• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Lifting Strength Upgrade

Sukune and Olivia had a contest of strength in their last fight, in the contest of strength Sukune was crushed by Olivia's one hand even though Sukune was ambidextrous, Sukune didn't have a pinky but she used her other good hand, Sukune could turn a coal into a diamond with one hand, so this achievement should be updated for other characters.

who should scale: Baki, Yujiro, Olivia, Pickle, Musashi

Last edited:
No, the other hand is used for support, not for a buff. Oliva stated that Sukune isn't as strong as before thanks to his injuries, saying that he can't crush rocks to dimonds anymore.

No, the other hand is used for support, not for a buff. Oliva stated that Sukune isn't as strong as before thanks to his injuries, saying that he can't crush rocks to dimonds anymore.
he was only missing the pinky of one hand, the other hand was still completely intact and the pinky wouldn't have made a big difference. also he already turned coal into diamonds with one hand and contrary to what you say it should scale to the strength of both hands thanks to the other hand supporting him because with the other hand he was holding his wrist and resisting and still olivia kept crushing him.

Last edited:
Neutral for King's reasons

I'd like to see those statements
he was only missing the pinky of one hand, the other hand was still completely intact and the pinky wouldn't have made a big difference. also he already turned coal into diamonds with one hand and contrary to what you say it should scale to the strength of both hands thanks to the other hand supporting him because with the other hand he was holding his wrist and resisting and still olivia kept crushing him.
I responded to what he said and said he was wrong

Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree

It's stated that he's not at full strength and the way he braces his arm doesn't mean he suddenly gains the full force of his other hand

I do believe Biscuit is at that level of power however this is not evidence towards it

Best I could see is a "Possibly Class K"

Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree

It's stated that he's not at full strength and the way he braces his arm doesn't mean he suddenly gains the full force of his other hand

I do believe Biscuit is at that level of power however this is not evidence towards it

Best I could see is a "Possibly Class K"
if we consider that only the pinky finger of one hand is missing and that the two hands of Sukuna are equivalent to one hand of Olivian, we get class m.

sukune squeezes the coal with one hand and turns it into diamonds, so he's accomplishing this feat with one hand, now as for the part you said, you're wrong because we see that he grabs his wrist with the other hand and squeezes it, and this obviously involves the resistance of both hands and olivia is able to keep pushing despite this.

Contrary to what you might think, when we hold one hand with the other hand and offer an opposing resistance, it involves resistance in the other hand.

really unbelievable, nobody cares about an upgrade that should have happened and profiles are not updated, very annoying

I disagree.

Oliva specifically states that Sukune is handicapped and is no longer capable of exerting the same amount of strength he used to.

AiwFFxK.png

ofGnTKm.png

I disagree.

Oliva specifically states that Sukune is handicapped and is no longer capable of exerting the same amount of strength he used to.
I know he's not as strong as he used to be, but he's using his other strong hand, and yet he continues to be pushed by olivia, and sukuna's success in turning coal into diamonds comes from one hand.

As we see here he doesn't use his healthy hand but his handicapped hand so we really can't really scale him either way. And pulling your hand to your wrist doesn't help you exert grip strength at all, try it yourself it actually does the opposite.

And even ignoring the handicapped hand issue, this would go directly against what's stated in-universe that there have only ever been two people who have managed to turn coal into diamonds. A fact that even Yujiro dismissed which means he isn't capable of turning coal into diamonds.

yyRfGCo.png

IDLUvAh.png

WFgq48q.png

And to point out, Grip Strength is an entirely different category of strength compared physical strength.

Arm Wrestlers have a stronger and superior grip strength to professional strongmen but are still physically inferior due to their niche being their massive reliance on forearm strength.

Same with Sukune, we've seen him get overpowered by Baki even in the early chapters of Baki Dou but his grip strength was undoubtedly the most powerful grip at that point in the series.

As we see here he doesn't use his healthy hand but his handicapped hand so we really can't really scale him either way. And pulling your hand to your wrist doesn't help you exert grip strength at all, try it yourself it actually does the opposite.

And even ignoring the handicapped hand issue, this would go directly against what's stated in-universe that there have only ever been two people who have managed to turn coal into diamonds. A fact that even Yujiro dismissed which means he isn't capable of turning coal into diamonds.
physically when we support one hand by holding our wrist it involves the force of both hands, so it seems logical that at least the olivia should scale equally with the sukune.

holding and supporting one hand by the wrist involves the force of both hands because it is an opposing force, at least I think so

Back