• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avenger Upgrades

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Here's the relevant clip.

Avenger trades blows with Saber for a while, and though Saber is noted to be purposefully on the defensive to see how his tactics will play out, the fact that he's even capable of fighting against Saber at all means that he should somewhat scale, but just with Tawrich and Zarich, one of which catches a serious slash from Excalibur meant to kill him and end the battle. Of course, they're both immediately shattered by a Mana Burst right after, but they should scale to a non-enhanced slash.

In this clip, Avenger also apparently boosts his speed over a hundredfold times, when he had been striking three to four times for each of Saber's attacks at the beginning, but Saber still easily keeps up and lethally injures him, so. Either way, the speed and strength boost noted as Avenger pushing himself past his limits is almost certainly Murderous Instinct.

In this clip, Verg Avesta is also stated to reflect wounds onto the soul. So.

So, I think that Avenger's stats should be changed to:

• Wall level physically, at least City level+ with Tawrich and Zarich / Murderous Instinct.

I'm pretty sure he says he can stall against a Servant, but he'd never be able to beat another Servant one-on-one. I'm fine with this.

Aaaaaaaand another Avenger thing; his rebirth as a Servant following the destruction of the Grail in stay/night, from his spiritual form.

Low-Godly regen, but I'd say this is only for him while he's the Grail, and it regenerates him as his Servant self over time, so... not very useful, but it's there. Maybe it also applies to his Servant self but it's still over time.

I'd say sure, but it won't apply to his Servant form, only his true form as Angra Mainyu/Beast/Holy Grail Mud.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Beast?

No, Beast VI is the Beast of Revelations, not Angra. It is split in two, but i seriously doubt one of the halfs will be him. It would be extremely contradictory.

Shrugs.

Thoughts on the Regenerationn thing, NEH?

I haven't played Hollow Ataraxia yet, so i could be wrong, but from what i know it seems legit. We can't really know if it applies to his Servant self though, since he never stays alive long enough to regenerate.

From what I know, he was only able to do it thanks to the power of the Grail, so it's probably just the Grail only.

Unless Ram and Kami feel like commenting, I'm pretty sure this will be nearly all of the input we're going to get on this.

While we're here, should Avenger get Death Manipulation as Black Iri? Her Song of Grail NP in F/GO has a chance of causing instant death.

Yeah, that'd go to Grail Angra, I guess.

... He should probably scale to other feats from Grails in F/GO and stuff.

Back