• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki speed upgrade

So in this fight vs yujiro Baki has do 3 attack state Faster than lighting, people couldn't not see the attack and think that the fight was not stated yet ,even doppo was look shocked about the speed of baki
Full feat there

Interesting but it can be metaphor . I agree for this upgrade there are many feat support this like Yujiro dodge lightning or Musashi time frame high end . I see many charactor are always exaggerate but only for Yujiro it always true ,Like turn coal to diamond no one think it possible and Yujiro never show this but in Baki dou II it possible for Yujiro to do it.

Interesting but it can be metaphor . I agree for this upgrade there are many feat support this like Yujiro dodge lightning or Musashi time frame high end . I see many charactor are always exaggerate but only for Yujiro it always true ,Like turn coal to diamond no one think it possible and Yujiro never show this but in Baki dou II it possible for Yujiro to do it.
Yujiro instict or whatever alredy has been compared as being able to dodge ligthing so there is that

As someone who has read Baki extensively, while lightning speed isn't entirely out of question for Baki and Yujiro, this specific feat is too weak to be primary evidence for lightning speed, as "faster than lightning" is a frequent metaphor for faster than lightning speed.

However, I do not wish to merely dismiss this statement, as we also have that one moment when Yujiro was said to dodge lightning. I'd still wait to see if we can get any other feat that may complement these two as they don't build a strong evidence case, but the possibility is there.

As someone who has read Baki extensively, while lightning speed isn't entirely out of question for Baki and Yujiro, this specific feat is too weak to be primary evidence for lightning speed, as "faster than lightning" is a frequent metaphor for faster than lightning speed.

However, I do not wish to merely dismiss this statement, as we also have that one moment when Yujiro was said to dodge lightning. I'd still wait to see if we can get any other feat that may complement these two as they don't build a strong evidence case, but the possibility is there.
A "possibly" could work

I have another moment Baki is say faster than ligthing i can search it

There another statement that say Baki is like lighting and if retsu was not able to see all the movement it can be true has we know Katsumi with retsu hand cannot be damage with the sound barrier and he move at 1000 miles per minute (mach 78) and ligthing move at 183.51174mach so personaly i think it valid

Last edited:

There another statement that say Baki is like lighting and if retsu was not able to see all the movement it can be true has we know Katsumi with retsu hand cannot be damage with the sound barrier and he move at 1000 miles per minute (mach 78) and ligthing move at 183.51174mach so personaly i think it valid

That isn't evidence to lightning speed. It says that Baki's movements are impossible to catch, like lightning.

This isn't Baki being lightning speed, but rather, Baki's speed and lightning speed are both unmatchable by Retsu. Still very respectable, but unquantifiable.

That isn't evidence to lightning speed. It says that Baki's movements are impossible to catch, like lightning.

This isn't Baki being lightning speed, but rather, Baki's speed and lightning speed are both unmatchable by Retsu. Still very respectable, but unquantifiable.
I feel like you in first time when saw that. But it is the arc where Katsumi show mach 78 speed and there are many time they say about speed that surpass sound in the manga. But when baki figh they always say about lightning speed.

I feel like you in first time when saw that. But it is the arc where Katsumi show mach 78 speed and there are many time they say about speed that surpass sound in the manga. But when baki figh they always say about lightning speed.
Because that is how common lightning is used as a metaphor. Remember, if we actually ranked people's speed in real life by statements alone, I could upgrade Ali's speed to MHS+ by how many times he was called lightning-fast or faster than lightning in interviews and descriptions.

Again, it is still a respectable feat, Baki's speed is too much even for people with their speed on the double digits Mach - but it still isn't evidence to lightning speed.

Ali arc is different they dont talk anything about speed level like son of orge arc. In pickle arc they really emphasize about speed level. And statements from normal people is nothing compared to Retsu.

Ali arc is different they dont talk anything about speed level like son of orge arc. In pickle arc they really emphasize about speed level. And statements from normal people is nothing compared to Retsu.
No, not Baki's Ali, real life Ali. Ali frequently had interviewers, other boxers and newspapers saying he was faster than lightning.

That is to illustrate that statements, no matter how numerous, are not solid evidence.

It can in fiction if it reliable and reasonable enough.
I agree, statements can be used as supporting evidence - but only to support more solid evidence, not as evidence by itself.

Which is precisely the case here. Baki's vest lightning-related feat is performed by Yujiro, in a direct statement with a feat that could have been done by being Supersonic.

Which, again, isn't actually too bad a feat, and there is enough to warrant a possibly - just not a certainty.

I agree, statements can be used as supporting evidence - but only to support more solid evidence, not as evidence by itself.

Which is precisely the case here. Baki's vest lightning-related feat is performed by Yujiro, in a direct statement with a feat that could have been done by being Supersonic.

Which, again, isn't actually too bad a feat, and there is enough to warrant a possibly - just not a certainty.
Are you saying the lighting feat can get to supersonic? Because that’s literally only the case if you downplay the shit out of the feat. Recent calcs still put it at massively hypersonic.

Anyway the OP question is gonna get answers I believe my next crt about speed later

Are you saying the lighting feat can get to supersonic? Because that’s literally only the case if you downplay the shit out of the feat. Recent calcs still put it at massively hypersonic.

Anyway the OP question is gonna get answers I believe my next crt about speed later
Hey bro it me Baki Hanma on discord lol

So there the narrator say that if lightning bolt was to strike Yujiro he was able to repond on it on time

It says even if he off guard he can respond to it. But this isn’t going to be the cap for speed

Also bro Hyd? I forgot that this was you lol

Back