• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arkham Series Batman Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
On two separate occasions, Batman reacts to RPGs after they are fired. Here's the first occasio (skip to 6:38) and the second (skip to 33:55) These feats look like they should put him at a higher speed than Peak Human. Possibly Subsonic? Any input would be appreciated. This should also scale to a decent number of other characters from the Arkham Series.

The feat looks fine to me.

I don't have a speed for the grenade launcher used in the game, but I can use the speed of RPG-7 grenade launcher, it's close enough I think.

According to Wikipedia, the muzzle velocity (the speed of the projectile leaving the weapon) for RPG-7 is 115 m/s, while the speed the projectile gains in flight after 10 meters of distance, is ~300 m/s.

Judging by the screenshot below, the distance to me looks less than 10 meters, so I think applying the 115 m/s would be appropriate. That would put Batman, and anyone who scales to him, to Subsonic speed.

Yes, you can go ahead and do that. Please remember to edit the pages with Source Editor and according to the formats already in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back