• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Lifting Strength Upgrade

physically when we support one hand by holding our wrist it involves the force of both hands, so it seems logical that at least the olivia should scale equally with the sukune.
It supports leverage, it doesn't give more force to the grip strength. As I said, it in fact it takes away grip strength when you're holding your hand in your wrist.

Because Sukune was missing a crucial finger he couldn't create enough grip strength against Oliva's grip strength so he then relied on leverage instead of pure grip strength.

UlxCdI0.jpg

It supports leverage, it doesn't give more force to the grip strength. As I said, it in fact it takes away grip strength when you're holding your hand in your wrist.

Because Sukune was missing a crucial finger he couldn't create enough grip strength against Oliva's grip strength so he then relied on leverage instead of pure grip strength.
I can see what you're saying, but this episode suggests to me that he should at least be put in the same class as Sukune, because he resisted with his other hand and continued to be pushed even though he was supported with his other hand.

What I'm really talking about here is that Sukune grabbed his wrist with his other hand, but he was pushed, so even though he grabbed his wrist, Olivia was able to push him.

Also, if this upgrade does go through Hanayama should also be included for scaling as he easily overpowered Musashi in grip strength.
There seems to be more people who agree, and those who agree with my logic probably understand what I mean.

This scaling still feels right to me because Sukune's resistance to being grabbed by the wrist and pushed because his other hand is not injured involves both hands resisting and the diamond achievement comes from one hand.

As we see here he doesn't use his healthy hand but his handicapped hand so we really can't really scale him either way. And pulling your hand to your wrist doesn't help you exert grip strength at all, try it yourself it actually does the opposite.

And even ignoring the handicapped hand issue, this would go directly against what's stated in-universe that there have only ever been two people who have managed to turn coal into diamonds. A fact that even Yujiro dismissed which means he isn't capable of turning coal into diamonds.
Disagree fra

And to point out, Grip Strength is an entirely different category of strength compared physical strength.

Arm Wrestlers have a stronger and superior grip strength to professional strongmen but are still physically inferior due to their niche being their massive reliance on forearm strength.

Same with Sukune, we've seen him get overpowered by Baki even in the early chapters of Baki Dou but his grip strength was undoubtedly the most powerful grip at that point in the series.
How do you find the weight when someone grips something?

This is based on the link here on how to calculate the strength

3 Ways to Test Your Grip Strength - wikiHow

Uh oh

It seems there was some confusion

Only the profiles that have direct scaling to Yujiro or post-Yujiro fight Baki recieve the 7-C rating

Profiles like Buiscuit Olivia and Baki's Raitai Tournament to Son of Ogre Key should instead be 8-B

An easy way to Identify what profile gets what is to look at how the profiles looked in January

Uh oh

It seems there was some confusion

Only the profiles that have direct scaling to Yujiro or post-Yujiro fight Baki recieve the 7-C rating

Profiles like Buiscuit Olivia and Baki's Raitai Tournament to Son of Ogre Key should instead be 8-B

An easy way to Identify what profile gets what is to look at how the profiles looked in January
Many characters already scale to each other, so I don't see a bug, most characters feats comes from battles with musashi and pickles

Back