• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Arceus trusting humanity isnt a fault, Damos was the one who saved it so its only logical for Arceus to trust him. All pokemon confratiations in the verse involve this kind of scenerio. A pokemon trusting a human who has helped it is very common.

Game doesnt count when Arceus hasnt made any apperance in it at all except for the Sinjoh ruins event. Anime im adressing and idk about the manga

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Seeing as how he is able to create the concept of Knowlegde itself(Uxie) and other concepts. I think that's proof enough of his intellect.
You can have all the knowledge in the world and not be smart enough to use it. Not to mention, Arceus created a Pokemon that represents knowledge, not necessarily knowledge itself.

"When Uxie flew, people gained the ability to solve problems. It was the birth of knowledge."

"When Mesprit flew, people learned the joy and sadness of living. It was the birth of emotions."

"When Azelf flew, people gained the determination to do things. It was the birth of willpower."

"According to some sources, this Pokémon provided people with the intelligence necessary to solve various problems."

Uxie created knowledge, not Arceus.

Uxie didnt create knowledge. Arceus created Uxie, simutaenously creating Knowledge. In other words, Uxies very birth and existence started Knowledge.

ehh, the argument is more that "Uxie is knowledge, Arceus created Uxie, hence Arceus created knowledge/the embodyment of/concept of"

Either way, it's the interaction between common sense and knowledge that determines how smart someone is imo, and Arceus doesn't have common sense in spades whereas Othinus has a good deal of both. Arceus could still probably figure out it needs to be a god rather than just a pokemon while Othinus is figuring out what actually does anything to Arceus though and beat Othinus.

Tivanenk said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Arceus created Uxie
Arceus created a Pokemon, as in, a living being. Congrats. And...?

Uxie IS knowledge, and Arceus created it.

Also, why are you still arguing on this thread when Dragon literally created a thread for you to argue Arceus' stats in?

Wyver Luna said:
ehh, the argument is more that "Uxie is knowledge, Arceus created Uxie, hence Arceus created knowledge/the embodyment of/concept of"
Either way, it's the interaction between common sense and knowledge that determines how smart someone is imo, and Arceus doesn't have common sense in spades whereas Othinus has a good deal of both. Arceus could still probably figure out it needs to be a god rather than just a pokemon while Othinus is figuring out what actually does anything to Arceus though and beat Othinus.
Since when does Arceus not have common sense tho?

Anime4Life2020 said:
Since when does it have common sense? It's gullible in the games, manga, and anime. Pretty much every canon material. And it's not violent so it always let's others attack first.

Tivanenk said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
Since when does it have common sense? It's gullible in the games, manga, and anime. Pretty much every canon material. And it's not violent so it always let's others attack first.
Already countered that. Also, why are u even still here arguing when Dragon has another post for you?

...i only said Arceus doesn't have it in spades

rephrased: he doesn't have a lot of it but he still has it.

Also, at this point we've pretty much already come to a result so... Arceus pretty much beats Othinus through stats, Othinus might be able to convince Arceus to leave but that's irrelevant due to this being a battle, Arceus can tank nearly anything Othinus throws at it for long enough to figure out it needs it's actual god abilities to beat Othinus's and proceeds to break the glass cannon.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Already countered that. Also, why are u even still here arguing when Dragon has another post for you?
Why would I want to argue with him of all people?

Tivanenk said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
When did i say u have to debate him? Im asking why arent u refruiting this on his thread...u dont have to talk to him, talk to the others who comment their opinio

Tivanenk said:
Anime4Life2020 said:
i mean, having seen some of your posts, that argument could be made about you too, but lets just drop this and keep personal grudges personal. no need to taint the battles with personal crap, yeah?

And thus his reasoning comes out. I even promised to let others argue with you. But apparently you can't stand me so you're gonna let your chance to prove a point go by. Dude seruously grow up.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And thus his reasoning comes out. I even promised to let others argue with you. But apparently you can't stand me so you're gonna let your chance to prove a point go by. Dude seruously grow up.
I'm not going to argue with a dude that literally calls me a downplayer in the opening post. You need to grow the hell up.

Anime4Life2020 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Why continue derailing this thread when a thread for this has been made?
Dragon i'd reccomend notifying an admin before this starts getting potentially more serious.
Agreed. personal dislike of a person is not a valid reason to ignore a thread someone made in order to further derail a debate with the exact same content the thread was made to handle.

I have read a bit of both To Aru and have extensive knowledge of the Pokemon verse and I will say that Arceus has the bag on this one.

Reasons:

1. Arceus created concepts.

2. It is shown in the manga that Arceus is capabale of collapsing two different regions together and he could possibly do the same with different timelines.

3. Othinus' Gugnir does not stand a chance against Arceus because he manipulates all formes of human power like concepts and can erase such concepts.

4. Arceus can erase Othinus like a concept if he wanted to, if not erase her willpower.

Verdict: Arceus takes this one.

Back