• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aslan 1-B Downgrade

I'm also not convinced of Aslan 1-A, which relies on some vague claims that propel it unreasonably high for such a low base. However, it also seems to me that it should not be 3-A. (but in the end I'm going to stay on an already well exaggerated Low 1-A)

First of all, the whole theological discourse based on hypostatic union and trinity is extremely flimsy, far-fetched, and completely off-topic: even if it were true since the Emperor is not used to scaling Aslan it is useless. It should be removed.

Then the "chapters that are getting better and better" have no relation to any scaling and should also be removed.

The real argument is the onion skin worlds. From what has been said it would seem that "more real" is sufficient to determine a higher dimensional existence. This is of course a mistake: if one were rigorous one would not rely on such obscure statements, but so be it. Consequently I would have put 2-A for the worlds and Low 1-C for Aslan but again whatever. Let's go for High 1-B for worlds.

In any case: I don't think we should make a distinction between "Aslan's mountain" and "Aslan's country". All this is based on a short sentence saying that the country is "on top of the mountain". To make a distinction and even more so a transcendence from one to the other is quite gratuitous. We are talking about mountainS that are very clearly identified as part of the country of Aslan. A country that contains all the "real worlds" in the form of the said mountains, from which all the "less real" worlds emerge. Therefore Aslan and his country should be Low 1-A.

In any case: I don't think we should make a distinction between "Aslan's mountain" and "Aslan's country". All this is based on a short sentence saying that the country is "on top of the mountain". To make a distinction and even more so a transcendence from one to the other is quite gratuitous. We are talking about mountainS that are very clearly identified as part of the country of Aslan. A country that contains all the "real worlds" in the form of the said mountains, from which all the "less real" worlds emerge. Therefore Aslan and his country should be Low 1-A.
Narnia worlds aren't infinite (number of worlds), so wouldn't Aslan be 1-B?

How big are those "Narnia countries"?
The size doesn't matter for R>F transcendence and they're just countries. Aslan's country was stated to be exists at the top of a mountain.

Last edited:
The onion skin worlds (although I find this justification light) have a priori no limits so it would be High 1-B.
It was stated that A world within A world and new narnia > old narnia, also new narnia seems to be the baseline layer. Onion layer analogy is bit difficult to explain, but never said infinite, imo hierarchy goes downwards not upwards.

As far as we can see, the latter is not the case here so the rating stays.
It does change its rating ,because there should be proof infinite layers can be added.

Narnia world (world within worlds) being infinite was debunked above. Each chapter being greater than other and goes on forever scan is out of context as explained in the post.

Narnia world (world within worlds) being infinite was debunked above.
You not debunk anything, and there are no staff that agree with this thread, all staff is disagree, also almost all member that coment is disagree. So i dont know why this thread even not being closed yet

I surprised this thread still active
Ikr
It does change its rating ,because there should be proof infinite layers can be added.

Narnia world (world within worlds) being infinite was debunked above. Each chapter being greater than other and goes on forever scan is out of context as explained in the post.
Regardless, don't change the profiles until you have staff agreements.

Emperor Over the Sea and Aslan's Country are already 1-B to High 1-B established cosmologies At bare minimum. Wood Between Worlds is a Low 1-C structure and is merely a smaller circle within a much larger circle and there are stated to be countless dimensional barriers to between that and Aslan's country. The metaphors mention an "Infinite chapters of there existing "Countless smaller circles within a Larger Circle with countless of those larger circles within an even larger circle" until it ends with Aslan's country at the top.

And given High 1-B stuff, Everything12 already brought up other things to justify 1-A things.

And given High 1-B stuff, Everything12 already brought up other things to justify 1-A things.
I don't agree with High 1-B. 1-B is fine. Last quote from last chapter is completely irrelevant for Narnia world being countless or infinite. There are only multiple worlds which is 1-B. It was referred to the adventures of Aslan with children.

1-A justification isn't valid because of the changes of 1-A jump. DT said there should be evidence inifnite layers can be added just simply existing outside of it isn't enough.

Can you tag other staff to clarify that?

Note that, in order to jump to 1-A this way, it does not suffice that adding one or several layers/dimensions makes no difference to the character in question. That much could be true even if the character only has one level of qualitative superiority to the constructs, as then they would all appear to have zero / infinitely small size to them. It has to be clear in some fashion that even if an infinite or unlimited number of dimensions/layers are added or removed it would make no difference to the character. The same applies to similarily large jumps in other tiers, like from 1-A to 1-A+ etc.

Last edited:
The infinite chapters are about the adventures the cast goes on, not about about the worlds.

No. The infinite chapter is about their adventure to the higher or more real narnia

This, what i quote is chapter 15, that explain about real narnia, and what you quote is chapter 16 it say about they journey is already ascend to the higher and real narnia, and that journey will go forever that mean there are infinitely layer of narnia

It is not just about journey, but about journey and the structure in narnia verse
Yeah not agree with this

"More real" it self is enough proof for higher existance

Plus it have statement about plato's theory of form, that the lower world is just a shadow from higher world. It clear the meaning about "more real" in this. So it very very not make sense for downgrade it to 3A
“The Eagle is right,” said the Lord Digory. “Listen, Peter. When Aslan said you could never go back to Narnia, he meant the Narnia you were thinking of. But that was not the real Narnia. That had a beginning and an end. It was only a shadow or a copy of the real Narnia which has always been here and always will be here: just as our own world, England and all, is only a shadow or copy of something in Aslan’s real world. You need not mourn over Narnia, Lucy. All of the old Narnia that mattered, all the dear creatures, have been drawn into the real Narnia through the Door. And of course it is different; as different as a real thing is from a shadow or as waking life is from a dream.” His voice stirred everyone like a trumpet as he spoke these words: but when he added under his breath “It’s all in Plato, all in Plato: bless me, what do they teach them at these schools!” the older ones laughed. It was so exactly like the sort of thing they had heard him say long ago in that other world where his beard was gray instead of golden. He knew why they were laughing and joined in the laugh himself. But very quickly they all became grave again: for, as you know, there is a kind of happiness and wonder that makes you serious. It is too good to waste on jokes.
It is as hard to explain how this sunlit land was different from the old Narnia as it would be to tell you how the fruits of that country taste. Perhaps you will get some idea of it if you think like this. You may have been in a room in which there was a window that looked out on a lovely bay of the sea or a green valley that wound away among mountains. And in the wall of that room opposite to the window there may have been a looking-glass. And as you turned away from the window you suddenly caught sight of that sea or that valley, all over again, in the looking-glass. And the sea in the mirror, or the valley in the mirror, were in one sense just the same as the real ones: yet at the same time they were somehow different —deeper, more wonderful, more like places in a story: in a story you have never heard but very much want to know. The difference between the old Narnia and the new Narnia was like that. The new one was a deeper country: every rock and flower and blade of grass looked as if it meant more. I can’t describe it any better than that: if you ever get there you will know what I mean.

I think i already explain all things above

There are no downgrade hierarchy like what OP say, because the structure is not descending

And about the 1A, i already say the mountain is add more layer, but aslan country is in peak of that mountain
No, your point is compare narnia context to marvel context. That is totaly different, narnia have R>F superiority, and marvel just have world in atom that is not will get higher existance by default

Are you even read the CRT??? The mountain of aslan is describe as tower higher than the world (layer), no matter you go up, you cant reach the top, it is never ending tower, its why the mountain is just accept as low 1A because that just add more layer. And the top of the mountain is aslan's country, is above the mountain it self. No matter you add more layer (go up) you cant reach the top, aslan's country is already completely above the layer, it above the infinite tower of mountain, yeah its also mean higher infinite and qualitative superiority to the layer or dimensional structure it self

So what your problem??? If narnia above is more real than narnia below, then its mean higher existance

No. The infinite chapter is about their adventure to the higher or more real narnia
That's what I said. The infinite chapter is about their adventures in the new narnia.
This, what i quote is chapter 15, that explain about real narnia, and what you quote is chapter 16 it say about they journey is already ascend to the higher and real narnia, and that journey will go forever that mean there are infinitely layer of narnia
That's faulty interpretation. The chapters motif is about the all the adventures they will have. It's can't be used as evidence for there being infinite layers of Narnia. Each chapter isn't a new layer.

And about the 1A, i already say the mountain is add more layer, but aslan country is in peak of that mountain
Structure has unknown amount of layers and Aslan's country existing beyond it, isn't remotely close to justify Tier 1-A. It's pretty obvious. I heavily doubt that old narnia worlds exist lower than equiverse.

Existing beyond hierarchy just simply add one level of transcendence.

That's faulty interpretation. The chapters motif is about the all the adventures they will have. It's can't be used as evidence for there being infinite layers of Narnia. Each chapter isn't a new layer.
No, big context of chapter that 16 is, their adventure is just end in narnia, but they have new adventure in higher narnia. As aslan stated they adventure in lower narnia or in cover page is just like dream, and then they ascend to the higher narnia that are beginning chapter 1. The title page is everything in lower narnia narnia and the chapter 1 is the higher narnia it self

"Of course, Daughter of Eve," said the Faun. "The further up and the further in you go, the bigger everything gets. The inside is larger than the outside."

Lucy looked hard at the garden and saw that it was not really a garden but a whole world, with its own rivers and woods and sea and mountains. But they were not strange: she knew them all.

"I see," she said. "This is still Narnia, and more real and more beautiful then the Narnia down below, just as it was more real and more beautiful than the Narnia outside the stable door! I see... world within world, Narnia within Narnia..."

"Yes," said Mr Tumnus, "like an onion: except that as you go in and in, each circle is larger than the last."
"There was a real railway accident," said Aslan softly. "Your father and mother and all of you are - as you used to call it in the Shadowlands - dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."

And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read; which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before.

Structure has unknown amount of layers and Aslan's country existing beyond it, isn't remotely close to justify Tier 1-A. It's pretty obvious. I heavily doubt that old narnia worlds exist lower than equiverse.

Existing beyond hierarchy just simply add one level of transcendence.
If aslan country is already beyond the structure, it isnt a matter if it structure have unknown amout of layers, fate have 1A rating but they jusy have 7-8 dimensionality

And narnia verse is have infinite layer plus more from the mointain, and aslan country is beyond that structure

And where you got existing beyond the hierarchy it self is just one level of transcendence???
If it beyond the hierarchy then no matter big or higher the hierarchy it self it cannot affect it

No, big context of chapter that 16 is, their adventure is just end in narnia, but they have new adventure in higher narnia. As aslan stated they adventure in lower narnia or in cover page is just like dream, and then they ascend to the higher narnia that are beginning chapter 1. The title page is everything in lower narnia narnia and the chapter 1 is the higher narnia it self
Yes, I know. They start a new adventure in New Narnia, but the Aslan page, makes it seem as though the infinite chapters is reference to the layers of Narnia, which is not the case.

If aslan country is already beyond the structure, it isnt a matter if it structure have unknown amout of layers, fate have 1A rating but they jusy have 7-8 dimensionality
There is a revision ongoing for fate now I guess since 1-A requirements have changed now.

And narnia verse is have infinite layer plus more from the mointain, and aslan country is beyond that structure
It's your interpretation of the last paragraph I don't see it that way.

And where you got existing beyond the hierarchy it self is just one level of transcendence???
I know, this isn't about dimensions but much similar case, (on R>F)
As a result, it is not at all feasible to take any statements involving a character existing "beyond dimensions" at face value, as this would lead to extremely inflated ratings largely dependent on No-Limits Fallacies. Therefore, such descriptors are to be evaluated while taking into account the number of dimensions which the verse has been shown to entertain; for example, a character stated to exist above physical dimensions in relation to a 4-dimensional cosmology would be Low 1-C with no further context.

There is a revision ongoing for fate now I guess since 1-A requirements have changed now.

It's your interpretation of the last paragraph I don't see it that way.

I know, this isn't about dimensions but much similar case, (on R>F)
No, there are no, just a revision for the dimensionality but it already over and not succes, there are no revision about the 1A

No.. it is the context of last chapter of narnia

Just stated beyond dimension is very vague, the term dimension it self is vague, even if it already stated beyond dimension we not necessary give it higher dimension

It different when you have a hierarchy and then you completely beyond that

Back