• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baraggan Louisenbairn (Bleach) VS Cross Marian (D-Gray Man)

Both characters in their Strongest forms:

Speed is equalized:
Cross Marian (DGM)
Crossmarian.png

VERSUS

Baraggan Louisenbairn

56a0122783fff76e32a457c16d959b36.jpg

Who wins?

Last edited:
Is this stated? Like is it established that he loses a "mind"? Also Cross Marian has it stated that he can effect those without a brain.
effected those that don't even posses a brain like Level 4 Akuma)

So I think it would still work unless Azashiro just literally has no mind but that hasn't been shown yet
The idea behind it is that he would need the Range to fully effect him. According to the OP, Aza seems to start the match as omnipresent to his max range with his bankai, so…

@Deceived can answer

The idea behind it is that he would need the Range to fully effect him. According to the OP, Aza seems to start the match as omnipresent to his max range with his bankai, so…

@Deceived can answer
so his mind is technically everywhere? Unless he has multiple minds I don't see how him fusing with the environment does anything

because in bankai azashiro becomes Omni-Present.
Also this is false, Azashiro has to actively start fusing with his environment to become omnipresent over what he’s fused with, and that takes time depending on the size. It’s not some passive thing in Bankai. Also Aza always starts in Bankai so this is redundant.

Edit: Aza wouldn’t just start fused with his environment I don’t think.
so his mind is technically everywhere? Unless he has multiple minds I don't see how him fusing with the environment does anything
This isn’t relevant to my point, the point is the idea that to fully affect Azashiro with mind hax, you’d need to prove it has the range to effect him in his omnipresent state like any omnipresent.

Animefans arg has problems anyway so 🚶

This isn’t relevant to my point, the point is the idea that to fully affect Azashiro with mind hax, you’d need to prove it has the range to effect him in his omnipresent state like any omnipresent.
I don't think that's how it works. If he has a mind then it gets effected no matter much its spread out. Also this entire thing assumes his mind is what spreads as well, why?

This whole debate some head assery no cap.
I don't think that's how it works. If he has a mind then it gets effected no matter much its spread out.
It is. To fully effect an omnipresent, you have to have the range to fully affect them, this is just how omnipresence necessarily works.
Also this entire thing assumes his mind is what spreads as well, why?
Not relevant to my arg.
With Innocence yes.
He means air based intang.

This match is just a mismatch.

Cross can't damage or even interact with Azashiro with any of his physical attacks except for Maria's Brain Puppet, which would affect Azashiro, even while in his omnipresent state since Brain Puppet can affect those who don't even have brains like Level 4 Akuma. But the effects of Brain Puppet don't last the required amount of time for an Incap (which is a week from recollection) and Cross doesn't have infinite stamina that'll allow him to constantly have Maria singing, and keeping the Brain Puppet effect on Azashiro.

Which means Azashiro will eventually be released from Brain Puppet, after which he either one shots with Kido or inflates Cross's lungs to the point they explode.

You could possibly make an argument about Brain Puppet forcing Azashiro to release himself from that Omnipresent state, which would allow Cross to interact with Azashiro, which would also make this a stomp since Cross is Low 6-B comparative to Azashiro's 9-A. The only problem with this argument is that Cross never does this in the manga, it's just pure speculation given the inherent capabilities of the ability, so it really isn't usable in this vs match imo.

Basically this is just a bad matchup that could be a stomp for either character but most likely would be a stomp for Azashiro given the reasoning i've laid out above.

This whole debate some head assery no cap.

It is. To fully effect an omnipresent, you have to have the range to fully affect them, this is just how omnipresence necessarily works.

Not relevant to my arg.

He means air based intang.
My main issue is that the argument that he's omnipresent applies to his body yes? how does it apply to his mind? Omnipresence does not effect every aspect of a person's existence unless stated which is my problem with saying he wouldn't be effected by the mind control, idk why you guys are ignoring this.

My main issue is that the argument that he's omnipresent applies to his body yes? how does it apply to his mind? Omnipresence does not effect everywhere aspect of a person's existence unless stated which is my problem with saying he wouldn't be effected by the mind control, idk why you guys are ignoring this.
In the case of Azashiro, yes his mind would also be omnipresent.

The reasoning for this is because in Bleach the mind is directly tied to the soul, and since Azashiro's a Shinigami and doesn't have a "physical form" in the sense of not being constructed of Kishi, but rather Reishi, he'd be a soul. And since his omnipresent causes his "soul form" to become omnipresent, his mind would also be equally omnipresent.

Oh

Is not the cool Kenpachi 😔
Azashiro >= Zaraki

Back on track to this match, I don't see any immo or regen on Cross's page, so Azashiro could think and just oneshot at the very start of the match by summoning High 6-A blades inside Cross to chop him to bits like he did to Kuruyashiki.

Does Cross got any passives? Cuz this match is an even further stomp.

Cross batters Baraggan.

Baraggan can't Respira Maria's Brain Puppet since he doesn't have NPI on that level (being able to interact with sound waves) nor does he resist Mind Manipulation which can mind hax people who don't even have brains like Level 4 Akuma. Baraggan's Power Nullification wouldn't also work on Cross's shit since Baraggan's Power Nullification isn't layered in the slightest while Cross's Innocence-based abilities like Maria's Brain Puppet are extremely layered, he's also heavily resistant to Power Nullification himself.

Soul Crush wouldn't work either since D.Gray-Man high-tiers like Cross have better Soul Manipulation layering comparative to high-tier FKT Arc characters like Baraggan.

Since Baraggan's an evil spirit Innocence would just **** his shit up completely, it'll power null all of his abilities, including Respira, purify his soul while also deconstructing him on a Marco-Quantum Level. This is especially broken given the fact Cross can add the Innocence effect to Maria's singing as shown in the newer chapters.

Which means while Baraggan's is getting mind manip'd by Maria's Brain Puppet he'd also be getting his abilities nullified, his soul purified and his body deconstructed on a Macro-Quantum Level.

Putting Hollows against high-tier Exorcist just isn't good because Exorcist completely hard counter literally everything Hollows have via Innocence.

Cross batters Baraggan.

Baraggan can't Respira Maria's Brain Puppet since he doesn't have NPI on that level (being able to interact with sound waves) nor does he resist Mind Manipulation which can mind hax people who don't even have brains like Level 4 Akuma. Baraggan's Power Nullification wouldn't also work on Cross's shit since Baraggan's Power Nullification isn't layered in the slightest while Cross's Innocence-based abilities like Maria's Brain Puppet are extremely layered, he's also heavily resistant to Power Nullification himself.

Soul Crush wouldn't work either since D.Gray-Man high-tiers like Cross have better Soul Manipulation layering comparative to high-tier FKT Arc characters like Baraggan.

Since Baraggan's an evil spirit Innocence would just **** his shit up completely, it'll power null all of his abilities, including Respira, purify his soul while also deconstructing him on a Marco-Quantum Level. This is especially broken given the fact Cross can add the Innocence effect to Maria's singing as shown in the newer chapters.

Which means while Baraggan's is getting mind manip'd by Maria's Brain Puppet he'd also be getting his abilities nullified, his soul purified and his body deconstructed on a Macro-Quantum Level.

Putting Hollows against high-tier Exorcist just isn't good because Exorcist completely hard counter literally everything Hollows have via Innocence.
but he did age all of Hachigens Attacks. How will you counter this argument?

but he did age all of Hachigens Attacks. How will you counter this argument?
Hachi's Kido isn't intangible, so it doesn't require NPI to interact with and even if it was intangible Hachi literally has never used sound waves to fight people at all.

Having one form of NPI doesn't mean you can interact with all things which require NPI to be interacted with.

Back