• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Williams Missing Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash Williams (Evil Dead) should have the following abilities on his profile :

Low Regeneration : in the first Evil Dead, Ash Has the flesh ripped from his leg but is fine in the second movie (which takes place in less than a day after the first film) he's even able to run, moments after he cut his hand of, his stump stopped bleeding, In Ash Vs Evil Dead he was able to quickly recover from the damage that Eligos did to his Brain and his Neurons, Also his leg seemed to be fine after this, not to mention that most of the damage that he sustained in the course of the first 2 films is healed by the beginning of the 3rd film (which takes place in less than 2 days after the 1st one)

Supernatural Willpower : Ash was able to survive nearly 2 days in the cabin, resisting extreme physical and mental torture, he was able to strangle a possessed Kelly even when unconscious, was able to resist possession and he was also able to resist Baal's attempt to control his mind.

Instinctive Reaction : Killed Eligos (a demon who could teleport) without thinking

Minor Body Control : Could reshape his skull after being inhumanly stretched

Resistance to :

Dream Manipulation : Prevented Eligos from controlling his dream

Mind Manipulation : Baal A demon capable of controlling anyone's mind, couldn't control Ash's mind, even after alot of mind games, as seen in the episode Delusion

Possession : was the only one in the franchise to become human again after being possessed through Sheer Willpower

Heat Temperatures : was able to drink a teapot full of boiling water twice

Pain : Gets constantly beaten by Deadites, crashes his car and hits his head on the ground but keeps running, cuts his own hand with a chainsaw and is not demonstrating any signs of pain just moments later (and I’m sure he didn’t use any type of anesthetic), he pierced his own leg with a scissor, and simply shrugged off, while fighting against Baal, Ash have his hand cut off again, and not only he jokes about it, but he also continues to fight against Baal

Last edited:
usually the wiki doesnt like to give people low regen for stuff like that but I think it might work here

Mhmm, everything but the regeneration looks fine to me, and I always interpreted the events of the first film retconned by the second (unless Ash really likes girls named Linda and brought the second one back to the cabin for whatever reason)

I have been meaning to give him possession resistance because well, it would be given granted what he did in the second film and just how the Deadites work.

Last edited:
Mhmm, everything but the regeneration looks fine to me, and I always interpreted the events of the first film retconned by the second (unless Ash really likes girls name Linda and brought the second one back to the cabin for whatever reason)

I have been meaning to give him possession resistance because well, it would be given granted what he did in the second film and just how the Deadites work.
Thanks for replying man, i understand your point about the regen, but the first film wasn't retconned by the second one, what happened was that Sam Raimi didn't hold the rights of his own movie (Evil Dead 1981) so he decided to do a recap of the events of the first film which is the first 7 minutes of Evil Dead 2. If you ignore the first 7 minutes of Evil Dead 2, it becomes pretty clear that is indeed a sequel Here's Ash himself explaining. Putting that aside, i think that low regen for Ash is pretty solid, even in the Ash vs Evil Dead series, we've seen him recovering injuries that would take days to heal.

Thanks for replying man, i understand your point about the regen, but the first film wasn't retconned by the second one, what happened was that Sam Raimi didn't hold the rights of his own movie (Evil Dead 1981) so he decided to do a recap of the events of the first film which is the first 7 minutes of Evil Dead 2. If you ignore the first 7 minutes of Evil Dead 2, it becomes pretty clear that is indeed a sequel Here's Ash himself explaining. Putting that aside, i think that low regen for Ash is pretty solid, even in the Ash vs Evil Dead series, we've seen him recovering injuries that would take days to heal.
Oooh, that makes much more sense then, I've always been big on Evil Dead (having made the page got the Deadites) but I never quite understood why the second play out so strangely in the beginning despite the explanation, also with the fact Ash was a total wimp before the second film so that's also a big change.

We are trying to avoid giving Low regeneration for overtime things like that though, and I think there's also the factor of him just being really tolerant of pain so the wounds don't bother him as we'd expect.

Oooh, that makes much more sense then, I've always been big on Evil Dead (having made the page got the Deadites) but I never quite understood why the second play out so strangely in the beginning despite the explanation, also with the fact Ash was a total wimp before the second film so that's also a big change.

We are trying to avoid giving Low regeneration for overtime things like that though, and I think there's also the factor of him just being really tolerant of pain so the wounds don't bother him as we'd expect.
You are the one that made the page for the Deadites !? thats great, thanks again for the input, and the explanation for Ash being a wimp in the first one and becoming a complete badass in 3rd one, well that was part of his character development, in the first move was the first time he had to deal with it something supernatural, so it's understandable why he was afraid, but after several encounters with deadites he lost his fear. All of this is is well explained here

While i agree that him being really pain tolerant plays a part on this we can cleary see in the Henrietta fight that his leg was not that injuried any more, also what are the requirements for having low regen ?

Last edited:
While i agree that him being really pain tolerant plays a part on this we can cleary see in the Henrietta fight that his leg was not that injuried any more, also what are the requirements for having low regen ?
Well, this could be a factor of a production error, which wouldn't be entirely unbelievable as the injury to the leg happened in the first film, so the transition over to the second may have been simply forgotten.

Well, we'd preferably have to see the regeneration or have it acknowledged, or at least more obvious for it to apply, I never interpreted Ash's injuries as ones he regenerated from in the films and I don't think the Sam Raimi intended for such.

Well, this could be a factor of a production error, which wouldn't be entirely unbelievable as the injury to the leg happened in the first film, so the transition over to the second may have been simply forgotten.
Ash's pants were ripped in the same place though

Well, we'd preferably have to see the regeneration or have it acknowledged, or at least more obvious for it to apply, I never interpreted Ash's injuries as ones he regenerated from in the films and I don't think the Sam Raimi intended for such.
Well in Evil Dead 2 just moments after he cut his hand of, his stump stopped bleeding

Ash's pants were ripped in the same place though
Different shoots on different days may result in the makeup not being done on the leg and whatnot, whereas wearing the same clothing that was ripped wouldn't be difficult because it's still tangibly there.

I wouldn't put it past Sam Raimi because he did make Ash fire a double barrel three times without reloading for rule of cool.

He still wraps up his stump with the intent to stop it from bleeding, it's not like the cuts on his face disappear either, which logically should have if we are going down this route.

Different shoots on different days may result in the makeup not being done on the leg and whatnot, whereas wearing the same clothing that was ripped wouldn't be difficult because it's still tangibly there.
Still, the result is the same, it leaves the impression that Ash recovered from the injury

I wouldn't put it past Sam Raimi because he did make Ash fire a double barrel three times without reloading for rule of cool.
Can't argue against that Lol
He still wraps up his stump with the intent to stop it from bleeding, it's not like the cuts on his face disappear either, which logically should have if we are going down this route.
Yeah but even before wrapping his hand we do not see any signs of blood, and even after wrapping up his hand we never see any blood stain on his rag. I would argue that the cuts on his face look like dried blood, but i guess it's open for interpretation, anyway thanks for sharing your opinion man

No problem, like I said, I agree with everything else. Just the regeneration is iffy.

So in my view
  • Low Regen is fine, but, I think it'd be better if we either spell out its not super combat relatable and we bring in more examples from the STARS series.
  • Body control seems weird to me. Since couldn't that just be him resisting or overcoming the effects of the Necronomicon?

So in my view
  • Low Regen is fine, but, I think it'd be better if we either spell out its not super combat relatable and we bring in more examples from the STARS series.
Ok
  • Body control seems weird to me. Since couldn't that just be him resisting or overcoming the effects of the Necronomicon?
being the effects of the Necronomicon or not, his skull was stretched nonetheless, and Ash made it back to normal somehow.

Mhmm. I think Qawsedf just wants to iron out the description for the Low regen before applying that.

Yeah. Like adding more reasonings to it besides the opening for Evil Dead 2.

Late to this but:

Supernatural Willpower looks good

Instinctive Reaction looks good

Limited Body Control looks good

All resistances look good

Regeneration seems to be the most controversial thing in the thread. If it was applied, I'd say that Qawsed's mentioning of how it's not exactly combat applicable should be mentioned. Either way, good finds overall

Late to this but:

Supernatural Willpower looks good

Instinctive Reaction looks good

Limited Body Control looks good

All resistances look good

Regeneration seems to be the most controversial thing in the thread. If it was applied, I'd say that Qawsed's mentioning of how it's not exactly combat applicable should be mentioned. Either way, good finds overall
Ok. Thanks for helping out man.

What Abstractions and Qawsedf23 have accepted can probably be applied.

Okay. They probably need to reach an agreement in that regard then.

You can apply the rest that they accepted in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back