• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy Revises Random Old Games Pt. 5 - Mischief Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Today, I bring you all Mischief Makers, a 2D platformer developed by Treasure! You may know them for their work on Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy, or a bit more recently, Wario World or Sin & Punishment. Or McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, I guess. Or... Bleach: Dark Souls?

Look, point is they've made a lot of games, but this one flew under the radar a bit. Treasure was firmly on SEGA's side during the 16-bit console wars (with Gunstar Heroes and Dynamite Headdy being rightfully heralded as some of the platform's best games. I still have to play DH but GH is amazing and absolutely worth the time), but they made games for all competitors in the 3D era. Most of them, Mischief Makers included, didn't see too much success unfortunately, perhaps because they were still 2D games in an era where that was considered outdated. Shame, MM is a quirky, unusual 2D platformer with some really neat ideas, and it might very well be one of the N64's best 2D platformers (cause there ain't that many).

Anyhoo, here's the reworked profile. Pretty stacked for such a short, simple game. I should mention that it is 8-A off upscaling from an 8-B+ calculation: I think this is fair as it reaches over 90% of baseline 8-A already, and it was performed by Marina on Prof Theo, who she wouldn't want to actually harm (it's just a classic anime """"gag""""), and he indeed isn't harmed. He gets overpowered and kidnapped by fodder monsters who Marina is obviously stronger than, so, yknow.

Note that I have yet to add references, I forgot that I hadn't done that yet but eh it won't take much

Oh also, at the bottom of the page I have added a default version of the P&A, this is my first profile that I think might benefit from the bullet point list format. I'd like opinions on which looks better (preferably from people who have no strong biases one way or the other), since I think this may be the uncommon profile that gains from it

mischief makers
starwars-obi-wan.gif

Looks aight, castle feat RKE might be tier 7 tho.

i don't wanna twist the knife but i had no idea it even had a notable cult following

anyway thanks i would do castle rke but i have no idea how to rke : )

i don't wanna twist the knife but i had no idea it even had a notable cult following
i̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵a̵n̵ ̵o̵l̵d̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵f̵u̵c̵k̵ ̵w̵e̵e̵b̵ ̵g̵a̵m̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵e̵r̵e̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵y̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵g̵i̵r̵l̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵ ̵h̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵o̵p̵,̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵c̵o̵u̵r̵s̵e̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵h̵a̵d̵ ̵a̵ ̵c̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵f̵o̵l̵l̵o̵w̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵

i̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵a̵n̵ ̵o̵l̵d̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵f̵u̵c̵k̵ ̵w̵e̵e̵b̵ ̵g̵a̵m̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵e̵r̵e̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵y̵ ̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵g̵i̵r̵l̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵ ̵h̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵a̵n̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵o̵p̵,̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵c̵o̵u̵r̵s̵e̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵h̵a̵d̵ ̵a̵ ̵c̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵f̵o̵l̵l̵o̵w̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵
good point

I like the bullet point format tbh.
o̵d̵d̵l̵y̵ ̵e̵n̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵h̵e̵r̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵,̵ ̵m̵a̵y̵b̵e̵ ̵i̵f̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵a̵ ̵s̵c̵r̵o̵l̵l̵b̵o̵x̵,̵ ̵b̵u̵t̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵m̵e̵ ̵i̵m̵o̵
b̵u̵l̵l̵e̵t̵p̵o̵i̵n̵t̵+̵s̵c̵r̵o̵l̵l̵b̵o̵x̵ ̵I̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵w̵h̵e̵n̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵r̵e̵'̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵b̵u̵n̵c̵h̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵a̵b̵i̵l̵i̵t̵i̵e̵s̵,̵ ̵m̵a̵k̵e̵s̵ ̵r̵e̵a̵d̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵m̵ ̵l̵e̵s̵s̵ ̵d̵i̵f̵f̵i̵c̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵d̵u̵e̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵s̵c̵r̵o̵l̵l̵b̵o̵x̵,̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵i̵n̵f̵l̵a̵t̵e̵ ̵p̵a̵g̵e̵ ̵l̵e̵n̵g̵t̵h̵.̵ ̵s̵h̵e̵ ̵o̵n̵l̵y̵ ̵h̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵f̵e̵w̵ ̵s̵o̵ ̵i̵m̵ ̵a̵c̵t̵u̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵n̵e̵u̵t̵r̵a̵l̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵w̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵s̵h̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵u̵s̵e̵

Did you do that intentionally just to piss people off?
i just thought it'd work here

Personally I think bullet point usually doesn't work cause there's either too many abilities with little explaining or just not much P&A, but eh sometimes

hate the scrollboxes personally

It seems fine. It is wise for you to revise verses which has only one work first since works more than one would have difficulty in determining canon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back