• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aragami upgrade (plus additions)

Tomfer

He/Him

Tier:​

Ryo's profile is currently at "at least 9-B" due to a very strange/dubious feat, by being completely unharmed by a self-explosion of a boss. The destruction is clear and he, indeed, destroyed brick walls and the floor, but Ryo can be seen teleported away from said explosion. The only two foundations this feat has is the fact that the heat wave of the explosion can be seen behind Ryo, clearly showing that the explosion did somewhat affected him, and the dialogue after, with Yamiko asking how did Ryo survived and him not knowing. I see this feat as a "Possibly 9-B" and the addition of instinct action.

However, Ryo can comfortably be set on 9-C due to his weaponry and how aragamis can casually tank slashes from katanas and fireballs from the fire adepts.

Thanks to @Dalesean027, now we got a calc that most characters in the verse can scale to.

Additions:​

Self-Sustenance type 2 & 3: Aragamis do not require food, drink or rest to survive.
Retrocognition and Precognition: Aragamis can see an enemy's recently traveled path and see the future predicted path.

(I need to replay aragami for a more complete crt, damn)

Last edited:
Fireball is still 9-B and as far as I'm seeing it isn't some supernatural attack reflection ability, he just parries it normally overpowering with force sending it back.

That said idk if it actually one shots him in gameplay but if not he should scale

Fireball is still 9-B and as far as I'm seeing it isn't some supernatural attack reflection ability, he just parries it normally overpowering with force sending it back.
Nothing in Aragami is really "supernatural" or magical, it's explained as "life essence" coming to life.

That said idk if it actually one shots him in gameplay but if not he should scale
Nah, they can withstand a few, like 3-4 fireballs. See how little damage they do here.

Edit: More scans of the protagonist getting hit by the fireballs.

Last edited:
What would be the value? I tried looking up in the common feat refs but couldn't find anything related to fireballs.
Oh no this would need to be calculated, I can just do it

I assume you'll calculate how far the smoke/flames go around the target? Because there's no destructive feats of said fireballs.
Doesn't need to like destroy a building to be 9-B, its like a 2m sphere or fire that itself is 9-B

That and the player character surviving it should make it fine
I guess it's officially 9-B, I guess the wording for Ryo's profile should be like:

"Comparable, if not superior, to other Aragamis, who constantly fight fire adepts that can do this"

Comparable, if not superior, to other Aragamis, who constantly fight fire adepts that can do this"
Justification for the first statement and then for the second part more like " withstood fireball attacks from fire adepts" (link to calc over text)

Justification for the first statement
You mean why Ryo should be comparable/superior to other aragami? Ryo was the only one who was capable of fighting Yamiko, and she's by far the strongest character in the verse. Kurai and the main villain of 2 are Mid-Tier (?) since they're can casually kill fodder enemies. Fodder is unamed aragami and the enemies you already saw.

then for the second part more like " withstood fireball attacks from fire adepts" (link to calc over text)
"Comparable, if not superior, to other Aragamis, who withstood fireball attacks from fire adepts"?

You mean why Ryo should be comparable/superior to other aragami? Ryo was the only one who was capable of fighting Yamiko, and she's by far the strongest character in the verse. Kurai and the main villain of 2 are Mid-Tier (?) since they're can casually kill fodder enemies. Fodder is unamed aragami and the enemies you already saw.
Yeah that's what I'm saying just write ou the why for that on the profile so that works
"Comparable, if not superior, to other Aragamis, who withstood fireball attacks from fire adepts"?
Yup this will do

Back