• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack Potency of Natural Lightning Revision

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
It has come to my attention that the attack potency of natural lightning is 1.6 billion joules, which isn't 8-C+. The issue now is that some of our profiles on the wiki scale to the old calculation, which was 5 billion joules.

I suggest we change any and all profiles that have used the old calculation to 8-C just to be accurate.

This seems fine to me. You will need to find the inaccurately scaled profiles though, which is easier said than done.

On second though, if you can find the old calculation, and then use the "What links here" option, that should be a big help.

We actually stopped using lightning as an 8-C durability feat in general a long time ago, something to do with people getting struck by a bolt of lightning not tanking the full energy that the bolt produces

Yes, but I think that we still use it for attack potency.

I think in those cases the humans are on the ground and not in mid-air.

What do you mean?

WeeklyBattles said:
We actually stopped using lightning as an 8-C durability feat in general a long time ago, something to do with people getting struck by a bolt of lightning not tanking the full energy that the bolt produces
I'm talking about characters who use natural lightning as a means of attack. They would get the full AP of the lightning.

Antvasima said:
What do you mean?
I mean that those people are usually standing on the ground and not in mid-air to take the full bolt, and the bolt's already travelled too far to make any meaningful damage. And last I remember wet and bruised skin has less electrical resistance.

What about bolts that are taken at arm's length tho? Like Volgin, for example, who actually uses electricity as a means to attack?

Last edited:
I think that DontTalkDT checked it up.

Yes, but we should generally not scale durability to withstanding it, since it mostly passes right through a body. It does not transit its entire energy.

Back