• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bastard Upgrades Part IDK

Eternal Atoms

Scans for this part have already been put on profiles for a while, so I've decided to gather and categorize them all together.

We already have Eternal Atoms as the core structure of existence in Bastard!!, which encompass aspects such as The Body (Material), The Spirit/Consciousness/Emotion (Astral), and The Soul (Ideal). Now, I'm honored to introduce the forth (or fifth idk) component of the Eternal Atoms, that is a being's Fate/Causal Path. There are several notable pieces of evidence for this.

First, EAs are explicitly called the Book of Fate of an individual (C.106), which alone might be vague though we have other supporting quotes luckily. The consequence of the destruction of which being existence gets erased from Causality itself (C.106). The final evidence I'd like to bring is the fact that Astral Beings could regenerate on a Space-Time Level, owing to Eternal Atoms' mechanisms. In short, EA is also the aspect/record of Fate of a being, defining their existence on The Law of Cause and Effect.

This would first add Fate Manipulation and resistance to whatever related part. What I'd also argue is that stuff related to Astral Beings (Angels/Demons)' Regeneration be changed from Mid-Godly to High-Godly. The reason is their regenerative capability directly depends on Eternal Atoms, only the total destruction/erasure of which would end their lives, whose Highest/Most abstract component being The Soul/Concepts type 1, which theoretically means they can survive the destruction of lower abstractions, their Type 2 concepts, for example. That is still enough to qualify for HGR, this would kinda enhance ppl who already have HGR atm, such as Uriel.

High-Godly:
The ability to regenerate after the erasure of body, mind, and soul, along with at least one even more fundamental aspect of a character's existence, such as their place in the narrative, their entire history, or the underlying information (Type 2) or concept(s) (Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them) needed for them to exist.

Acausality Type 4​

This should be blatant by now. I already established the knitted relationship regarding Fate/Causality and Space-Time in the verse, through the EA Part above. We currently have Spirits as transcendental of space and time, which would now also translate into transcending/unbound by Fate and Causality, which is textbook Acau 4. Furthermore, souls treat spirits the exact same way the latter treat the physical body (i.e spirits are just manifestations of souls in the same fashion as bodies are just manifestations of spirits. The full ontological properties of Bastard!! Souls can be found here). So, enhanced/layered Acau 4 for Souls. This would scale to Angels/Devils in general since they are literally composed of both Spirits and Souls.

They would also have Negation to their physiology as they can basically Erase acausal beings from Causality. Well, yeah.

Minor Changes​

I would like to change several things
  • Add Invulnerability (to physical attacks) to Dispel Bounds Tabbers. Last time it was rejected because DB can be destroyed by massive AP stomps. Though this isn't 100% true since by default INV to physical damage can also be bypassed by massively stronger attacks than it's been shown to work on, to avoid NLF.
  • The current Resistance Negation justification is simply Layered ha, so it should be removed. However, the verse still has RN through Spider, and Angels are resistant to spells anyway so things won't change much, just replacing the justifications.
  • Add Cosmic Awareness to all Astral Beings

Last edited:
Not really knowledge, hmm Acausality 4 look fine to me, however i don't understand the enhanced/layered Acausality 4, which from my current understanding is, it is layered because soul > spirit, however nothing suggested soul also even higher than spirit in term of acausality to make it layer. So i'm really confusing on this part

Not really knowledge, hmm Acausality 4 look fine to me, however i don't understand the enhanced/layered Acausality 4, which from my current understanding is, it is layered because soul > spirit, however nothing suggested soul also even higher than spirit in term of acausality to make it layer. So i'm really confusing on this part
Basically, if the Spirit is a higher plane of existence from the Body's perspective, then the Soul is an even higher plane, transcending Spirit treating it no more than a ''body'' (Just like how Spirit is transcendent to Material Body).
Another point I'd argue is that Higher-dimensional within the verse's setting transcends the causality system of the one below, proved by the Spirit's/Astral Plane properties. Souls are of a higher dimension than spirits same as how spirits are higher than the body (Think of it as 3D-4D-5D. Of course, the verse HD still hasn't qualified though you do get the point).

Hmmmmmm agree??? By the way, any guide scans or raws for the series I can help out with
I'll contact if needed. I'm currently not in the mood for researching raw materials, just occasionally look through present scans and see if they can help anything

Basically, if the Spirit is a higher plane of existence from the Body's perspective, then the Soul is an even higher plane, transcending Spirit treating it no more than a ''body'' (Just like how Spirit is transcendent to Material Body).
Another point I'd argue is that Higher-dimensional within the verse's setting transcends the causality system of the one below, proved by the Spirit's/Astral Plane properties. Souls are of a higher dimension than spirits same as how spirits are higher than the body (Think of it as 3D-4D-5D. Of course, the verse HD still hasn't qualified though you do get the point).
Oke, fair enough

Add Invulnerability (to physical attacks) to Dispel Bounds Tabbers. Last time it was rejected because DB can be destroyed by massive AP stomps. Though this isn't 100% true since by default INV to physical damage can also be bypassed by massively stronger attacks than it's been shown to work on, to avoid NLF.
I still think it would be rejected from the thread where invulnerability was revised as attack negation; NLF is meant in cases their invulnerability is not working against those with higher dimensionality without feat, for example.

The other things are fine.

I still think it would be rejected from the thread where invulnerability was revised as attack negation; NLF is meant in cases their invulnerability is not working against those with higher dimensionality without feat, for example.

The other things are fine.
If that's the case then, okay.

Apart from INV I'll star adding changes soon, can you lock this thread?

Back