• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ashnard needs minor fixes and additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Ashnard

1) Minor grammar corrections.

2) Get rid of the "Wyvern rider" classification: Rajaion, as stated below in his profile, is a Dragon laguz (in other words, not a wyvern, this is relevant in the setting). Ashnard is not riding a wyvern (like, say, Jill and Haar), he is a "Dragon rider".

3) I dont get the Statitistics Amplification via Gurgurant, I thought we reduced that to game mechanics (like the random boost in defense from Ragnell). Was gurgurant stated to amp Ashnard?

4) If Im not mistaken, he should have a blessed armor in his standard equipment section.

5) In weaknesses I'd personally add: Overconfident, focuses only in strength in order to rate people leading to anyone strong enough to infiltrate his ranks.

And possibly weakness to electricity and dragonslaying objects for rajaion unless he was protected by a blessed armor.

6)In intelligence: whathealreadyhas + manipulative and treacherous (plotted to kill all the royal family to become king, used his own son as bait to capture rajaion and turn him into his slave).

7) Breath Attack: Rajaion, like any other Dragon feralis should be able to use this attack.

8) Resistance to Mind/Madness Manipulation (wasn't affected by the medallion's energy, which can drive normal humans mad by just touching it).

Edit: small thingy, Idk if we could add that Ahshnard is likely in his late thirties/early forties (given that he ascended to the throne 18 years before PoR). Rajaion is at least hundreds of years old.

Agreed, but in-game boosts should remain, just as long as they're considered unquantifiable

Although, Gurgurant doesn't give any stat boosts anyways, so it should just be removed

I thought that in-game boosts were game mechanics tbh unless they came from a special ability.

Although yeah, gurgurant does not amp Ashnard in any way.

I think we should consider boosts as "they're slightly above average" in whatever stat, so that they shouldn't play a huge part in anything, and then we still have the boosts for indexing purposes

In weaknesses I'd personally add: Overconfident, focuses only in strength in order to rate people leading to anyone strong enough to infiltrate his ranks.

In intelligence: whathealreadyhas + manipulative and treacherous (plotted to kill all the royal family to become king, used his own son as bait to capture rajaion and turn him into his slave).

Is rajaion wearing a blessed armor? If not, we could add that he is weak to electricity and dragon-slaying artifacts.

And to his powers and abilities: breath attack. There is no reason for rajaion to not be able to use the basic dragon attack that other dragon feralis have shown.

I will edit the OP.

It doesn't really appear that Rajaion has armor, but I gotta say, it might just be tomes that have anti-Laguz properties, given as the elemental spirits don't deal effective damage (of course, that could just be gameplay mechanics)

JustSomeWeirdo said:
It doesn't really appear that Rajaion has armor, but I gotta say, it might just be tomes that have anti-Laguz properties, given as the elemental spirits don't deal effective damage (of course, that could just be gameplay mechanics)
Its probably just gameplay mechanics, if the spirits dealt effective damage any Laguz would die as soon as the battle started since they can teleport everywhere (leading to your laguzs receiving attacks from up to 8 spirits at once).

@Everyone

I need clarification on the context behind Ashnard's second key as I didnt end my second run in PoR.

If Ashnard kept his sanity after absorbing the medallion's energy he should have resistance to mind manipulation (Greil went mad after just touching it). If he did become a berserk, we should put it under his weakness and intelligence.

I didnt know we had Madness manipulation lol

Also: >Mad King

>Resistance to Madness manipulation.

The irony.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

I agree with most of those, but Ashnard doesn't have weakness to electricity; of course that's because of Blessed Armor. The Black Knight doesn't have weakness to Armor slaying weapons, so Ashnard doesn't have the same weaknesses as Dragon Laguz. The rest seems good though.

@DDM the weakness goes to his mount (aka Rajaion), the armor isnt protecting the dragon after all. For all intends and purposes he can be knocked down from rajaion if the dragon is heavily injured.

I've played it 17 times or more actually. Most characters with Armor slayers still don't give him more than 0 damage. Anyway, that's still game mechanics because only Ike with Ragnell and the Laguz Kings are canonically able to harm him.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I've played it 17 times or more actually. Most characters with Armor slayers still don't give him more than 0 damage. Anyway, that's still game mechanics because only Ike with Ragnell and the Laguz Kings are canonically able to harm him.
Didnt you know that you could, like, 2-shot him with a hammer during the final battle?

I will stop derailing. Anyway, as I said before, the weakness goes to rajaion, who is also participating with Ashnard in any battle.

Wouldn't Ashnard typically be his lightning rod, at least cloud to ground lightning. I'm okay with Rajaion having the weakness though.

Ashnard cant redirect the electricty anywhere, tho. The thunderbolt would pass through Ashnard (without doing any harm) directly to Rajaion. Or maybe not, its pretty vague, maybe it'd dispell any electricity. I don't know.

I guess there is enough support to implement these changes. We'll leave it as Madness Manipulation, just to be more accurate.

1) Correction of the grammatical mistakes.

2) Wivern rider ==> Dragon rider.

3) No statistics amp via gurgurant.

4) Standard equip: Blessed armor.

5) Weakness: Overconfident, trusts people according to their strength, allowing anyone strong enough to infiltrate his ranks. Rajaion is specially vulnerable to electricity and dragonslaying objects.

6) Intelligence addition: what's in the Op.

7) Breath attack.

8) Resistance to madness manipulation.

Edit: about his age, I believe we could say he is in his late thirties/ early forties, but its minor.

Have the changes been applied, and if so, should we close this thread?

I have made the changes, but I want Pachi to double check them before we close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back