• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are Boundless and Extraversal the same?

So, I was in a Mario vs Sonic Discord debate. I was supporting Mario, and he was supporting Sonic. I told him that I use VSBW's tiering system, and he claims it sucks, or "fodder," as he so eloquently put it. He said he uses CSAP for his tiering system, and he said that Sonic is extraversal (Or 1-S), which apparently scales above boundless. I, myself, thought it was made up, because I had never heard of such a term before, so I looked to go see for myself. I pulled up the CSAP tiering system page, only to realize that extraversal had a very similar meaning to boundless on VSBW, just with different wording, so I pulled up VSBW to compare the two, and they look the exact same. (The images uploaded out of order for some reason, so sorry)

Screenshot_20230720-212809.png
Screenshot_20230720-212834.png
image0-1.png
Screenshot_20230720-182414.png
Screenshot_20230720-212737.png

They're different systems. I don't think it makes too much sense to compare them. Especially since there's different standards of evidence, and accepted justifications, on both sites.

Plus, both of them extend arbitrarily upwards, so at some point they'd both cover the same stuff, even if they start differently.

Given the definition as written, I could easily see people as interpreting it as the same, or as different.

They're different systems. I don't think it makes too much sense to compare them. Especially since there's different standards of evidence, and accepted justifications, on both sites.

Plus, both of them extend arbitrarily upwards, so at some point they'd both cover the same stuff, even if they start differently.

Given the definition as written, I could easily see people as interpreting it as the same, or as different.
So basically, they're pretty much the same either way?

I'll seriously explain some comparisons or conceptions people have about this since my last comment got deleted lol.

Boundless and Extraversal are very different.

Reason why is Extraversal is obtained by an infinite series of transcendence that each have an "outerversal transcendence" over the last. On VSBW this would be equivalent to 1-A+.

However on CSAP people have the idea that Extraversal is greater than Boundless due to that boundless still has "dimensional limits" which is technically correct while Extraversal doesn't as it's above outerversal which has no dimensional limits at all.

So basically, they're pretty much the same either way?
No. The systems are fundamentally different in a lot of ways, so it's hard to compare.

If we try to ignore those differences anyway, it depends on how you interpret it. You could say that they're different; that they're trying to set up that Boundless would be level 3, making 0 lower than 1-S. Or you could say that they're the same, as both have it going far above a High 1-A hierarchy. Or you could say that 0 is bigger, since it's above even infinite High 1-A hierarchies, while 1-S is just at the infinity-th step in those hierarchies.

I'll seriously explain some comparisons or conceptions people have about this since my last comment got deleted lol.

Boundless and Extraversal are very different.

Reason why is Extraversal is obtained by an infinite series of transcendence that each have an "outerversal transcendence" over the last. On VSBW this would be equivalent to 1-A+.

However on CSAP people have the idea that Extraversal is greater than Boundless due to that boundless still has "dimensional limits" which is technically correct while Extraversal doesn't as it's above outerversal which has no dimensional limits at all.
Okay, now I get it. However, he still has yet to show proof that Sonic can be scaled to extraversal.

Back