's still freaking cunning.

Yes, but I was responding to the fact that Prometheus "isn't great", while beating him is still a notable feat

Okay.
Since we're all okay with additions and revisions (aside from the issue with Assault on Arkham), changes can be added?

Okay.
Since we're all okay with additions and revisions (aside from the issue with Assault on Arkham), changes can be added?
I believe so, but if you could summarize all the additions you plan to make into a single post so we give it one last evaluation and look at the wording and whatnot, that'd be great.

I believe so, but if you could summarize all the additions you plan to make into a single post so we give it one last evaluation and look at the wording and whatnot, that'd be great.
  • Transmutation for Clayface
  • Resistance to Ice manipuation, Electricity manipulation, Corrosion Inducement, Transmutation (of Clayface), Poison manipulation (of Clayface and Poison Ivy), Empathic/Mind manipulation and Mind Control (via pheromones) for Batman and members of the Bat Family in general with their suits
  • Sound manipulation with voice synthesizer. Status Effect inducement with Batarangs and Concussion Detonator, Adhesive manipulation with Glue Grenades, Resistance to Mind manipulation, Mind control, Sleep manipulation and Illusion creation (of Mad Hatter) for Batman
  • Dream manipulation for the Joker and his blood
  • Possibly Extraordinary Genius for Batman

• Resistance to Ice manipuation, Electricity manipulation, Corrosion Inducement, Transmutation (of Clayface), Poison manipulation (of Clayface and Poison Ivy), Empathic/Mind manipulation and Mind Control (via pheromones) for Batman and members of the Bat Family in general with their suits
  • Sound manipulation with voice synthesizer. Status Effect inducement with Batarangs and Concussion Detonator, Adhesive manipulation with Glue Grenades, Resistance to Mind manipulation, Mind control, Sleep manipulation and Illusion creation (of Mad Hatter) for Batman
Yup, all of that looks good to me.

I forgot the revision for Hugo Strange, Athlete level in AP and speed

Usually it is up to the person making the proposals to also make the additions, provided that the proposals are accepted.
Done:

I discovered new abilities to add for some Arkhamverse characters. I check if there are others, and I'll make a new thread (or I'll show them here?)

Done:
Okay, so when listing Resistances, we don't list the word "Resistance" behind each individual Resistance. We just list it once. I'll edit Batman's profile so you can know what I mean, and apply it to the others.
Check out Batman's profile and you'll see what I'm talking about in action.

Back