• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar State Post Harmonic Convergence ATLA and TLOK question

The Avatar State Post Harmonic Convergence has me confused. At first it was established that the past lives gave the skill and power(avatar the last airbender extras and legacy) to the current avatar in the avatar state but that’s no longer the case after the events season 2 where Korra could still use the avatar state as a result of Raava channeling cosmic power through her. But not only that I’ve heard that the creators mike and bryan confirm that her avatar state wasn’t affected in power after she lost her past lives during the SDCC during 2014 and it’s as strong as ever. But I can’t find this source anywhere even after seeing it mentioned several times on different forums. So I’ll ask if one of y’all has access to that SDCC confirmation on her avatar state because I’d like to get the real source on that.

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere that since there are no more spirits of the other avatars inside her, Korra is now directly connected to Raava herself, which gives her a better conduit to cosmic energy, which is why her avatar state it still so powerful. And here's the 2014 SDCC.

What she lost after harmonic convergence was the skills and versatility with techniques that the other avatars had. For example, theoretically pre-season 3 she could have performed lavabending by channeling Roku's knowledge.

I remember reading somewhere that since there are no more spirits of the other avatars inside her, Korra is now directly connected to Raava herself, which gives her a better conduit to cosmic energy, which is why her avatar state it still so powerful. And here's the 2014 SDCC.

What she lost after harmonic convergence was the skills and versatility with techniques that the other avatars had. For example, theoretically pre-season 3 she could have performed lavabending by channeling Roku's knowledge.
Thank you and I kinda came to the same deduction on the Avatar States power with Raava/the cosmic energy and the past lives offering the skills, combat, and bending experience culminated over their life times.

But I’ve just been trying to find that question answered from mike and bryan that people say confirmed that her avatar state wasn’t affected in power with the loss of the past lives and it was a “rebooted” hard drive during the SDCC 2014. I can’t find that question in particular? They did a Q&A right? I just want the official source as evidence. I’ve watched that video before when looking and the question doesn’t come up in it.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not being presumptuous but I'll assume this is somewhat related to her future execution DB against Storm?

And she's in a similar boat to pre/post cat boy Alucard (As they both have movesets that canonically can't be used together). Korra's avatar state (post-Book 2) seems more connected to Raava but as mentioned above is nerfed in the sense she can't draw upon the previous Avatars skills, experiences and abilities while pre-(Eo) Book 2 Avatar state Korra can draw upon the previous Avatars however she's less connected to Raava and she can't metalbend.

Either way Avatar State characters should've been 6-C ages ago here but it doesn't matter in the long run.

Back