• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arale's self (Sus)tenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Arale should lose self sustenance type 2 because she requires oil/new battery in order to survive/function.

For example;
Chapter 33

I agree with removing it. I was against with her having it. Her stamina should be downgraded as well. Since it is not Limitless and the weakness section explains it well.

If it were limitless then should would spam N'chan cannon without draining her supply.

Aye, stamina will be brought down to superhuman in the next crt.

Also type 3 self sustenance might be a bit Sus too, but I gotta catch up with the manga to be sure. We do see her sleep often

That is due to senbei making her a normal girl which includes sleeping which makes no sense since she depends on Robo Vita A for energy but its a gag manga anyway.

I agree, like I mentioned on discord.

Also the sleeping was an asspull. Technically she shouldn't be able to but can anyways. I'm pretty sure she's been shown multiple times to be tired sleep wise, so Type 3 should probably be removed.

Isn’t type 3 just that you don’t need sleep, not that you can’t sleep? (A character can have type 3 and sleep)

Isn’t type 3 just that you don’t need sleep, not that you can’t sleep? (A character can have type 3 and sleep)
It also says "These users of this ability require no rest and do not run out of energy, or even feel tired. This ability denotes practically infinite stamina".

Yeah that's why I found type 3 quite suspicious but wanted to see if later in the manga something changed.

She is just pretending to be human. Like the scan above says "mimic."

*Remember: Arale is still a robot with human girl behaviors. That's what Senbe wanted.

How about this?

Limited Self-Sustenance (Type 3) (She mimics the human behavior of sleeping but she needs Robo Vita A for energy)

Limited Self-Sustenance (Type 3) (She mimics the human behavior of sleeping but she needs Robo Vita A for energy)
PL makes sense
Its been stated she doesnt need to sleep but she does so for gag purposes
She doesnt require sleep nor rest and i cant recall a single moment where Arale is actually physically exhausted

Only that she runs out of juice and stops moving
No amount of rest will cause her to recover from battery dead because rest is not essential for her but Robovita will do the trick just fine

Agree to limited type 3

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Should we close this thread as well, or is there anything left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back