• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ad if i remember right its bassically
Post ares defeat
Gets stronger and faster with each passing moment
Norse era
Gets stronger and faster saiyan style

He grew immune to Heimdall's precog is what I'm saying.

Baldur can't do that, so Heimdall's precog will work the whole fight
He did? thought he just ****** up with his senses with the spear like how brok said that the only way to beat Kratos but i prolly misremember cuz i quickly beat heimdall (iirc it's even stated in wog statament he Wouldn't have won without the spear)
Tho doesn't matter cuz i said multiple times i agree baldur cant hit heimdall until he gets tired

He did? thought he just ****** up with his senses with the spear like how brok said that the only way to beat Kratos but i prolly misremember cuz i quickly beat heimdall (iirc it's even stated in wog statament he Wouldn't have won without the spear)
The Spear could only carry him so far, and even then Heimdall recovered quick, real ******* quick. Also, not once did Heimdall ever manage to read Kratos's intentions to use the Spear like that against him, and when Heimdall has his arm pinned, he has difficulty peering into Kratos's head about his intentions to spare him.

The Spear could only carry him so far, and even then Heimdall recovered quick, real ******* quick. Also, not once did Heimdall ever manage to read Kratos's intentions to use the Spear like that against him, and when Heimdall has his arm pinned, he has difficulty peering into Kratos's head about his intentions to spare him.
Tbh never thought about it
That's actually interseting 🤔

How exactly Kratos's "RE" works? Because Kratos faces Baldur at the beginning and at the end of the game
1. Overpowers Castor and Pollux's Time Stop, Age Manip, Time Slow, Rewind and Telekinesis from the Amulet of Uroboros with nothing but sheer speed and rage, he was being blatantly affected by said powers before but by the end of the fight, Kratos overpowers the Amulet's powers and murks Castor and Pollux, then rips out the latter from the bigger Twin.

2. Develops a brand new will to defeat the Sisters of Fate, inadvertently overpowering his Threads of Fate being cut off by the Sisters of Fate which should've insta-killed him, but he didn't get affected in the least bit, in fact, he didn't feel a damn thing at all, he just power walked without being aware of what had just happened to him.

3. LOLnopes Heimdall's precog in combination with his Spear so bad that Heimdall eventually straight up has difficulty reading or foreseeing what Kratos's "empty head" intends to do to him (Spare his life).

Tbh I thought it was a combination of the spear messing with his senses and heimdall having a mental breakdown from being hit, thus making him sloppy, was why kratos was able to eventually fight heimdall normally
Not really, Heimdall lives and breathes for battle, as seen when he spams Realm Shift after getting hit, you know he's finally getting serious and upping his game, he's a lot more ferocious and counterintuitive here, but even before that, not once did he ever manage to figure out what Kratos was going to do to him with that Spear until after the first hit was landed.

1. Overpowers Castor and Pollux's Time Stop, Age Manip, Time Slow, Rewind and Telekinesis from the Amulet of Uroboros with nothing but sheer speed and rage, he was being blatantly affected by said powers before but by the end of the fight, Kratos overpowers the Amulet's powers and murks Castor and Pollux, then rips out the latter from the bigger Twin.

2. Develops a brand new will to defeat the Sisters of Fate, inadvertently overpowering his Threads of Fate being cut off by the Sisters of Fate which should've insta-killed him, but he didn't get affected in the least bit, in fact, he didn't feel a damn thing at all, he just power walked without being aware of what had just happened to him.
I feel like a lot of that is tied in to his rage and how much he adapts against it. Not really sure it applies here, or it really feels more murky shores based on his performances in the last two games.
3. LOLnopes Heimdall's precog in combination with his Spear so bad that Heimdall eventually straight up has difficulty reading or foreseeing what Kratos's "empty head" intends to do to him (Spare his life).
I don't see any proof of that. If his RE was that potent, he wouldn't have even needed the spear in the first place and would've just fought Heimdall without it cuz he would've adapted. He needed to use the spear because of its unpredictable nature and ability to multiply which made it harder for Heimdall to predict. And the reason Heimdall got hit more as the battle progressed wasn't because Kratos was adapting to his abilities, it's because Heimdall had gotten punched after being distracted by the Draupnir spears. It got him pissed that Kratos had hit him, which made his foresight sloppy. I think Kratos' RE has diminished while in the Norse land, likely due to him losing several magic abilities from Greece, and because he's relying less on his rage, which is what I believe fueled most of his RE feats.

Regardless of that, both characters have wincons in this match. Heimdall can incapacitate Baldur with a neck snap, and Baldur can outlast Heimdall or land several more attacks with his superior speed that Heimdall wouldn't be able to react to in time. This match was already concluded, and it's been added to both their profiles.

I feel like a lot of that is tied in to his rage and how much he adapts against it. Not really sure it applies here, or it really feels more murky shores based on his performances in the last two games.
In the case of Castor and Pollux, he didn't have any resistances at all, and then he just magically grows them by the end of the fight. And Rage alone didn't get him through, his speed played a massive factor as well. This is also where Kratos has most of his memories suppressed by the Furies so his Rage really isn't that effective here.

Against the Sisters of Fate however? Not even his Rage would be enough to save him from having his Thread clipped. The Sisters explicitly mention it's his willpower that allowed him to completely shrug it off to begin with.

I don't see any proof of that. If his RE was that potent, he wouldn't have even needed the spear in the first place and would've just fought Heimdall without it cuz he would've adapted. He needed to use the spear because of its unpredictable nature and ability to multiply which made it harder for Heimdall to predict. And the reason Heimdall got hit more as the battle progressed wasn't because Kratos was adapting to his abilities, it's because Heimdall had gotten punched after being distracted by the Draupnir spears.
It's a combination of both the Spear and Kratos adapting. Nothing about the Spears was noted to be unpredictable, Draupnir's sole purpose as per Brok was to overload the senses, nothing else, which it does primarily via its explosive nature. That and you have to remember that Kratos's RE just isn't as potent as it was back in his God days because of him slacking out so massively, to trigger his AD and RE now he has to actively engage in combat for long-enough periods, whereas in his Greek days it was at a moments' notice that he continued to become stronger, faster and more capable.

It got him pissed that Kratos had hit him, which made his foresight sloppy.
It didn't, Heimdall just became more serious and upped his game. That's it. He was genuinely excited at the prospect of finally having a real challenge in quite a long time, thanks to his Aesir warrior nature.

I think Kratos' RE has diminished while in the Norse land, likely due to him losing several magic abilities from Greece, and because he's relying less on his rage, which is what I believe fueled most of his RE feats.
It is true that his AD and RE has diminished considerably, but it's not just because of his lack of reliance on Rage, it's also because he had massively slacked out on his training and just effectively went on a hiatus to control his anger instead, thus shriveling to his 2018 form. It's still there, just not as potent as in his early days.

Last edited:
That's weird. I've always found the infinite speed rating for GoW weird in the first place, even if the logic used for it makes sense.
Helios ain't the only one in the equation, there's the Light of Dawn and the Sisters of Fate now thanks to the whole "Threads of Fate span all life and time" quote and the Astral Projection feat, but the Sisters' feats are best left for the upcoming CRT.

He can't run faster than sound for extended periods of time in the first novel
He easily keeps up with Castor and Pollux who even without the Amulet of Uroboros are outright stated by WoG to be swifter than the Redeemed Warrior even with the latter having Essence of Hyperion on (Kratos being even swifter), and first novel Kratos wasn't exactly God level either until he opened Pandora's Box.

He easily keeps up with Castor and Pollux who even without the Amulet of Uroboros are outright stated by WoG to be swifter than the Redeemed Warrior even with the latter having Essence of Hyperion on (Kratos being even swifter), and first novel Kratos wasn't exactly God level either until he opened Pandora's Box.
Are you saying that it only applies to kratos with o

Do you have a calc for this? It could be useful, unless Kratos has a better travel speed feat in GOW1
Uh... buddy, this is not a travel speed feat, this is an endurance feat. It's part of why the whole "Can't run Supersonic for long" argument tears itself apart, that and you have Castor and Pollux.

Back