• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkness552

VS Battles
Retired
Would this technically count as probability manipulation even though it is involuntary or would it be a simple case of PIS

Er... I dunno, it sounds more like a subtle acknowledgment of Sonic's Plot Armor as the protagonist.

Nevertheless, it could be a subtle form of Fate or Probability Manipulation like Magnamon's, but due to my lack of interest in the Sonic series, I think we need more input.

This is bound to cause so many NLFs honestly. People would start assuming that Sonic would always win because of Fate and stuff. This is too vague to be added as a concrete ability.

@Saikou it has shown it's limitations and it's not like Sonic with the ability beats everybody in his universe

the two times Mogul was referring to was that in Sonic's presence he was more or less beaten by Tails instead of Sonic himself, Sonic would have never been able to beat Mogul alone

@Reppu

the plot armor reason is why I am skeptic but i believe it is worth asking about it

hmmm seems like fate manipulation to me though more involuntary i think

the more i think about it the more i think the ability would apply but we should still wait for a little more input, I will be back online tomorrow to discuss if there is more to be discussed

I also think that it simply seems to be an acknowledgement of "The Theory Of Narrative Causality"/standard plot armor for most main character protagonists.

@Antvasima even with the reasoning Eggman had as Sonic being a concept? the only issue to the ability is its involuntary nature and him being the main protagonist and i guess the question is does that take precedence over Sonic being an embodiment of chaos

Well, again, most fictional protagonists have this ability, so I am uncertain if it is appropriate to actually list it as a power. Then again Medaka Box has treated this as an actual in-story power...

Back