• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Nedge1000 said:
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Actually, that's the rule regarding type 1 abstracts.
If they can create avatars = that's Mid-Godly as they can keep pumping them out as long as their concept isn't affected.

If they don't = they don't get the Regenerationn.
Sound like Low-Godly
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.
It's not Low-Godly. Chaos Force beings are type 1 abstracts, being one with the Chaos Force concept. That's Mid-Godly.
being one with the Chaos Force concept. could be Type 2 Abstract Existence. Type 2 Abstract Existence is the only that stated Regenerationn to be honest

Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it.

The real cal howard said:
There's a reason we took law manipulation off of Arceus's page. In order to get the power, it has to be more akin to what Madoka does. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This is correct. For example, we don't give every PMMM witch law manipulation based on this:

"When we isolate it from the power that purifies and ascends magic girls, the power that you called 'laws of cycle' then what will happen to the soul gem? The resulting observation is indeed rather fascinating. An isolated dimension was formed with its own independent law that seeks to guide and capture victims from the outside... This match what you have previously explained, the power of a 'witch'. So long as you are protected by the isolation field, then you would not become a full 'witch'. Like a chick who grew up within its own shell. That is why you formed a labryinth within. It's quite shocking that it is fully capable of replicating and reproducing an entire city. This place we are at right now, is a world existing solely within your own soul gem."

"Altering laws" is heavily based on context, in some cases it can be a fancy way to talk about generic reality warping

But Eggman and Wily specifically state that they'd have limits if they tried to do it regularly, but the Super Genesis Wave would ignore that limitation.l and allow them to reshape their universe down to the tiniest details, not just correcting their worlds.

That's not really danmaku. Haven't really seen the other stuff yet though.

Big explosions aren't danmaku.

I also don't see Law Manipulation there, just reality warping.

Rest seems fine.

It could be, yeah, but I dunno. They really did stress the fact that the SGW was amping what Eggman and Wily could regularly be able to do here.

I made a suggestion that we could do something like "Reality Warping (Can be used as Law Manipulation)" as it's a firm middle ground.

Everything here seems to be accepted except for Regenerationn that was brought up a little later in the thread.

Law Manipulation is still being discussed.

Don't listen to Shake Ant, I'm far more trustworthy than him, I mean did you see how much edits I have? Like over a million dood.

ShakeResounding said:
Everything here seems to be accepted except for Regenerationn that was brought up a little later in the thread.

Law Manipulation is still being discussed.
The regen thing seems to be causing confusion for some reason.

Go back to where I originally said that a type 1 abstract gets Mid-Godly if they are able to create avatars but if they don't create avatars, they don't get the Regenerationn.

@HERO Oh, I see how it is ;) lol

@Shadow I'm persinally fine with Mid/Low-Godly (whichever we figure is best for the Avatars), but I guess that's up for further debate.

I'm still firmly sitting by Law Manipulation, and if I explain my reasoning over again, I'll just sound like a broken record at this point. I'm still fine with what I suggested on it, if not flat out Law Manip being listed.

The thing is law manipulation is a more specific sub-power of reality warping, so to put it in Crimson's words, it is "better reality warping."

Though the Mid-Godly thing is minor. Whether or not they have it, it would still take type 2 conceptual manipulation to be able to affect them either way.

MYHERO said:
In the end would law manip really matter that much? I mean it is just a subskill from reality warping.
It's more specific of the potency of the reality warping, as just listing reality warping by itself can be pretty vague.

Again, I suggest something like this.

"Reality Warping (Can be used as Law Manipulation)". Not only does this leave room for any other specific ability that can be listed under Reality Warping that's shown by the Super Forms, but also notes that it's capable of being used in those ways.

Thoughts?

All their powers should be listed,just having concept manipulation does not mean that law manipulation is redundant they are differant things with differant application.

MYHERO said:
@Nedge Well we should still have it on his profile even if it's useful or not.
@Setsuna I am very well aware of that. But what I'm trying to ask is what would law manip be able to do better than concept manip in certain areas? Because the way how Nedge says it, it just seems like a weaker version of concept manip.

law manipulation and concept manipulation are sperate things.The law manipulation part is not a subset of the concept manipulation.The archie charecters concept manipulation is destroying concepts.Concept destruction does not get you law manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back