• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Well, after he won winning MITB, despite it being pretty late, I thought "Why not make a revision thread for the wrestler who is most likely going to be the future of the WWE?"

And that's what I'm doing! I'm going to do a short and sweet revision on Austin Theory. Hopefully, it won't be too controversial.

Power Mimicry: Copied Bobby Lashley's spear.

At least Peak Human, likely Class 5 for LS: We've done a revision on this already. Theory is known for using his LS as well. He even won a bodybuilding competition at the age of 17 (stated in his profile).

Instinctive Reactions: Theory was powerbombed through a table, he was then able to respond to the 10 count, as well as instinctively hit a forearm strike on his opponent. Theory was able to instinctively put his foot on the rope, which was stated to be instinctive by the commentators.

That is all for A-Town!

Power Mimicry: Copied Bobby Lashley's spear.

At least Peak Human, likely Class 5 for LS: We've done a revision on this already. Theory is known for using his LS as well. He even won a bodybuilding competition at the age of 17 (stated in his profile).
Agreed

This is iffy and idk whether this should be put on the profile as justification
but this is good for IR

so yeah agree with everything

I honestly doubt any verse supporters will have issues with these upgrades as very similar stuff has been agreed on unanimously with 0 issues at all, we should move onto contacting staff to evaluate

Ah, er, how is this Power Mimicry? I don't think I'm understanding it right. I know nothing about WWE, so I don't see any mechanisms at play.

Could I see it?

he was then able to respond to the 10 count, as well as instinctively hit a forearm strike on his opponent.
I don't think this part is usable. The man has a good look at his opponent before throwing the punch.

This does work I guess, if WWE's commentators contribute to the story.

Ah, er, how is this Power Mimicry? I don't understand. I know nothing about WWE, so I don't any mechanisms in play.
The Spear is Bobby Lashley's finishing move. Wrestlers have shown to mimic other wrestlers finishing moves. Here's further proof of that.

Could I see it?
Here it is. Here is Austin's profile so you can see his LS.

I don't think this part is usable. The man has a good look at his opponent before throwing the punch.
He still looked incredibly wary and out of it after hitting that forearm smash.

Pretty much copied/stole the main move of his opponent and used it against him
If it helps this is treated as a special ability not all superstars are inherently capable of in the 2K Games, though they technically are not canon to the mainline universe they have extreme parallels and the only real difference is the sandbox nature of the games

If it helps this is treated as a special ability not all superstars are inherently capable of in the 2K Games, though they technically are not canon to the mainline universe they have extreme parallels and the only real difference is the sandbox nature of the games
In WWE games, there is a Payback ability called "Move Thief" where you can 'steal' your opponents' finishing move.

He still looked incredibly wary and out of it after hitting that forearm smash.
I mean, so does many other battle fiction that get tired after a long fight/action showdowns but we don't qualify Instinctive Reactions from that.

In WWE games, there is a Payback ability called "Move Thief" where you can 'steal' your opponents' finishing move.
Lets not composite but interesting to note.

Thank you, this appears to look ok. Likely would fit winning a bodybuilding competition.

The Spear is Bobby Lashley's finishing move. Wrestlers have shown to mimic other wrestlers finishing moves. Here's further proof of that.
Ok. Would work better organized as blog to link on profiles for explanation (just an idea) than a thread but then thats fine.

Was the guy knocked out or something?
Eh, it's hard to tell if he was knocked out.

I'll try my best to explain this: Wrestlers try their best to make moves and/or feats seem legit. Copying abilities, using pure instincts to fight, and much more don't seem like all that when watching, but the feats are supposed to made as legit.

Theory clearly looked like he wasn't aware of what was going on before and after he striked his opponent. He looked dazed.

Lets not composite but interesting to note
Well technically the games are somewhere in the mainline cosmology, as they are constantly referenced in the proper show.

Granted in the shows the games are treated as, well, games, and the games themselves have a possibly infinite multiverse, so, either a 4th wall break or R>F transcendence over an infinite multiverse for wrestlers, I’d probably be willing to bet on the former...

WWE games aren't canon to the actual WWE verse, but it would be nice to have profiles of them.
Don’t the commentators sometimes say “he’s out here doing it so easy it’s like he’s playing WWE 2KXX” or something along those lines? Also Mainline WWE is probably floating about somewhere in that Woken Matt Hardy Multiverse

If it wasn't for the statements I'd probably throw out the reaction thing.

Lifting strength needs a better reasoning imo.

Martial Arts Power Mimicry seems alright for the context of the WWE KayFabe.

No I get what he would scale to, I mean the listed reasoning for Class 5 isn't enough.
Well, he did win a Bodybuilding challenge at the age of 17, and he's likely gotten even more fit since then (he's a professional wrestler after all).

Also, Theory had a pose down with the likes of Bobby Lashley, the latter being able to fight on par with Brock Lesnar, who's known for decimating his opponents with his sheer strength (LS).

Theory lost the pose down, so he should downscale from Class 25 (the peak of the verse in LS), and he should end up being Class 5.

I'm fine with power mimicry so long as it's made clear it's for martial arts techniques.
The instinctive reaction seems fine too based on the statements.

I'll remain neutral on the lifting strength since its reasonings dig deeper than I am invested.

No I get what he would scale to, I mean the listed reasoning for Class 5 isn't enough.
Pretty much the WWE scaling chain goes that anyone who is anyone gets at least Class 5 as those are the lower tiered LS feats of the strongmen, and most have at some point through one scaling chain or another briefly matched or at least contended with them/those comparable

Well, unfortunately, the fandom is blocked on my laptop, so I can't add these to Theory's profile.

So, can someone add them for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Back