• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@XSOULOFCINDERX

Not that I remember, he can only do physical damage. Technically Servants are Souls/Spirits, but they are given a physical form.

Servants are also very vulnarable to attacks to the head and the heart, and typically have slow Regenerationn. Which are both problems Scorpion doesen't really have.

Also I don't think he has any way to hit Scorpion while he is Intangible.

Archer also doesen't have resistance to Power Nullification, and the resistance to Curroption is decent, but would likely not work in the Netherrealm, due to the time and permeacy.

I am a Fate fan, but I would have to put the vote towards Scorpion. He is just far more versatile, and is nigh a stomp in the Netherrealm.

Scorpion just has many different ways to counter Archer.

Archer also coulden't fight for days when getting a few hits from Saber, While Scorpion gets seriously injured, the cracking of his bones shown in X-Ray Hits, and keeps on fighting as if it meant nothing.

Also if Archer was brought to Scorpion, it would not be random. But determined by the counter Force that summoned him. Minor detail, its just that he only gets summoned by either the Grail or the Counter Force.

As he would be fighting someone who is not a Servant, it is most likely he is summoned by the Counter Force.

Can't Archer just pop UBW to nullify the netherrealms effects? I'd also argue Archer has durability at least on par with scorpion's due to being able to continue fighting shortly after Lancer's NP partially rips Archer's entire arm off.

Reality marbles by function create a entirely different world and replace it with the existing one, and as Nasu stated its one of the few ways to cut off beings like Arcuied's connection to the planet, it should have a similar effect with Scorpion's connection to the netherworld, at least for as long as UBW is up.

He still can't leave it though.

UBW doesn't move. he is still going to return to that same position in reality

Though he would not be aware of such a thing, nor is he really the type to run away and look for a weakness elsewhere. He would rather examine the weaknesses, predispositions, and style. Which does not exlude an exterior force.

Don't know much about MK outside of whats on Scorpion's Page. Which I only see the mention of a "Soulnado", which can tear him apart on a spiritual level.

Archer also doesen't have Immortality. While Scorpion has Types 1, 2, and 7. Possibly 3 and 4. Not only that, but he has higher Regenerationn. Mid as compared to the Mid-Low of Archer.

UBW is left useless due to him needing to finish the incantation, which he used quite rarely in the VN due to the length of time needed; and Scorpion does not seem like one to give him time to do so.

Harpe is his best chance, but he has rarely showed himself using this, and likely would be less skilled in its use.

He may be lower Tier, but I would still give favour to Scorpion. I have always been somewhat suspisous of all Servants having 7-A. I do feel that Archer, at least in the Main Canon (As in the Main Timeline of Zero, Night, and Ataraxia), doesen't reach such levels.

Overall Scorpion just holds the advantage in versitility and aggresivity. Along with having skills that counter Archer. Scorpion can also, despite having lower durability, can take quite a beating and continue on unflinchingly. Able to continue fighting with an amount of damage that left Archer crippled for days.

Not necessarily, we have multiple cases of Archer using UBW without the full chant even in the visual novel, and even if that wasn't the case saying the chant would take only about a few seconds at most, which I doubt is enough time for scorpion to kill Archer considering this is the guy who managed to kill Berserker 6 times without UBW with just his tactics. As you stated, Scorpion's regen could be negated by anti-regen nps, however scorpion himself has no ways to negate Archer's iirc. As for him being less skilled in harpes use, remember he can mimic the skills of the original wielder as a byproduct of projection. Scorpion also never took the amount of damage Archer did and simply walked it off, Saber injured Archer she cut off his entire arm and scorpion never suffered that level of injury in anything except fatalities.

As for the BFR teleport retreat tactic, has Scorpion ever attempted something like that before? Since the OP specified the fight was in character and I haven't had much experience with the MK franchise, I need some more clarification.

He can pull upon it, but I don't remember any cases of him materializing his Reality Marble. Its been a while anyway.

He can mimic the skill, but he still has preferences and different levels of skill in them. He much prefers, and is better in the use of, Kanshou and Bakuya.

He still could walk off shattered bones, as seen in X-Ray Hits.

You can't negate servant Regen outside of killing them, except with certain NPs. But outside of Avalon and Godhand, servants tend to be quite slow in Regenerationn. Only having Mid-Low in a short period of time. Which is the only thing we can use in a combat scenario.

Scorpion has shown himself to have Mid Level Regenerationn.

I see what you mean, but my view overall still stands.

I also don't have much experience with MK. Mostly going off of profiles and limited experience watching people play. No experience playing myself, just not a fan of the "Gore for Gore's Sake" of it. It is just quite discusting too me. I'm usually fine with gore. MK is just overboard.

I am mostly knowledgable in Fate, and even than it has been awhile. I really need to give Stay Night and Ataraxia another read.

My main fields on this sight are the Nasuverse, Masadaverse, Wheel of Time, and Lovecraft. Limited, but passable, knowledge of When they Cry (Higurashi/Umineko).

Ironically, the only time Archer pops UBW in the entire visual novel is without using the entire chant (the full chant only appears right after the prologue). Archer generally defaults to K&B, but if he sees his enemy can't be defeated with just that due to regen or otherwise, he has no reservations about switching to more appropriate weapons, which is how he managed to kill Berserker multiple times in the first place. Don't forget Archer also has a ton of versatility with the thousands of nps stored in UBW.

Yeah, but here we only count those that are shown. So his thousands won't count. Only those that he is shown to have. Such as Durandal, Rho Aias, K&B, Caledbolge, etc.

I did know that the Full Chant appeared before the prolouge, that I remember clearly.

I know that Archer is way more versatile if you look in general, but in what he used, it is quite limited. Also multiple are Broken Phantasms, which are One Use iirc.

Also Scorpion has more versatility in terms of Magic. Archer is only skilled at Projection. while Scorpion has Teleportation, Clones, BFR, Status Reduction, Pyromancy, Electromancy, Aeromancy, Necromancy, Summoning, Power Nullification, Immortality, and Explosion Manipulation. Along with Intangibility that actually allows him to hurt his opponent.

Herpe is the only (known) thing that has a chance against Scorpion due to his Immortality.

If Scorpion goes Intangible, he pretty much Wins. as he can just charge forward and vaporize Archer's entire midsection.

I see your point Managements, but you do at least see what I mean by what I am saying, right?

Back