• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Williams vs Frank West (GRACE)

GojiBoyForever said:
I think he means which gun?
Probably a machine gun or the Holey Terror. They're the deadliest guns at his disposal. Actually you can probably argue he's use the Ion Cannon too.

Jackythejack said:
Thankfully frank has more guns than his sniper rifle.

Including a pistol, a revolver, a machine gun, a chain ice gun, a matter destroying gun, a flamethrower, an ice thrower, among other things. He's not gonna pull out a sniper rifle on a dude who's 40 meters away
Half of these things Frank requires preparation for.

I don't recall Frank always having those weapons with him by default. He always has to pick up most of the stuff that he uses before crafting which needs prep

His exo suit upgrades are not standard but his combo weapons should be.

Even then Frank still has way better guns than Ash even if we ignore combo weapons. I'm just saying he has more variety. I'm not saying he'll pull out an ice chain gun. Probably like LMG or something.

That's nice that he has variety, but Ash still has something that can just finish it. If Frank West, who looks like a normal human, survives a shot from Ash's boomstick. Then Ash is most likely going to assume he's like Ruby who has immortality since she looks human but isn't and just use the dagger.

And he's gonna run forty meters to stab frank with a dagger before frank cuts him down with an LMG? That's absurd and anyone can understand that.

They start in the range of Ash's shotgun, which means that he's going to have to run and dodge bullets for a long distance before he can just stab Frank, and Frank won't just let that happen because he has way too many weapons that could stop Ash from doing that.

Lemme just list what frank has more of.

Better versatility, better intelligence, Better AP, Better durability, better range, better guns, better weapons. It's that simple. Frank excels I'm just about every category and your argument is that Ash is gonna run up to him and stab him?

frank deals with people who do that on the daily! He just guns them down. Frank has fought Vietnam vets when they had the element of surprise for goodness sakes. This dude isn't gonna be a problem for him when Frank also likely has the better experience.

Only you're forgetting Ash has to stab him once and it doesn't have to be a deep stab either. You're forgetting that these characters are faster than your average people, so this distance won't be much. Ash is going to take some damage sure, but that won't invalidate Ash to not get a single hit. You act as if this isn't Ash's first time fighting people who specifically try avoid not getting hit when he often fights Deadites as they know their weak to it. As for experience. Sure, I'll give it to Frank for having to fight a variety but I doubt his experience is going to not let him get hit once. I literally can't see why Ash isn't able to stab Frank a single time with the dagger. Speed is equalized, sure it might take time but he's going to get hit eventually.

Because they start fort meters apart from each other and Frank has the power to one shot him if he hits Ash anywhere in the head or in the chest. One bullet is gonna effect him pretty damn hard, and that's ignoring the ten or more bullets that are going to follow shortly after.

Also frank can just back away as Ash tries to get close. If speed is equal, they can do that. Hell, or he can just pull out a rocket launcher and just blast at the ground close to them before Ash gets the chance to stab him.

Also we've already established that using the dagger is OOC either way earlier in the thread by some different user. By the time he decides to use the dagger he's gonna have a couple bullets in him, and Frank should have a decent enough AP advantage to dish some real damage from only a couple of bullets.

Ash can't handle having several LMG bullets in his head and chest.

Frank does not have access to anything beyond a handgun without preparation, please, lets be realistic.

Also we cant pick and choose what's out of character yet accept it for the other, Frank in the first game had told us that he never fired a gun at a person so pardon me for being skeptical if we are going to assume that he's going to be loaded to the teeth without preparation to fight a normal guy. I could easily say that Ash summons the Kandarian Demon because he has the book and you know, did it to kickstart the show.

Abstractions said:
Frank does not have access to anything beyond a handgun without preparation, please, lets be realistic.

Also we cant pick and choose what's out of character yet accept it for the other, Frank in the first game had told us that he never fired a gun at a person so pardon me for being skeptical if we are going to assume that he's going to be loaded to the teeth without preparation to fight a normal guy. I could easily say that Ash summons the Kandarian Demon because he has the book and you know, did it to kickstart the show.
Except, you know, there's Dead Rising 4 Frank who has fired guns at people a lot and is a veteran survivor of the zombie apocalypse. It's still going to be terribly unlikely ash can close that distance without Frank just shooting him to death.

Also saying that frank wouldn't have access to anything but a handgun is a bit absurd. People such as Terrarrian and The Player from Minecraft have basically every item they can get their hands on as Standard Equipment

Also we literally had a supporter of the verse, Torlikoff, say that Ash would be more likely to use his boomstick first if he's at a distance. Frank would also use a gun if he's at a distance, if we want to go that far. Why? Because he's shown preferences for guns before. Obviously he'll take any weapon he can get but he's shown a preference for guns, so odds are they're both going to pull out guns and frank will have the superior weapon.

Also lemme just state that, yes, frank would be armed to the teeth to fight a normal guy. Have you seen the psychopaths in dead Rising? They take sniper bullets like they're nothing and it's actually recommended to take really damn good weapons into psychopath battles because of how resilient they are. Frank always get some geared up to fight normal people. Even some weirdo in a Santa Claus outfit.

Moritzva said:
What does Frank have.
As far as we know everything in his standard equipment. Hell we could ignore combo weapons if you want. His basic weapons should be more than enough.

I'll say. It can be really hard to predict what people like Frank will have cause they can have just about anything. But he at the very least, obviously wouldn't be using something like fodder weapons like lamps and vases.

That's limits the Exo suit, But still a massive arsenal. Hard to say what he will have on him. But it can be fair to assume he is carrying some sort of gun or ranged weapon most of the time. And at the bear minimum. Should carry some standard melee combos as showing his love for them

I'm pretty sure he'd have a heavy duty gun on him. In DR4 you come across assault rifles like they're scraps of paper. I'm not even joking. If we're assuming all of his 9-B weapons like implied...he's gonna use a gun on a guy forty meters away.

I've already explained why Ash using the dagger is NOT out of character. Do people just ignore that? Ash fights Deadites 90%, so him seeing a human survive a shot gun is going to make him think he's similar to Ruby, who looks like a human but has supernatural powers. Ruby is the only character Ash has seen that will casually survive his Boomstick, while looking like a human. So yes, Ash will be using the dagger. And because both characters are, again, faster than your average people. Starting distance will be irrelevant.

I won't doubt Ash might get damaged, but there's no reason to assume why he can't dodge bullets. He can dodge his own boomstick shots, and keep up with Deadites who can do the same and outrun/keep up with automatic gunfire. And as stated above, so far it seems really skeptical that Frank would even have this equipment from the start.

Ah yes so we can only assume that frank has the bare minimum of weapons at his side. In fact let's just say that frank is completely unarmed! That makes the most sense, clearly.

Look, the OP says that Frank hasn't his 9-B weapons. That's that. He has all his 9-B weapons, by that logic. Hell, let me ignore the range of the boomstick for a second because that's not the highest part of his range. The highest part of his range is the Winchester rifle. So they start farther apart actually. More of a distance for ash to run. Ash can only clear like, 12 meters per second so that's not going to end well for him for him when he wastes some few precious seconds he has shooting his gun.

The OP straight up says Frank has 9-B weapons so I don't understand why we wouldn't assume he has all his guns on him. If they start at rifle range like they should considering that's...a gun that's Ash has and they start in Ash's way, there's no way Ash can run that distance. And that's assuming that Frank just doesn't move the whole time which in itself is a stretch.

Besides a dagger is gonna pale in comparison to half of Frank's weapons anyways in reach. His melee weapons themselves outrange the dagger, and he has so many ways to slip up ash on his way to running over to him that it's not even funny.

Also ash could maybe dodge some bullets but there's no way he's gonna be doing that forever, and the guns in Dead Rising have a lot of ammo.

And I haven't even talked about the topic of just shooting Ash with an RPG, which can oneshot several zombies comparable to Frank.

So...yeah, they actually start at farther range because that's what the OP says, and Frank has 9-B weapons on him which we can only assume means all of his weaponry that qualifies for the tier. If you have a problem with that, ask the OP, but that's what he said and ignoring that is absurd on its own.

It's not 4-4. 4-5

Ash = 5

Frank = 4

After the votes for sash was at 2. Ionliosite, Ce221808, and Headless votes for Ash. Making it 5

I don't think anyone aside from DatOneWeeb voted for Ash before he announced the score...

Autocorrect can be such a bitch.

Back