• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arbitrary and Unsourced Tier Ranges (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's made for the tiering system page

And if we aren't adding notes to the individual descriptions, an exact list of tiers affected by this would have to be displayed, possibly in the form of a collapsible table

Okay. How about this then?

Contrary to the individual descriptions, certain tiers don't correspond to the destruction of their namesakes in any meaningful fashion. This is because the minimum requirements for these tiers are either arbitrary values or ones without a source.

These tiers should preferably not be assigned unless there are accepted calculations that coincide with the respective specified thresholds for them.

Here is a list of the tiers in question:

• 9-A: Small Building level (0.005 tons-0.25 tons)
  • 8-C: Building level (0.25 tons-2 tons)
  • High 8-C: Large Building level (2 tons-11 tons)
  • 8-B: City Block level (11 tons-100 tons)
  • 8-A: Multi-City Block level (100 tons-1 kiloton)
  • Low 7-C: Small Town level (1 kiloton-5.8 kiloton)
  • High 7-C: Large Town level (100 kilotons-1 megatons)
  • Low 7-B: Small City level (1 megatons-6.3 megatons)
  • 7-A: Mountain level (100 megatons-1 gigaton)
  • High 7-A: Large Mountain level (1 gigaton-4.3 gigatons)
  • High 6-C: Large Island level (100 gigatons-1 teraton)
  • Low 6-B: Small Country level (1 teraton-7 teratons)
  • High 6-B: Large Country level (100 teratons-760 teratons)

I don't think the numbers need to be noted in this context, mentioning tiers alongside their name would be better, eg.- 9-A/Small Building level. If the numbers have to be included tho, I would prefer them in parenthesis "9-A/Small Building level (0.005 tons-0.25 tons)"

I have tried to improve on the list above.

Well, I could use a colon instead if you prefer.

I tried that first, but it did not look very aesthetical.

Antvasima said:
Okay. How about this then?

Contrary to the individual descriptions, certain tiers don't correspond to the destruction of their namesakes in any meaningful fashion. This is because the minimum requirements for these tiers are either arbitrary values or ones without a source.

These tiers should preferably not be assigned unless there are accepted calculations that coincide with the respective specified thresholds for them.

Here is a list of the tiers in question:
So should we apply this soon?

I do not know. Sorry. Can somebody provide a summary of what is left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back