• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So, not too big of a revision, more of a minor one. Audrey II just seemed to miss some key abilities here.

Absorption: I mean doesn't the thing literally suck on Seymour's finger as a juvenile? Not to mention that Audrey II's main shtick is to grow larger and stronger by sucking up blood.
Large Size: I think it should be less of a definitive Large Size and more of an eventual Large Size, especially given Audrey's need to feed and grow. Last we've seen of Audrey II itself, it was a Large Size Type 0. The director's cut ending plants are the Type 1 Large Size plants.

Along with that, there are things I'm uncertain about.

Accelerated Development: I mean Audrey's thing doesn't exactly fit the wiki's definition, but if I read about elephants right, they take 14-15 years to grow into fully-mature elephants. Audrey... I dunno how long it took for Audrey to become an adult, but it seemed to be fairly quick. It biologically would be defined as Accelerated Development, but I don't think it applies to the WIKI'S definition of it.
Duplication: Many Audrey copies filled store shelves, allowing Audrey to take over the world seemingly, but I dunno if Audrey created those himself, or if he had other Audreys come onto Earth (I mean Audrey is an alien, so he would've had some means to contact others of his kind). It's really only a Possibly deal.

So yeah, there's that.

I haven't watched the movie but I agree with what I'm seeing. Are there any links, scans or screenshots you could provide?

I haven't watched the movie but I agree with what I'm seeing. Are there any links, scans or screenshots you could provide?
Well, for Absorption, I'm pretty sure that's Audrey's main deal throughout the movie, considering he feeds off blood and grows in size because of it. That could've just been his more juvenile state though as he shifted in diet from blood to meat. As for his Large Size, well, here's the clip for the Type 0 Large Size argument:

As for Type 1, well, the profile doesn't provide a source link, but I believe this is what the wiki was supposed to reference:

(The "possibly" rating for Duplication comes from the fact that it was only hinted at, starting in 0:48)

Can't find anything on a timeframe for Audrey's growth, so I really can't comment on the possibly rating in "Accelerated Development." He did develop human speech quite quickly given this is Audrey in his fourth stage (out of eight from what I got from the Little Shop of Horrors wiki):

I mean doesn't the thing literally suck on Seymour's finger as a juvenile?

Eating/digesting does not necessarily equal absorption.

Large Size is fine, as is Duplication. Accelerated Development? Maybe.

Eating/digesting does not necessarily equal absorption.

Large Size is fine, as is Duplication. Accelerated Development? Maybe.
I'm personally on the fence when it comes to Accelerated Development myself, I mean I haven't watched the movie itself, so like I said I wouldn't know the time frame of Audrey's growth.

I don't think Audrey 2s eating should result in Absorption.

The Duplication and Large Size seem fine.

I also think Accelerated Development should be fine, as it looks to be a matter of months at most for Audrey to get to a very large size, so that should fit well enough.

I'm still not so sure about Accelerated Development.

Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to.

If we're comparing Audrey 2 to just any other plant, then yeah, I guess...

It should be listed as Passive:

Passive: The character can train by doing either nothing in particular, only everyday activities or things that he can constantly do at the side during everyday life.

And only physical stats, since it isn't implied to get any more intelligent or gain new abilities.

Yes, it would be limited if added. But for lack of better options, I feel it should be noted.

Okay, I think an agreement has been made to add in clarifications for Large Size and add Duplication. Accelerated Development, people even myself are on the fence about, but Kieran's idea to put it in as "limited" seems acceptable for now.

Back