• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bang Additions

I was looking at Bang's page and I see that he doesn't have Shockwave Generation, or Durability Negation, as he was able to make shockwaves that turned Elder Centipede to dust.

This was a team effort. Both Bang, and Bomb were creating their own individual shockwaves to hard Elder Centipede. link.

We see the shockwaves from Bomb's side, and the shockwaves from Bang's side.

Last edited:
Nope not for me, but if others can see it then it is fine I guess
uc

Doesn’t seem like durability negation.

Bomb, especially, should have shockwave generation. It’s the crux of his fighting style.

Which could be through sheer power. Nothing really suggests this isn’t durability dependent, otherwise he’d probably use this move on equally powerful opponents.

Which could be through sheer power.
He literally said the shockwaves spread through the body, which results in the object turning into dust. This is not just pure brute force.

For example, When Darkshine one-shot Bug God. That was pure strength. His power obliterated him. Bomb verbatim said what caused EC to turn into dust, which was the shockwaves they made (which spread through his body)

He literally said the shockwaves spread through the body, which results in the object turning into dust. This is not just pure brute force.
Why wouldn’t it be brute force? I grant you that shockwaves don’t spread like this, but nothing suggests they have the capacity to bypass durability. All they did was shatter the carapace of someone weaker.

Agree.

Brute force alone ain't enough you clearly need to be as skilled as those old dudes, and I've seen Garou has this rating cause he send the shockwave throughout inside the body of dark shine in order to damage dudes whose durability is beyond his AP.

That’s not really comparable. It was an evolved Garou that incorporated multiple fighting styles and could pull off both Bang and Bomb’s signature attacks at once. It’s also nowhere near the level of turning someone to dust just via (supposedly) bypassing durability.

Nothing at all suggests Bang and Bomb’s combo harms through durability bypassing instead of just radiating very powerful shockwaves. In fact, a more powerful version failed to do so on Rover.

Nothing at all suggests Bang and Bomb’s combo harms through durability bypassing instead of just radiating very powerful shockwaves. In fact, a more powerful version failed to do so on Rover.
I believe that it was less of a more powerful version of the technique, and more of both of them doing combo attacks. The one Bang and Bomb used on EC I feel was more shockwave oriented then the one they used on Rover.

Which is headcanon, but I suppose assuming that they’re similar is also headcanon.

Still, I don’t see why they wouldn’t pull off such a manoeuvre on Rover.

It’s possible that maybe it only bypasses the durability of opponents like EC specifically, but it’s vaguely alluded to at best. I’d say they could have a ‘possibly’ for durability bypassing.

Which is headcanon, but I suppose assuming that they’re similar is also headcanon.

Still, I don’t see why they wouldn’t pull off such a manoeuvre on Rover.

It’s possible that maybe it only bypasses the durability of opponents like EC specifically, but it’s vaguely alluded to at best. I’d say they could have a ‘possibly’ for durability bypassing.
Okay. I might concede to Durability negation, unless I find something soon. What about Shockwave Generation?

Like I said before, that’s fine. Anyone who has Bomb’s cutting technique should have this already.

It’s also nowhere near the level
Also the armor bits that got blown off where in small chunks but were not turned to dust. It was probably just a hyperbolic statement about the effects, though it would probably still count as shockwave manipulation.

Also the armor bits that got blown off where in small chunks but were not turned to dust. It was probably just a hyperbolic statement about the effects, though it would probably still count as shockwave manipulation.
In the anime tho...

I agree with Asura, its seems not a durability negation, Also The Shockwave only got performed by Bomb not Bang.

turn to dust sounds very hyperbolic. do we actually see that mans corpse turn into dust or do we see bombs techniques have a durability negating effect?

turn to dust sounds very hyperbolic. do we actually see that mans corpse turn into dust or do we see bombs techniques have a durability negating effect?
I already conceded to Bang dura neg. Right now we are talking about Shockwave Gen, though it should be obvious

Back