• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Balrog (Street Fighter) VS Mohammad Ali Jr. (Baki The Grappler)

My gut says Balrog wins this just due to the sheer versatility he has over Alai Jr.
Willing to fight dirty and has experience against many more street fighters. However alai isn't dumb and you could argue that due to his style of boxing gives him an edge over heavyweights from being light on his feet.

Ali isn't dumb lol
He canonically lost because he stood still and stopped paying attention
But in pure boxing his outranging style probably would beat balrog if we were working off real world logic that baki half-way attempts to follow where hitting a guy in the jaw knocks him out. But that's not how street fighter seems to work and he'd just power through it.

Ali isn't dumb lol
He canonically lost because he stood still and stopped paying attention
But in pure boxing his outranging style probably would beat balrog if we were working off real world logic that baki half-way attempts to follow where hitting a guy in the jaw knocks him out. But that's not how street fighter seems to work and he'd just power through it.
I mean he took out very experienced martial artists when they were casual. But yes he's dumb as bricks

A good hit can still knock you out even in Street Fighter, and their bodies work just like those of real humans, at least in terms of basic functioning.

That said, I know jackshit about Ali jr (for now)., so I'll give some input on Balrog. For starters, he scales to 0.04 tons, while Ali upscales to 0.014, meaning that Balrog is about 3X stronger or a little less, given the scaling chain behind Ali, and he can also boost himself in a few ways.
Weirdly enough, Balrog's LS advantage is going to be relevant here, I think, because Ali might not expect to be grabbed by a boxer, and Balrog has a few throws such as Dirty Bomber and Dirty Bull (other throws don't really focus on keeping the opponent still).
Another weird thing, Balrog can effectively punch the opponent's legs and sweep them, or perform some jumping attck, something that doesn't happen in real boxing (at least the latter), but idk how could/would Ali react.
If we follow pseudo-realistic factors in boxing, Balrog has also the higher reach, since he's about 10 cm taller than Ali.

Ali seems to be the better boxer overall, but Balrog isn't a slouch either and has genuine skill (shown by his moves, achievements and having been a good trainer to Ed), even through he's sort of brutish and prone to fits of rage.
And I have no idea of how this would matter at all in the fight, but Balrog has fought evenly with ninjas, wrestlers and a variety of other expert martial artists, but Ali seems to having done the same, including someone crazy like Doppo Orochi (although idk the context of their fight)

Ali Jr practically got pummeled by the Baki cast. Every time he would challenge someone he would end up hurt worse than last time. Although, this does go to show that he is extremely resilient to pain, while Balrog gives him a serious beating, Jr just takes it.

Skill is a really hard factor to decide here. Ali Jr in theory should be extremely skilled and potentially more proficient as some of the greatest boxers in our real life world. Problem is that balrog is from a different world entirely. The Street fighter world has things like Blanka and dhalsim, the mere existence of which proves that the reality of Street fighter is wholly it's own. And in that world balrog is one of the best boxers only behind Dudley. Also things like EX moves and V skills build up Balrog's kit to be pretty massive.

Honestly, Jr has plenty of merit to defend himself against Balrog but I cannot think of any true advantages as balrog is definitely bigger, stronger, and more a well-rounded fighter (oddly enough)

I'mma go with Mike Barlog

Ali won like half his fights. Then he lost 1, then he (while wounded) lost all the others. The characters in-verse say their losses were their own fault for messing around, but he still won.

He got up after being repeatedly stomped on by Jack who this site puts as being massively stronger than Balrog. Wasn't in the best condition after but far from his worst.

Back