• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Atreus CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Base Atreus is only "up to 2-C", but this is not valid.

1. This implied he's below Greek fodder who scale to 2-C like the Primordials and Helios, when he has so many feats that say otherwise.

2. He should be "up to 2-C, 2-C when serious", since he has done the following:

• Hurt Odin with bare punches (and was somewhat portrayed as comparable to Kratos and Freya)
  • Tanked a Baldur punch in his weaker GoW4 state with no damage whatsoever.
  • Hurt Baldur when he was his weaker GoW4 self with bare punches.
  • Tanked like a dozen punches from a 2-C Valkyrie who was matching a relatively serious Kratos.
I'm not gonna include him hurting Kratos with arrows since that seems like a case where Kratos was too shocked to defend himself, and was dealing with Baldur.

So the "up to 2-C" part should either be removed or only be for his casual self, and if we choose the latter his base is "up to 2-C, 2-C when serious".

If we choose the latter, Thrud would still only be "up to 2-C", as Atreus was never serious during his time with her. Both times she threatened him, he was not trying to fight back, but she is still clearly shown as stronger than a casual Atreus.

We use "At most 2-C", not "upto 2-C", but I agree with the premise. His power depends on his emotional levels and level of focus. As Kratos himself said, both his physique and inner godly strength can be further honed with training, it's most likely Atreus has yet to truly master himself. He's only just survived Ragnarok and his true journey to become a man has just begun.

So ye, "At most 2-C normally, 2-C when serious or in Animal Form" seems to be a good choice for this.

We use "At most 2-C", not "upto 2-C", but I agree with the premise. His power depends on his emotional levels and level of focus. As Kratos himself said, both his physique and inner godly strength can be further honed with training, it's most likely Atreus has yet to truly master himself. He's only just survived Ragnarok and his true journey to become a man has just begun.
Which one do you agree with?

Making his base flat out 2-C (which would kill 2-C Thrud scaling since only serious Atreus is 2-C and Thrud has no other 2-C scaling), or "At most 2-C, 2-C when serious".

Also, Atreus IIRC took hits from Heimdall.

I feel it quite redundant to mention a separate serious key in his tiering, since it's not as though he's 2-C otherwise in raw AP.

Just make it "Varies (emotional state yada yada), up to 2-C (When serious, he's capable of X, Y, Z), 2-C in Animal Form".

Personally, I'd just specify he's even stronger as an animal and show the feats rather than give it a separate rating but I'm cool with either or.

I feel it quite redundant to mention a separate serious key in his tiering, since it's not as though he's 2-C otherwise in raw AP.

Just make it "Varies (emotional state yada yada), up to 2-C (When serious, he's capable of X, Y, Z), 2-C in Animal Form".

Personally, I'd just specify he's even stronger as an animal and show the feats rather than give it a separate rating but I'm cool with either or.
This makes sense.

RIP 2-C Thrud

I will remind that I'm leaning on making him 2-C outright. Or at least "2-C, higher with Shape-shifting".
"Higher" is generally kept for possibilities of reaching higher tiers, not being stuck within the same tier.

All the top tiers in One Piece are "High 6-A, higher with [whatever]".

Same with Dragon Ball

Regardless, I guess we can just have it at plain 2-C. Something like;

Low Multiverse level (When at his full focus and potential, he has shown himself capable of fighting and hurting powerful gods and entities, such as Odin, Baldur and Valkyries like Hrist and Mist, though he is weaker than any one of them. In his animal states, he's even capable of holding his own against a Spartan Rage Kratos, harming Odin with a bite and ripping a Valkyrie in half)

AFAIK a recent CRT made it that way.
The Attack Potency page still says this, though:
This should be used to denote a character's weapons, techniques, or attributes that are much stronger than their base level, but still within the same tier. For example, a character that is Solar System level but has an attack that multiplies their power by 100 times. In this instance it should be written as “Solar System level, higher with that ability or technique”.

Furthermore, higher may also be used to denote a case where the character is possibly or likely a higher tier, but to what degree is not specified. This is specifically referring to cases such as “At least 4-B, likely higher” or “At least Solar System level, likely higher”.

Let's just do "2-C, higher with animal forms" or "higher with shapeshifting".

I thought I already posted my response. No wonder I didn't get notifications for this lmao.

Yeah after seeing GOW4 and Ragnarok I really wondered why he wasn't just straight up Tier 2 because a determined Atreus had so much scaling especially with pure durability which would still scale to physical stats as he's not displayed as a reverse glass canon, so I agree.

So, basically;

Low Multiverse level (When at his full focus and potential, he has shown himself capable of fighting and hurting powerful gods and entities, such as Odin, Baldur and Valkyries like Hrist and Mist, though he is weaker than any one of them), higher with Shape-shifting (In his animal forms, he's even capable of holding his own against a Spartan Rage Kratos, harming Odin with a bite and ripping a Valkyrie in half)

So, basically;

Low Multiverse level (When at his full focus and potential, he has shown himself capable of fighting and hurting powerful gods and entities, such as Odin, Baldur and Valkyries like Hrist and Mist, though he is weaker than any one of them), higher with Shape-shifting (In his animal forms, he's even capable of holding his own against a Spartan Rage Kratos, harming Odin with a bite and ripping a Valkyrie in half)
This is perfect

So, basically;

This works.

So, basically;

This is the best option.

Can this be applied then? It seems extremely minor, all things considered.
If no one minds, I can apply the tier change, although if someone else could add the note about Atreus's emotions affecting his power level, that'd be appreciated.

Honestly you could argue that by the end of Ragnarok, Atreus is comparable in his human form to Kratos and Freya since he did equally well against Odin.

Base Atreus's Tier change is done.

Tbh I wouldn't mind a flat 2-C rating so wrong as it's noted in his like, Weakness section that his power output fluctuates based on his emotional state and self belief.
Would you mind doing this?

I'm not on desktop rn. Just add this to Weaknesses;

"His godhood and the power he draws from it are heavily dependent on his focus and self-belief, going from being unable to perform physically exerting tasks at his lowest to fighting on large with powerful gods and Immortal warriors when in the right mindset."

I'm not on desktop rn. Just add this to Weaknesses;

"His godhood and the power he draws from it are heavily dependent on his focus and self-belief, going from being unable to perform physically exerting tasks at his lowest to fighting on large with powerful gods and Immortal warriors when in the right mindset."
Thanks, and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back