• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Hanma vs. Garou (Complete)

not really. I actually found proof that all of garou's feats after the bomb+bang vs super centipede battle are him in already semi monster form (I have a link if yall want, so basically, all his good feats are useless now lol)

Literally the only proof is a statement from Murata that he's starting to grow into his monster. Which he does every time he adapts or evolves. He gets closer to his end goal of becoming a monster. He's still in his human form during the Elder Centipede fight and when he went against Overgrown Rover (which is what his first key is for).

The evolution of Garou is him slowly growing over time, then breaking his limiter, then gaining the his first monster-like transformation, then finally becoming the monster he always wanted to be while fighting Saitama. Then he devolves into a lesser monster form. Then reverts back into a human.

The part of him slowing growing over time before breaking his limiter cannot at all be called a monster form of his. It's still his human form. Even if he is getting closer to gaining the monster form.

well, if he evolved my man, that means that he changed from human into something stronger than a human, meaning that he isn't human anymore.

Again, just because Garou evolved and got closer to the monster form doesn't mean he's in the monster form. Or that he's no longer in what would be considered his human form. He's explicitly not a monster until he fights Golden Sperm. And even then he was an imperfect monster.

did u read what I wrote? the moment he first evolved, he wasn't a human anymore, since one) humans don't insta evolve just cuz they got beat, but monsters do, otherwise they wouldn't have become monsters in the first place and second) if he evolved at all, he changed from a human into something else. that's how evolution works my friend. its not fiction. its science.

There's a clear distinction between Garou approaching a monster form and Garou in monster form. Garou even makes a monologue about how he's still a human after his fight with Darkshine. It's only after that when his state as a monster is finally affirmed. Every time before that, Garou is still a human.

Metal Bat can also adapt and grow stronger through willpower, which no real life human can do. I guess he's a monster too. Or perhaps One Punch Man is a fictional world where their humans can do things different that ours.

I'm tired of repeating myself as you keep bragging about this supposed point of yours.

Human Garou evolves closer into the monster forms over time. Of course. That doesn't mean Garou during this process of growing into a monster is a monster or is no longer Human Garou.

Especially since Garou explicitly did not become a monster until many chapters later than you suggest. Human Garou fought Rover. Not Monster Garou or any "semi" Monster Garou. Even the "semi" forms (Limit Break and first monster form) come well after that fight.

I won't bother saying this over and over again anymore.

"its not fiction. its science." Lol wat. One Punch Man is fiction.

Darkshine, Metal Bat, Pig God, and other S Class heroes clearly have superpowers, but they are all human. One of Garou's powers is evolution, which is used both as a human and as a monster.

Oh my god thank you so much Spartan.

You're explaining everything I wanted to say a lot better.

so my silly logic is me saying that whenever garou evolves he's not human anymore, and that's ur reason about why im totally wrong about this battle at all?.. wow... ur a whole new level my man...

No your silly logic is silly and absurd because it defies logic. Everyone above refuted your points.

With your logic, if scrap metal was being built into a machine... it's immediately a machine when it's only 1/4 built.

lol omg man. so u have no better answer than saying that other people, who are smarter than u, have ur back cuz u cant answer for urself? got it. u could've said that earlier. and not all my points have been thrown the trash yet. I said that baki has his sure knock out blitz, who he has landed on much faster characters, and since this is speed equalized, he is landing it for sure, and if he does, the battle is won for him. I have yet to hear a good answer for this (but don't worry. someone that's "got ur back" is gonna answer for u...)

Dude speed being equalized makes that move useless as we already have explained.And stop throwing personal insults.

that's why speed equalized sucks. I still don't know why we do this in the first place. like, how do u guys decide a fight between a fast character who is weaker against a character who is slower but stronger? like, u took away their strong points (don't get me wrong. garou IS faster than baki, so yes, he would win under normal circumstances, but he isn't now, which also means that my character cant use his best trait, so that sucks as well). lol calling me silly is an insult as well, but I don't think that saying that he cant answer for himself is... and going back to that, whats garou gonna do? water stream nothing? cuz baki rarely attacks until he sees patterns, so they're gonna do what? stare at each other the whole time? and if not, how do u see garou winning? baki has almost all advantages over him. technique, experience, variety, versatility, stamina, durability, and he can, just like garou, copy moves mid fight.

My answer to you has been said above.

Oh noooo, my feelings, my feelings are hurt, ohhhh the pain is unbearable, I feel life leaving meee alas, it was but a good life....

In all seriousness, Garou has a higher destructive output. Has better precognition or at least predicting the enemy. Your 'technique' is rendered moot by all of us, not just by a single one of us. We all agreed on it. Speed equalized doesn't mean your hits are guaranteed. It means everything is fair game.

Reactive evolution also puts the final nail on the coffin because even without the monsterification process Garou was approaching it.

Martial arts? Arguably they're both equal, but one of them specializes on deflecting everything. And the only time Garou wasn't able to deflect something, was because he was hit by something with too much power. And that too much power is so borderline above Baki that he effectively solos the verse while blind.

Not bad for someone 'brainless' as me I'd say.

It's logical.

Without speed equalized, Baki gets hammered to the floor even faster than before. Simple.

Do you hear yourself? Everyone, including me, refuted all your points above already.

I really, REALLY wanted to Baki win this, and I'm fully willing to argue that Baki stomps Garou in sheer skill, but Garou's reactive evolution is just too much.

Sadly, Garou wins, mid-high diff. Perhaps high.

higher AP output? where do u get this from? they're both 7A lol and garou has no precong against characters on his lvl and u guys using reactive evolution proves that current garou isn't good enough to win, so he has to get beat and evolve to actually beat baki so this is baki's win anyways (he cant evolve unless he gets his ass kicked, but since that wont happen according to u, he aint evolving any time soon). and that was one technique, and if u read the comment above, u will see that having more techniques is one of baki's strong points as well. and he cant repel baki's attacks forever. for one, baki will either find a way through it, either tire him out cuz of superior stamina, or go with a different strategy (something garou doenst do, since he is always goes head on first)

Your logic is like this:

Monkeys can walk

Humans can walk

Humans can pilot helicopters

Helicopters can fly

Birds can fly

Therefore, by that logic, Monkeys are birds

To put it simply, my argument is either Garou beats Baki without taking too much damage, or he reactively adapts after getting beat up, and then beats up Baki.

Let me put it this way. Attacker A can punch down a wall, and is Wall level. Attacker B can finger flick a wall and it gets pulverized. Attacker A <<< Attacker B. Attacker B is superior.

Garou is Attacker B in this case.

In any case, people said what they could. I like both characters but the match is clear.

We literally had a discussion here about why Garou has a higher AP output and better DB, you can be the same tier but that doesn't mean your equal. Garou may be 7A but that doesn't mean every 7A are equal.Base Garou beats Baki without evolving.And you still don't know how Garou's evolution works, when Garou takes a substantial amount of damage once then he will start evolving and after that, he keeps evolving so even if Baki could trigger Garou's reactive evolution, Garou would stomp him literally moments later just as he did Superalloy Darkshine.

Yeah being in the same tier doesn't always make it even. For example, High 6-As, 5-As, 4-Bs, and 4-As can all be in the same tier but he thousands of time different in power.

While 7-A still has a gap, it isn't quite as severe. If you want to see all the differences, look at this chart.

u guys don't seem to understand. for garou to evolve HE NEEDS to take severe damage, but each and every single one of is saying that that wont happen, so he is never evolving in this battle. and if he keeps evolving, this might as well be 6-c garou vs 7-a baki. see what I mean? and i just noticed something. which human garou are we using? the one who got shat on back by held back bang, or the one who beat a monster in one punch who is about 2.5x stronger than bang?

I'm saying Garou isn't evolving because Baki won't land severe damage on him.

Garou evolving is an ability so you can't really upset about him potentially evolving to be tiers over Baki.

Base human Garou and I dont remember Garou getting beat by a casual Bang, unless you're talking about the one when Garou was heavily fatigued and poisoned.

no. not bang. sorry. umm what's his name. the doggy dude. u know who im talking about right? the dog hero? yeah him. he is above metal above (by far), which kinda puts him on full power bang levels (bang beat four guys who were all above metal bat in about less than 10 secs when serious). and tbh, since u guys say he evolves all the time, the time he DID fight bang and was all beat up, was likely a time where he was getting stronger again, which he did, btw.... and that 1st sentence of urs... what?? and its not an actual ability, but more like a reaction. if he could control I think it would be an ability, but since he cant, I would put it below that. and u still haven't answered my question- doggy guy/metal bat fight human or MA arc hum garou is being used? cuz they differentiate. a lot.

The human Garou being used is right before he fought Superalloy Darkshine because that was the last instance was his peak human form(that should be a given).Also, WatchDogs man's true strength is largely unknown and could very well above Bang jsyk.

Dunno how the first sentence was confusing.

There is a thing called passive ability.

That's like saying Saitama is stronger than Bang... We don't even know how much stronger he is compared to Bang or whether they're equal or not....

So when we say Human Garou how far along is he in his evolution? It wouldn't change the outcome that much but it wouldn't be a stomp either especially if Garou is still at Tank Top.

@Lorenzo.r.2nd I think you're merging everyone's arguments into one. Some people are arguing that Garou doesn't need reactive evolution to win, while others are saying that Garou might need it to win. Regardless, they all agree that Garou would win in the end.

Just to clear up some information.

Garou can use precognition against same level opponents. I don't know where you got the notion that he couldn't. Also Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist isn't just a reactive martial art, the user can the initiative and attack with the martial art's barrages if the user wants to. There have been multiple instances when Garou and Bang attacked without deflecting or reflecting. Garou also has Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist as a peak human if he can't, for whatever reason, use Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist.

Would this be a grace period?

@muu ive asked that before, and the answer I got was "human garou. there is not other human garou key", so yeah... I don't think they see the difference between a garou who almost lost to tank top, and to one who had evolved so much that he was beating people like darkshine..

The only Garou's used in VS Threads are Garou right after beating Darkshine and Garou after beating Golden Sperm. The Garou used in this match up is Garou right after beating Darkshine.

Seventy96 said:
BTW: Grappler Baki is good anime or not?
I don't know about the anime, but the manga is great. The first series (Grappler Baki) is initially really weird and quirky, but by the mid/late series it becomes incredible. Son of Ogre is just pure, distilled awesome. Still need to read Baki Dou tho.

sheesh... they really need to make more baki stuff on the wiki along with key for a before evolved garou (legit second time I had this problem)

Back