• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baby Magnum vs HsB

Heavy Objects vs To aru technology.

Scenario 1: The HsB vs The Baby Magnum. If one wins, how many of the other type could the winner take on at once?

Scenario 2: WWIII. Academy City vs the Legitimacy Kingdom; No supernatural powers allowed.

scenario one: baby magnum wins, his durability is nuke lvl, the HsB will mostly go down after one hit with a rocket...

for the amount: around 50 or more, maybe than the HsBs could win...

scenario 2: AC wins, they have artifical black hole bomb generators :)

scenario one: Hmm.. The HsB is a lot faster and could do quite some damage to the baby magnum in my opinion, but I agree that it loses. The Baby Magnums air defence is very good it can probably shoot it down before it can do any damage. But in my estimation 10 are enough for an object, when focussing a few of their earth blades they could likely pierce its shell and with their speeds they are hard to shoot down.

scenario two: I agree. Even through it is not a black hole but a white dwarf bomb. It doesn´t really form a black hole. (and AC would better nerf it before using it. frendas version would just kill both sides)

Scenario one: Baby Magnum wins very very easily, not even a contest. HsB's speed isn't of any value against an Object. It's a very big point in the Heavy Object novels how Objects and their combination of AA lasers (actual lightspeed) plus their superb targeting equipment has made aircraft obsolete. The only thing the HsB has that could damage Baby Magnum is probably the earth blade, and it has to get close to use it, which is not happening, and it isn't taking down Baby Magnum in one lucky hit.

As a side note, Objects don't use missiles as weapons because they are worthless against other Objects (since all have point defense and AA lasers) and lasers are basically the ultimate AA weapon.

Against an army of HsBs? That's an interesting matchup. In order to actually have an idea of how this would go we have to compare them to the fighters in Heavy Object. The first Object ever (much less powerful than even a modern 1st Gen like the Baby Magnum) took out more than 1500 fighters during its first deployment. In WWIII AC used 10 HsFs + support aircraft to basically defend Japan from dozens of 8th Gen russian fighters. Let's be generous and say that a single HsF or HsB are is worth 30-50 normal fighters agaisnt Objects. You would need dozens of them for them to even reach Baby Magnum, but with enough numbers it would eventually go down. How many? No clue.

Scenario 2: AC has better tech and soldiers, and they could probably engineer some ways to destroy an Object given a small amount of time considering their rate of military development in the novels.

Unrelated, but frenda didn't have a bomb. There wasn't actually a bomb, it was a graviton artificial gravity control device that could be used as a bomb. AC could totally create those if they wanted, but it probably would be overkill, don't you think?. HO would have more of a chance against most espers (except Accel, as we saw in the crossover).

Hmm... HO vs espers?

I would think accel and kakine would take this without problem, the rest...

Well, the rest mostly lacks in attack potency to really harm them and there are durability problems. I would think Muginos Meltdowner can melt quite easily through the armor so that it would only need a (relatively) short amount of time to burn through it, but her defense is lacking against things like lasers so she would be taken out before that.

Misaka could hack the controls I guess (given that her ability can directly sense and manipulate the electric circuits the usual ways to block hacking won´t work), but for her the range of an object is likely to large. Her reflexes are high enough to initially make the first move, but if she has to approach it or take fire she is taken out. 50/50 for her I would say.

Gunha has possibly the firepower to harm an object quite severely. It is just a question wether or not he can approach it. I would think he might as well is able to take out 1 of them, given that he also outspeeds them a lot and has fake teleport to approach.

Misakis ability is useless here and #6 is still mostly unknown.

Which leaves the rest of the espers. The only ones that are noteworthy from them are teleporters, given that they could completly circumvent the armor they have the tools to offensively harm them. So they might take one out if the object doesn´t shoot in them first.

Well, all in all objects are almost equal to saints in index.

DontTalk said:
Hmm... HO vs espers?
I would think accel and kakine would take this without problem, the rest...
Yeah, in the kamachi crossover Baby Magnum was no match for Accel's shadow, who would solo HO in base mode since they don't have anything that can bypass his reflection. Mikoto did a bit better than you would expect, though that was partially because the Object she faced had beam cannons as its main weaponry, which like Mugino's Meltdowner are electron based so she could deflect them, at least for a short while before getting overwhelmed since they are more powerful than Mugino's.

I forgot that Misaka was actually fighting the object. The whole scene was too chaotic for me it seems.

Which remembers me that I never got around to read kamachis other Novels except To aru majutsu no Index and The circumstances leading to waltrauts marriage. I actually planned to make a page for at least all shadows just to complete Hels page, but...

DontTalk said:
I forgot that Misaka was actually fighting the object. The whole scene was too chaotic for me it seems.
Which remembers me that I never got around to read kamachis other Novels except To aru majutsu no Index and The circumstances leading to waltrauts marriage. I actually planned to make a page for at least all shadows just to complete Hels page, but...
You're going to have a hard time with that considering that Blood Sign and Killer Queen have not been translated so far. Well, I've read all other Kamachi series, so if you need help I'll do what I can. Speaking of which, I've just added to the Baby Magnum page and I have a doubt, how would you qualify in attack potency an attack that can sink a battleship?

Depends on the way it is sunk. According to this the ammunition themselve is room level+ so that is enough to sink a ship I guess, but if you completly destroy it I would say it likely is around building / large building level I would think (I would have to look into it)

It is sad that Js06 won´t do blood sign. I am curious how powerful the queen really is, but I heard some time ago that another group wanted to translate it, no idea what happened to that...

And about the help, well personally I would be happy to see characters from the other Kamachi franchises around the page, so if you have time and motivation you could create profiles for them. Not a request as an administrator or anything, just as a fan I would be interested.

The battleship part is because the novels don't give a lot of feats for the secondary weapons (since most of the fights are Object vs Object they are barely used since they wouldn't pierce the onion armor). In the first novel there's this statement about the secondary weapons of an Object:

It finally turned one of its over 100 weapons as if displaying its anger for a small bug that had bitten it.

It was not using one of the main cannons that was aimed at the princess's Object.

However, anything on the Tri-Core was enough to sink a normal battleship. There was no question as to what would happen to a flesh-and-blood soldier.

We know the secondary weapons obliterate tanks and aircraft, and in the first ep of the anime the original Object is shown destroying several ships with them, which just kind of explode.

About Blood Sign, the group that tried to pick it up only does chinese to english translations and their chinese source for the novels wasn't the best quality, so they quit. It might be selected by another translation group that did a poll to select new projects. The White Queen has a few feats that were revealed with the spoilers of the novels, but they lack in context.

If I have time I'll try to add some Kamachi characters, sure, but not all his series are really fitting for crossover battles. Waltraute's Marriage is a romantic comedy (as Waltraute demonstrated to her sisters XD), Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village is a youkai mystery series and A Simple Series is just... absurd.

Given that Objects secondary weapons can destroy aircraft carriers in one hit and through heat based weapons (be it now plasmas or lasers) I would say large building level is realistic for them.

Well, for Waltraute I actually was able to get some nice stats (and was able to skillfully evade a non-PG-13 desciption of the Multi-tool knife.

Having read half of A simple survey I can confirm that it is quite absurd. The short storys feel like ideas for novels kamachi had that never got written because they were to strange.

But for Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village I would actually imagine some characters in theory being capable fighters. I mean all Youkai are somehow immune to all physical damage, aren´t they? And the Yuki Onna (#58902385Ra4) was able to freeze things to 0K in the crossover, which is actually a nice attack potency/Hax feat.

DontTalk said:
Having read half of A simple survey I can confirm that it is quite absurd. The short storys feel like ideas for novels kamachi had that never got written because they were to strange.

But for Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village I would actually imagine some characters in theory being capable fighters. I mean all Youkai are somehow immune to all physical damage, aren´t they? And the Yuki Onna (#58902385Ra4) was able to freeze things to 0K in the crossover, which is actually a nice attack potency/Hax feat.
Yeah, A Simple Series is exactly that, as Kamachi mentioned in the afterword. The next novel, A Simple Monitoring, has an actual narrative beyond the excuse plot of the first one. About its characters, maybe pages for Objective Alice, Mamoru and Karen could be made; but the first one is a mysterious existence that symbols the absurd and her stats are all unknown, while the two others are humans with incredibly hax abilities that are more hard to gauge than the Imagine Breaker.

Yes, Youkai in Zashiki Warashi are immune to normal damage and physical laws. Even if you bypass that immunity they are still hard to kill and some even posses regen. The verse has some hax abilities too. Still, most characters lack feats and conflicts in the series are even more focused on using your brains and your ability in a smart way over raw power than Toaru's.

Back