• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arago Hunt vs Alex Mercer

Either Argo finish him by ripping his soul out or Alex Mercer win mid-high difficulty if he can absorb Aragon and that his regen is Low-High making it diffcult for Argo. So what does Argo has to do for ripping souls out?

Edit: Never mind as he need physical contact with his opponent for it to work. So Alex Mercer win this one with mid-high difficulty.

@Starkiller

He could still grab and restrain Alex with Claw before bringing them in for the soul rip. Plus, Alex has to be extremely careful about touching Arago since prolonged contact will cause his flesh to start rotting (but just punching him will be fine).

A few problems:

1. While Arago could grab Mercer with Claw, it wouldn't do much to restrain him. Alex Mercer has shapeshifting, body control, and an amorphous body—unless Claw has some kind of paralyzing effect, he can probably squeeze out of it. Besides, restraining him wouldn't limit him from using ranged attacks, while bringing him closer is a really bad idea.

2. Whether "Alex Mercer" (or rather, the former Alex Mercer's reanimated body) has a soul (or possibly even multiple souls) or not is questionable at best. Personally, I find it unlikely that "Alex Mercer" still has a soul, since he's basically a corpse reanimated by a virus, and the original Alex Mercer was clinically dead before being "revived" by the virus. Generally speaking, neither viruses nor reanimated corpses are thought to have souls.

3. Even if prolonged contact with Arago can cause decay due to overflowing life energy, Alex Mercer has the regenerative ability to overcome that. Additionally, Mercer has shown an impressive ability to absorb large quantities of biomass—which is merely the physical form of "life energy" (E = mc^2, after all)—which could possibly mean that Mercer would be able to handle a far larger amount of life energy from Arago without suffering ill effects than would normally be possible (hell, it might even make him momentarily stronger). Plus, there's the fact that prolonged contact with Alex Mercer is equally dangerous, since he has the tendency to absorb people whole (sometimes in pieces).

@Jaften

1) Mercer's body is amorphous, but he's no Logia user. I don't remember Alex slithering through tight spaces by turning himself into goop at any point.

2) Fair point. However, given that he had something resembling a conscience along with the fact that he's never faced Soul Users in his home verse, I don't know if this logic would apply as a one-size-fits all.

3) Well, it's more like anything that gets into continued contact with him will eventually shrivel up and die, and I doubt that it works the way that real-life energy works. Alex probably would have resistance to it as you say, but he's hardly immune. So far the only thing in the series to get stronger from Arago's life energy was a dead tree, while everything else started burning on contact, including several people who were brought back from the dead (the Four Horsemen).

I'd also like to bring up that Arago has Limited Biological Manipulation, as he was able to separate someone from another thing even after they were fused to it at the cellular level.

Sigh... I'm doing a horrible job of being unbiased.

Back