• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP Upgrade to all the top tier MLP characters

Discords finger snaps are just an indication of him using his powers. He does it for a lot of different stuff. Most notable, his feats in the comics.

Also that was when he was trying to get somewhere else the one where he removes the stars there blatantly In the same location when he undoes his powers

Okay, so, I'll ask you to:

• Assumption 1: Prove beyond a single doubt that Discord was warping stars thousands of light years away and messing with a fifth of the Milky Way just because the night sky visible on Earth turned into day, when this would require advanced Reality Warping on a Multi-Stellar range that he hasn't shown
  • 2: He has fancy warping that changes the local terrain
  • 3: He rotated the Earth, which is how night turns into day
  • 4: He teleported them.
All are equally speculative, but Option 1 requires a lot of ridiculous assumptions that are not remotely implied on the scene itself. Occam's Razor invalidates it by default. So no.

1. No one is arguing he is manipulating 1/5th of the galaxy. I'm not sure how warping 2000 stars out would need that. Especially not when he didn't even warp more than anything from 40 to maybe a few hundred. Doesn't Discord already have interstellar range?

2. Um well yeah, he does.

3. Which can't have happened since rotating the Earth would not have removed the stars in such a manner. In addition That's not how night turns to day in the MLPverse. The D&N cycle is because Celestia rotates the Sun&Moon from one side of the Planet to the other. Which is why I mentioned it earlier.

4. I ask again: Teleported them where? There has to be an end point. A place to teleport them to.

This is pretty ridiculous. When there is a solar eclipse during the day, you'll be able to see stars in the sky. That doesn't mean that the stars were magically transported there. That just means that there is no longer sunlight ofucsating them.

Same thing here. Discord just moved the sun and moon, not all stars across a radius of light-years.

And that is even assuming that's what happened. The scene gives no indication of even that and this whole discussion seems like severe overthinking.

@Matthew Schroeder

All other times the sun and moon have rotated, it's always shown on screen. It's especially dubious because the sky was pink, which is how the sky normally is only when Discord is affecting it, not just in a normal Ponyville day.

We know that Discord was affecting the terrain around him. What we disagree with is this meaning he affected thousands of light years worth of space and warped away stars. This is the most ridiculously high end interpretation ever.

@Kepekley23

Its not set in stone, and so, as I've said, this is why I recommend At least High 4-C for all the alicorn and above level MLP characters. Because there is a possibility-even if it's a low one-that this is above High 4-C, and that's what At least is for.

Nah this wouldn't be an upgrade. Now Discord making a realm with natural light might be worth something, but idk. The Alicorns should at the very least be given an "At Least" or possibly even Star Level+ based on how casual it is. What with the new stellar revisions. Probably the former.

But for now. Until Azathoth looks at my calc, or Discord creating an alternate version of OaO is looked at. High 4-C is out of the question.

I saw your calc. It isn't correct. You used one year of the Earth's orbit around the Sun for a calc where only 1 day is necessary. The actual result would be far lower.

I already told you why. 940 billion km is the circumference of an entire year of the Earth's orbit around the Sun, for a feat where only 1 day should be used.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but using the earths daily distance travelled per day as circumference, my math gets me a Earth-Sun distance of 410000 km. Thats even less than Mercury's distance. There's no way the planet wouldn't be deep fried at that distance.

If the Sun revolved around the Earth, the Sun's gravity would just pull the Earth in and tear it to shreds though. Equally fucky consequences.

Also, has the MLP Sun ever been shown from outer space

Pretty sure we had a thread about them being secondary canon a while back, unless I'm misremembering.

EDIT: Nvm. It was about them being canon only if directly referenced

Well thats the way it works. We know for a fact that that's what goes on. The distance on the other hand is an unknown.

I don't think we've ever seen an shot from outer spake kep.

Kepekley23 said:
By the way, the MLP Moon is nowhere near as far away from the Earth as the real life one is either, and it is much bigger than the Earth boot. Both of these things would be catasthropic to the planet, but nothing actually happens.
It's almost like it's a cartoon, and doesn't adhere to real life physics.

Wow, what a shocker.

This is silly. Using real life science to debunk fictional feats' destructive capacity by saying if it were actually that strong it'd destroy the planet can be used against a lot of feats throughout fiction.

Kirby's Home Run minigame in Star Allies ivolves him hitting an asteroid hard enough to destroy planets, but because Popstar doesn't implode from the recoil it's definitely not planet level, so we have to assume the planets are made of paper mache or something. /sarcasm

Can't forget DK's moon punch. It's def not country level because if it was, the island it fell on top of would have been obliterated. /sarcasm

see my point?

"Science should only be used when it upgrades a series I like with RL physics."

Even tho that's not what you meant, it's what you're coming across like right now.

No. Science can and will often be used to debunk calcs around here. It all depends on the context.

Ok, but when you disregard any fictional feat because something it does doesn't entirely add up with IRL physics, no feat can ever be used.

INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US - 'Coordinates Received' Lex Luthor's Super Move HD-0
INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US - 'Coordinates Received' Lex Luthor's Super Move HD-0

I could just as well say this isn't blatantly continent level because it leaves the area it hits virtually undamaged. That's basically been the entire crux of your argument throughout this thread. Can you give an actual reason to say the feats don't count other than they don't line up 100% with the real world?

HomestuckLover1 said:
I could just as well say this isn't blatantly continent level because it leaves the area it hits virtually undamaged. That's basically been the entire crux of your argument throughout this thread. Can you give an actual reason to say the feats don't count other than they don't line up 100% with the real world?
To be fair, that's a fighting game, and even AOE attacks like that can be explained away with with game mechanics, and that if they destroyed the continent there would nowhere to fight.

Unless it Budokai Tenkaichi.

Back