• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Art the Clown (Terrifier) Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Introduction
I'm bored, and I feel like doing more stuff here, so why not.

Just like with my Pennywise thread (Fun fact: This was originally going to be a revision on the IT Miniseries, but indexing that version of Pennywise is such a drag because of how boring it is. Also don't ask me to go over the original book, the cosmology nerds can handle that), last year I did some off-site powerscaling for Art the Clown, and since it is Halloween (As I am typing this), I might as well do something.

Here is the rewrite, and here is the current page.

If you are at all squeamish to gore, don't click any of the links. Trust me, there is hardly a scene where Art isn't either horrifically mutilating someone, or is covered in blood.

Notable Changes
Outside of a general face up, and changing some iffy stats, there are two changes worth talking about.

No Hallows' Eve
I was conflicted on whether or not I should include that version of Art the Clown to this revision, but I decided not to, because of how drastically different Art is in those movies (I.E. Showing a lot of supernatural powers that he doesn't show in Terrifier or Terrifier 2). Plus I wasn't able to find any source saying that they're canon.

We can discuss this here, and if someone can show a source proving that the movie is canon to the Terrifier films, I'll add another key to the profile (Although if you ask me, it being its own profile would be a better idea).

The "Sinister Entity"
What this is referring to is the little girl we see in Terrifier 2. For some reason, the profile seems to think she is a hallucination to Art, which just isn't true. We frequently see her interact with other characters, even mimicking the voice of Jonathan to lure in Sienna. We even see her after Art himself dies, so she can't be some sort of hallucination, either to Art the Clown, or created by Art the Clown (She also just explains all the weird shit that goes on inside the movie. It is a supernatural demon child that is directly acknowledged to on the official DVD for Terrifier 2).

As for why her abilities are listed on this profile, she follows Art the Clown and regularly benefits him with her powers, even playing on the action, like when she nearly drowned Sienna in a water tank. So she definitely would be a factor to consider in any Vs Threads Art is part of.

That's it, cya.

Votes
Agree: Deidalius, Tllmbrg, Serlock_Holmes, GojiBoyForever, Roachman40, ZeedKZ, ThePrimalHunter, TheShape03, ShionAH, XxZetsuxX, Dark-Carioca, LephyrTheRevanchist

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Looks good, although for the stealth mastery I'd remove the wording of "Like other famous slashers" since it's just padding
Also you're not suppose to bold the words in the range section

As the guy behind the last big Terrifier CRT, it looks good. 3 quick things though

1: Would we have to remove Art's 2 matches or do you think that we could keep them afte this revision?

2: Art does repeatetly move faster than regular people throughout the series, as he outruns plenty of them & moves around buildings faster than regular people can, so I think Athletic Human is reasonable

3: I'm iffy on Dream Manipulation. Unless it's stated in the movie that it's Art directly influencing her to dream about him, then I don't think he should have it. I've had a dream about Dwayne Johnson before. Does that mean that Dwayne has dream manipulation? No it doesn't. Also, earlier in the movie, her brother was talking about Art the Clown and his killings, so her having a nightmare about him is entirely possible. So unless something in the film directly states/implies that Art was forcing her to have a dream about him, then he shouldn't have dream manipulation, or he should only have "Possible Dream Manipulation" if it's only implied

Everything else looks good though

1: Would we have to remove Art's 2 matches or do you think that we could keep them afte this revision?
We would have to remove them, I believe.
2: Art does repeatetly move faster than regular people throughout the series, as he outruns plenty of them & moves around buildings faster than regular people can, so I think Athletic Human is reasonable
If you can provide some scans of this so I can add them to the profile, then fine.

3: I'm iffy on Dream Manipulation. Unless it's stated in the movie that it's Art directly influencing her to dream about him, then I don't think he should have it. I've had a dream about Dwayne Johnson before. Does that mean that Dwayne has dream manipulation? No it doesn't. Also, earlier in the movie, her brother was talking about Art the Clown and his killings, so her having a nightmare about him is entirely possible. So unless something in the film directly states/implies that Art was forcing her to have a dream about him, then he shouldn't have dream manipulation, or he should only have "Possible Dream Manipulation" if it's only implied
Touche.

Destroying something with punches or kicks does not count as Lifting Strength, so the skull feat would only work for AP and SS, being a 3000 Joules feat. Also, what happened to Class 5 Art for ripping off a woman's arm? The rest of the things look good.

I thought it made sense to have it there, because I thought stomping stuff like that can play into LS.

Also, what happened to Class 5 Art for ripping off a woman's arm?
I was iffy on it, because Art broke her arm at the elbow before actually ripping it off there. We see him twisting it back and worth several times.

I agree with all of this

But i wanted to ask a question

I saw somewhere that people that Art attacks don't die when he is attacking, They only die when Art attacks the brain of the target, Is that true?

Also whats the spatial manip reasoning?

What does she have for that?

Also i feel like his frightful presence can be aura or fear inducement and seperate his reputation to Social Influence

Also whats the spatial manip reasoning?
Same reasoning why she has Reality Warping. Being able to create rooms out of nothing.

Also i feel like his frightful presence can be aura or fear inducement and seperate his reputation to Social Influence
Simply scaring people isn't enough to warrant Fear Inducement. The fear must be inflicted through supernatural means (Which it isn't, in the case of Art the Clown), as said on our Fear Manipulation page. Aura is also an ability that only covers supernatural effects.

Same reasoning why she has Reality Warping. Being able to create rooms out of nothing.
Thanks again for clarifying me (y)
Simply scaring people isn't enough to warrant Fear Inducement. The fear must be inflicted through supernatural means (Which it isn't, in the case of Art the Clown), as said on our Fear Manipulation page. Aura is also an ability that only covers supernatural effects.
He can drive people insane and make them be traumatized based on your reasoning

Art is most likely a supernatural being to boot, Him having fear manip and possibly madness manip is not impossible

Limited is fine too

This is just my opinion (y)

There's this too;

Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity

He can drive people to insanity and traumatize them

"Completely traumatized Victoria, and even drove her insane to the point she loved him. "

I don't think Social influence covers this

"While it does not usually seem combat applicable, this skill can be used in many ways that can affect a fight indirectly, including buying time, obtaining information that could be important, or manipulating how a person might approach a situation."

Last edited:
Looks good, although for the stealth mastery I'd remove the wording of "Like other famous slashers" since it's just padding
Also you're not suppose to bold the words in the range section
Agreed

"Completely traumatized Victoria, and even drove her insane to the point she loved him. "

I don't think Social influence covers this

"While it does not usually seem combat applicable, this skill can be used in many ways that can affect a fight indirectly, including buying time, obtaining information that could be important, or manipulating how a person might approach a situation."
Key word there, usually

Seems agreeable.

One question, though:
I was conflicted on whether or not I should include that version of Art the Clown to this revision, but I decided not to, because of how drastically different Art is in those movies (I.E. Showing a lot of supernatural powers that he doesn't show in Terrifier or Terrifier 2).
So will the Art of All Hallows Eve get his own page? If he has more powers that seems like it'd make sense for him to have a profile of his own.

I think I remember the director saying something in an interview about how terrified 1 and 2 are supposed to be prequels to all Hallows Eve Art, with Terrifier 1 being Art as a human, 2 having him be possessed by the entity (little girl) and all Hallows Eve being basically Art fully as a demonic entity but that I heard that ages ago so take it with a massive grain of salt

Also as per the dream manip he probably has some form of it as he was attempting to kill her with fire which is how her bedroom caught on fire, the only thing that saved her was her dad's sword, that and how the Clown Cafe song makes it into reality and other people are humming it and stuff and it has reflections to reality throughout the film, with even her being transported back to that dream location when she is being drowned

I think I remember the director saying something in an interview about how terrified 1 and 2 are supposed to be prequels to all Hallows Eve Art, with Terrifier 1 being Art as a human, 2 having him be possessed by the entity (little girl) and all Hallows Eve being basically Art fully as a demonic entity but that I heard that ages ago so take it with a massive grain of salt
I see.

If you can find it, then we can keep the All Hallows' Eve key.

The people that have agreed to the CRT so far are;

• Deidalius
  • Tllmbrg
  • Serlock_Holme
  • GojiBoyForever
  • Roachman40
  • ZeedKZ
  • ThePrimalHunter
  • TheShape03
  • ShionAH
  • XxZetsuxX
  • Dark-Carioca
  • LephyTheRevanchist

Anyone missing, any agreements that I might not have seen?

References should be added to the scans. Aside from that, the revamp looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back