• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asriel, The Absolute GOD of HyperDeath VS Yawgmoth, Father of Machines and Lord of the Wastes

2e91cb72082ebfab0fa78f2eb427cd64
"Your life will end here, in a world where no one remembers you..."

YQ7UouE
"You will worship him, as everyone did"

VERSUS

ASRIEL, THE GOD OF HYPERDEATH, has travelled to many worlds in order to find a perfect opponent. One faithful day, he found what could be his greatest opponent he will ever face. A being even far above the likes of Frisk. And that being is called Yawgmoth, Father of Machines and Lord of the Wastes.

Seems like a stalemate but I dunno...

Im just gonna wait for expert debaters like Azathoth to see this thread and eventually comment on it

for now its

3 stalemates

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This is a tough one. Asriel vs Bolas was inconclusive, and Yawgmoth is definitely Bolas level. I'm leaning towards stalemate.
Theoretically, wouldn't Yawgmoth's death cloud be able to kill Asriel? Considering how it can kill Planeswalkers (Beings of pure energy and willpower) as well as Phyrexians, who don't technically exist at all?

The Everlasting said:
Theoretically, wouldn't Yawgmoth's death cloud be able to kill Asriel? Considering how it can kill Planeswalkers (Beings of pure energy and willpower) as well as Phyrexians, who don't technically exist at all?
Doubtful, unless Asriel was in physical form for an extended period of time, or something. Yawg's death cloud form still needed something to make contact with, IIRC.

Yawgmoth, with incredibly high diff.

Considering how powerful he was, and how he could defeat Planeswalkers (That can fite with Bolas), I'm leaning towards him. Not a great explanation, but I can't really come up with something better.

Oh, i accidentally made a copy of this thread, but yawgmoth was spelled wrong XD

I will find a way to get rid of the thread i made XD

now, anyways, i'm leaning toward yawgmoth here, via deathcloud and nigh - omnipresence

I would say Asriel. I simply don't see how he can bypass SAVE+LOAD which Asriel could use if the fight ever went the wrong way for him. Maybe there is and I didn't pick up on it, but now my vote is for Asriel.

Tenebricite said:
I would say Asriel. I simply don't see how he can bypass SAVE+LOAD which Asriel could use if the fight ever went the wrong way for him. Maybe there is and I didn't pick up on it, but now my vote is for Asriel.
true, but Asriel has no way of killing yawgmoth whatsoever. he has no access to white mana, which you need to kill yawgmoth

plus, he could've save+load with frisk when she was calling for the souls, so not always.

he would be toying with yawgmoth so much, yawgmoth would get him offguard with the deathcloud and the amount of things he can manipulate

• reads date* whoops...
i need to learn to stop bumping threads

Doge and pupper said:
Tenebricite said:
true, but Asriel has no way of killing yawgmoth whatsoever. he has no access to white mana, which you need to kill yawgmoth
plus, he could've save+load with frisk when she was calling for the souls, so not always.

he would be toying with yawgmoth so much, yawgmoth would get him offguard with the deathcloud and the amount of things he can manipulate

• reads date* whoops...
i need to learn to stop bumping threads
Frisk never called for the souls to rebel against Asriel. Only against Omega Flowey. Although he/she did call out to his/her friend's souls, Asriel was still able to keep them in captivity with ease. It's also unlikely that Asriel would toy with Yawgmoth nearly as much as he did with Frisk. Remember, Asriel saw Frisk as Chara, who he remembered to be one of his favorite people in the his life. Although his face didn't show it in Phase 1 of the fight, it's extremely likely Asriel was restraining himself against "Chara" not purely because he felt like toying (although that is likely part of it as well) but also because Chara was his greatest friend in the past. This was the belief that Frisk was later able to exploit and bring out fully later in the fight.

Oh.

in this case, i think Yawgmoth would still win, but the battle would last for eons.

asriel has no way whatsoever to kill yawgmoth, because he needs white mana, which asriel has no access to.

yawgmoth would find a way to make a plague so deadly that it would kill azzi before he could save or load save + load

again, i never played ut, i know how the characters work, but i don't know the minor events like azzi not getting napst's soul until recently.

Doge and pupper said:
Oh.
in this case, i think Yawgmoth would still win, but the battle would last for eons.

asriel has no way whatsoever to kill yawgmoth, because he needs white mana, which asriel has no access to.

yawgmoth would find a way to make a plague so deadly that it would kill azzi before he could save or load save + load

again, i never played ut, i know how the characters work, but i don't know the minor events like azzi not getting napst's soul until recently.
Exactly how powerful are Yawgmoth's plagues? I have a hard time believing he could stir up something to beat Asriel.

Doge and pupper said:
strong enough to kill phrexians, which technically don't exist
I'm not quite sure how to accurately predict how these plagues will affect AD. But I'm inclined to say they won't be too severe for him to take on, as Asriel is generally immune to things like this (but then again, I'm not completely sure about these plagues) . Also, if the battle would go on for eons, you have to consider it won't be impossible for someone like Asriel to acess yawg's timeline and gather info about his weakness, and, after much time, gather what he needs to defeat him. This is assuming none of Asriel's other attacks wouldn't work on Yawg, which in itself is a risky assumption to make.

asriel has 0 acess to yawg's weakness

you need white mana, which, asriel doesn't have

sure, asriel can cut yawg's mana source, but that won't kill him, and by the time he learns, yawg will already have a disease that can kill asriel

Asriel has infinite defense that can prevent most of things that put asriel's in harm's way, and there most physical attacks would be useless

but, if plagues don't work, yawg can mind torture asriel, (which the infinite def will not prevent, 99.9% sure) like he did on urza, and that lets yawg inside asriel, able to kill all the monster souls he has.

sure, the original six won't be killed by yawg, but yawg's mind torture can really put asriel in a bad state, and i can totally imagine asriel begging to make it stop, then yawg could demand that asriel goes back into non-god form, allowing asriel to be vurnerable to yawg

Doge and pupper said:
asriel has 0 acess to yawg's weakness
you need white mana, which, asriel doesn't have

sure, asriel can cut yawg's mana source, but that won't kill him, and by the time he learns, yawg will already have a disease that can kill asriel

Asriel has infinite defense that can prevent most of things that put asriel's in harm's way, and there most physical attacks would be useless

but, if plagues don't work, yawg can mind torture asriel, (which the infinite def will not prevent, 99.9% sure) like he did on urza, and that lets yawg inside asriel, able to kill all the monster souls he has.

sure, the original six won't be killed by yawg, but yawg's mind torture can really put asriel in a bad state, and i can totally imagine asriel begging to make it stop, then yawg could demand that asriel goes back into non-god form, allowing asriel to be vurnerable to yawg
I honestly don't think this matters too much now that this thread is old and the user inactive, but Asriel's willpower isn't anything to take lightly so he would likely just load his save file when Yawg began to use this technique. Power Null is also going to weaken Yawg at least by a considerable amount. Not only that, Asriel can SAVE his game when he's got the advantage. Kind of a vague thing to say, I know, but it'll still be rlly useful for Asriel.

Even if yawg did make his way into Asriel's mind Asriel would more likely reach for his save file than give in to the mind control. I don't believe yawg can get past SAVE and LOAD.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
Asriel can't win (reasons above) so this is likely inconclusive
You have to take into account that in an "inclonclusive" scenario, it wouldn't be impossible for Asriel to learn about Yawg's weakness and gather white mana from the appropriate timeline.

Back