• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ashen One vs Callidus Assassin

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
These conditions are pretty specific, so buckle up.

Both 8-B, Ashen One is in NG+7 so don't spend the thread arguing over exactly when items are attained in a Dark Souls game.

Ashen One is invading, meaning that their death results in them being banished to their own world. As such, they don't auto stomp due to rez. Also means neither begins with line of sight or anything, the Callidus only knows someone is coming for them and the Ashen One only has the regular invader tools to find the Callidus. The Callidus has been invaded just after an assassination that took place on The Dreadnaught, for whatever reason. Luckily only fodder hive happen to be there so while there is some interference, the match isn't gonna be ruined by Oryx, the Taken King.

This is what shall be made avalible to the Ashen One:

Callidus has her normal stuff. Both will be within a mile of the other, but as already stated have to find the other/hide/whatever first. Speed equalized, who wins and why?

Ashen One:

Callidus Assassi:

Inconclusive:

I'm pretty sure you're breaking multiple rules when it comes to the Ashen one's layout and ng+ isn't canon and cann't be used

I'm not really sure what rules I'm breaking, and NG+ isn't even the only way to get that shit super early into the game. Its fine.

I believe it would be under restraining abilities, also soul stream, twin princes greatsword, and demon scar sure as hell aren't 8-B

Ashen One can only hold up to 6 (7 due to RKPS but you know what I mean) as is, and I've specified equipment before and that's fine. The stuff is seemingly only as strong as the user anyways.

Demon scar is literally the soul of 4-C demons that doesn't scale to 8-B Ashen one (It's like saying the 8-B monster hunter has elder dragon gear)

What with it being a melee weapon/conduit for the spellcaster, I don't think it really has its own power so much as it is that of the wielder, like any other sort of melee weapon would be.

Wokistan said:
What with it being a melee weapon/conduit for the spellcaster, I don't think it really has its own power so much as it is that of the wielder, like any other sort of melee weapon would be.
The reason why transformed weapons lore wise are powerful is because the souls that were used also this is like giving the beginning game monster hunter end game equipment. The equipment scales, and he doesn't even have it anyways. Also just Incase you missed it I'm voting Assassin for its hilarious skill advantage

I recommend changing the princes sword to the hollowSlayer it's a better weapon anyways and it's 8-B (also sorry for being rude, but demon scar requires the Ashen one to be 4-C to get and is nonsensical for the 8-B version to have (it isn't even that good of a weapon on top of that))

Sorry for being rude earlier. I'm going to make a thread about new game + and game progress because I've noticed a few characters in situations like this that annoys me.

With dark souls in particular, NG+ may be fine. Things change in progressive NG cycles beyond difficulty, after all. Remember in DS2 how the only way to get a few weapons is killing bosses in NG+, and how those weapons elaborate on the lore? NG+ Doesn't really contradict the idea of an endlessly wandering individual lost in the convoluted strains of time either, and Dark Souls doesn't exactly have a heavy handed canon or whatevber.

I just made a thread about game progression. Dark souls 3 ng+ definitely isn't canon but dark souls 2 is pretty meta when in comes to that so I'll bring that up in the thread.

I'm... not certain about this one.

Under the assumption that this match isn't 100% bunk due to restrictions and weird things on Ashen One, what does homeboy have? Callidus, I mean.

Wokistan said:
With dark souls in particular, NG+ may be fine. Things change in progressive NG cycles beyond difficulty, after all. Remember in DS2 how the only way to get a few weapons is killing bosses in NG+, and how those weapons elaborate on the lore? NG+ Doesn't really contradict the idea of an endlessly wandering individual lost in the convoluted strains of time either, and Dark Souls doesn't exactly have a heavy handed canon or whatevber.
Dark Souls 2 is the exception, not the standard. Since it was made by a completely different guy and is generally separated from the other lore of the game.

"(Callidus Assassins are able to absorb and analyze genetic material through mere touch)"

yet no absorption.

DS1 also has stuff change on NG+. 3 is actually the odd one out here. Specifying equipment's never been banned either.

The Callidus's sword negates durability, their neural shredder fries brains, she can shapeshift really well, and assassins have great skill feats.

Idk if the invasion scenario thing is really allowed myself, but if its not I just won't add the match and have it be more for fun.

Yeah, I was surprised this wasn't fun and games when I read it honestly. Anyways the Assassin outskills (I assume since the Ashen One scales to things that have been alive and fight for thousands of years but I think warframe 40000 is in the ten thousands), and one shots with their sword

Wokistan said:
DS1 also has stuff change on NG+. 3 is actually the odd one out here. Specifying equipment's never been banned either.
The Callidus's sword negates durability, their neural shredder fries brains, she can shapeshift really well, and assassins have great skill feats.
DS1 stuff isn't canon AFAIK, just changes in enemy spawn points and stuff so players can keep playing with purpose

Callidus doesn't scale to Kharn for skill feats, though. Assassins are impressive don't get me wrong, but an average callidus wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Ok that's what I've been wondering, hmm Ashen One can defeat SoC which is the souls of two countries worth of soldiers and even mid game Can fight patches who has been around for thousands of years, but I don't know if that's more skilled or not

Back