• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are untranslated chapters an acceptable source for power calculations?

EDIT: I thought this would appear for the Vandaleu page which is where I clicked to post this, but it wound up under a different forum heading. So, adding the clarification here.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/397/

The narration in the latest untranslated chapter of the series finally gives another benchmark for Van's power scaling after 9 books worth of growing power. It is stated that, if he (Van) were to use the same crude non-directional death magic attack that the villain in this scene was using, the result would be that he (van) would wipe out all life on the plannet.

In other words, it's like the Superman speech how he's always having to hold back his power in order to avoid hurting people he cares about. (We would likely have a more powerful feat before this one if it weren't for him always holding back.)

I don't think this is planetary level due to the fact that it's an instant-death energy attack that only kills living things rarther than destroy the plannet itself, but this has got to figure in for some kind of rise in his power rating.

(BTW: In this same scene, Van is splitting his soul manifestation. A small fragment with all his memories named Banda is helping out the others in this scene. Meanwhile, his main soul is a deformed blob that has formed a 1 KM radius dome over the area in order to hold back the death shockwave attacks that the villain is throwing out. This villain has about 1/450 the power Van has in his full power state, but these death shockwaves are thought to be potentially continent killers if Van was not holding them back. Also, Van is in a severely weakened state in this scene due to lack of access to his physical body which is currently on an entirely different world.)

Not even gonna read all of that 'cause I don't want to be spoilered, but usually untranslated stuff isn't considered, as the general public can not properly fact check it (and badly done machine translations are often misleading).

Back