• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ASDF Profile Recreation

So recently went through the asdf series again as well as going through some of the arguments against the profiles mainly the series doesn't have continuity but the series actually does usually in the form of running gags a good example is the "Die Potato" joke it starts by the man stepping and killing the potato, it then adds upon that by having the tables turn with the potato pulling a gun say "Not today" which that quote implies that this is in reference to the last time the man steps on him, it then reaches its climax where the "I Like Trains Kid" (This is his canon name and is even still called this when he was an adult) runs him over by summoning a train.

a good amount of jokes often rely on running gags throughout the series which shows that there is continuity another example is this one. the joke is that this man has had enough of mine turtles due to how often characters will step on one and then explode subverting our expectations for the punchline of this short which is pretty often a lot of asdf's comedy relies on subverting our expectations and there's a good amount of recurring character that will often use this principle of comedy in order to add more to their sketch in order to not make it stale or the viewer would get bored which adds a bit of canon and shows us that these shorts are connected in one world and not something like each individual short is in its own continuity which doesn't appear to be the case

Yeah probably we'd need some new calcs that the randoms scale to and most likely the trains kid would scale to as well also we'd probably need the ok to go forward and recreate the profiles if we can sort out the problems with the previous profiles

Thanks :) anyway we probably need some calcs related to the I like trains kid he should be able to scale to the numerous randoms in the series since he isn’t portrayed as weak or strong so he should be comparable and the trains are most likely building level due to them being able to level buildings and even a space station once

His durability would also most likely be building due to being able to tank hits from these trains

Mine Turtle can have a profile for his Monster Legends counterpart. Should scale to Dream since they're both mythic, so 8-A.

Mine Turtle can have a profile for his Monster Legends counterpart. Should scale to Dream since they're both mythic, so 8-A.
Sure that doesn’t seem uncontroversial at all but for that I think that should be taken to a different thread since this one is talking about a series with a bit more controversy on this site

While running jokes do create a sense of continuity, I'm unsure if that's enough to justify the existence of a concrete plot.

There's also the example of the Llama in the car. IIRC, there's a scene where a scientist explains how he taught a Llama to drive, only for it to drive off a cliff. Later on, the Llama falls on someone in an unrelated gag. I guess that's supporting evidence that all the shorts exist within the same universe?

While running jokes do create a sense of continuity, I'm unsure if that's enough to justify the existence of a concrete plot.

There's also the example of the Llama in the car. IIRC, there's a scene where a scientist explains how he taught a Llama to drive, only for it to drive off a cliff. Later on, the Llama falls on someone in an unrelated gag. I guess that's supporting evidence that all the shorts exist within the same universe?
that's fair but I think there is something notable here where Tomska states "something has changed he has learned to control his powers he even smiles" which to me seems like these jokes exist in the same universe

Massive bump/necro but i really want to see ASDF make a return in some way, the staff think it's just a gag/comedy verse when in reality it fits on the website because characters like Big Chungus and Crazy Frog exist on the wiki for some reason, so i don't see why ASDF shouldn't be on the wiki.

I started to make a blog profile for the asdf guy, but vs battles wiki doesn't allow composite profiles anymore.

iirc I Like Trains kid should have wall level to large building level durability due to constantly tanking trains and somehow tanking a plane crash.

Although i think the profile should be called Ryan instead of i like trains kid, since that's his actual name.

Although i think the profile should be called Ryan instead of i like trains kid, since that's his actual name.
He is more known as the ILT kid and what he is often referred to outside of canon but it can probably be noted under the “name” section

He is more known as the ILT kid and what he is often referred to outside of canon but it can probably be noted under the “name” section
Making a blog profile for him, idk if he should have superhuman physical characteristics or not, since he's basically a normal human.

A normal human who consistently survives being slammed by his own trains
Yeah, your right i'll add it.

I'm pretty sure it would be allowed since asdfmovie is a internet comedy verse, sure it doesn't have a story but it's a gag verse in a sense.

Yeah, your right i'll add it.

I'm pretty sure it would be allowed since asdfmovie is an internet comedy verse, sure it doesn't have a story but it's a gag verse in a sense.
There isn’t a story but more a world and verse surrounding it described as such by people like Tomska himself

type 4 immortality should go, there's no evidence that the trains kill him, it also contradicts his durability rating
also the dura rating is without a calc but that's whatever
he should only have summoning to cover him summoning trains and planes, probability manip can go
varying sizes of the trains is questionable justification for size manipulation, he probably just summons trains of different sizes
idk about planetary range either, doesn't seem to have a justification
toon force doesn't have a justification
stamina has no justification
otherwise good profile

Back