• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP Upgrade to all the top tier MLP characters

Knowing Discord's character, he probably is warping the stars away, but I haven't watched the episode yet. I don't think it's KE since I don't think we see the stars actually move.

If there's no proof of that we can't use nor assume it though. He literally just seems to be teleporting them.

Even then, for this feat you should use the number of stars destroyed and multiply it by the average star's GBE (1.517e+41 joules). Inverse square law can't be used here.

I have seen the episode and yeah we don't see them move he just snaps his fingers and reality is Discord like then the stars vanish

I've heard two methods used for virtually the same feat. Do we have official standards on this?

We do. For star destroying feats that don't involve an omnidirectional shockwave (or energy source) inverse square law can't be used, only the GBE of the average star * the number of stars destroyed.

I guess to play devils advocate I think it's more likely he didn't teleport them somewhere else because we explicitly see them stay the same place and all the objects are transmuted into something different ( like Trixie's home into a pumpkin)

Occam's Razor wise, simply rotating the Earth by 180 degrees would accomplish what was shown on screen.

If he consistency transmuted other stuff in the same episode, then I guess transmutation is the most "logical" reasoning.

Even if he did not teleport them, rotating the Earth a few degrees to turn day into night isn't even above High 5-A.

Occam's Razor kinda dictates that assuming a considerable portion of the galaxy was warped just because Earth's skies turned from night to day is a ginormous leap in logic.

It is far more likely he simply rotated the Earth.

Thing with that is in MLP whenever a character messes with the stars it's explicitly shown there affecting the star itself not by rotating the earth ( examples being Twilight in Twilight's Kingdom or Celestia moving the moon in a Royal Problem)

Yeah, but "he messed with the stars" is already an assumption you're making that has nothing backing it up and is just taking the high end when there are more likely mid ends.

If the Earth never rotated the cast would've been squashed by the atmospheric gases and gravity.

They have numerous explanations for how the Earth works without rotation.

Seasons? Done through actual labor.

Sun and moon? Magical alicorn.

The Earth does rotate though. Assuming otherwise requires proof that isn't available, considering oceanic currents.

And, once again, Occam's Razor dictates that assuming the stars 20,000+ light years away were destroyed because the scene shows night turning to day is nowhere near a standard, acceptable assumption without evidence to back it up. It has literally zero back up on the scene itself.

We reject Mundus's universe being real as opposed to an illusion because of the same principle.

Except it doesn't. The earth not rotating is one of the first things they show off in the show. If it did rotate then it would break all the lore regarding Winter/Summer Wrap Up and the Alicorns.

Is it specifically stated that it doesn't? Otherwise, it does by default. Air currents, oceanic currents, all of that needs the Earth's rotation to work. The entire atmosphere would have escaped otherwise.

Yes, but no one is ever actually doing it manually. And I think it is still nighttime. The sky is mostly the same color. Although if he did rotate it I think may be higher than High 5-A since it took a few frames.

No, it's not night time. The sky is a clear pink, the clouds are a pure white when they'd be grey were it night time.

The only evidence we can draw from this feat tells us the warping was focused on Earth, considering the clouds changing and new ones seen appearing. Turning an Earthly feat into a multi stellar feat is not acceptable when there is no evidence.

They don't specify it doesn't because in-universe, there would be no need too. They never say the earth never rotates because in their view, earth rotating would be the odd thing. While they never say it, virtually every aspect of the cosmology eventally falls back on it not rotating.

This is a series with chaos gods, magic, dragons, beings who move suns, manual weather creation and talking horses who can somehow hold swords with hooves. Of course it doesn't follow earth science down to a tea

Ishi Rudell stated the MLP "moon" unit of time was based on the rotation of the Moon in relation to Earth's. That right there disproves the Earth not rotating by default, so yeah, it does.

The Moons statement in of itself is contradictory with how "moons" is used in the actual show. Not to mention WoG in MLP is infamously inconsistent.

WoG is usable when nothing suggests otherwise. Nothing says the Earth doesn't rotate in the show, you simply assumed it didn't. But now there is actual evidence suggesting otherwise.

It's contradicted by the moons statement, not to mention earth rotating contradicts just about everything but whatever. Let's just drop this.

Some counter evidence if I may? In the same scene Discord teleports, erases, or transmutes, the Stars, he has to remove them. Twice. Basically, after he snaps his fingers, we get 3 different shots, and flashes of light warping everything in each one. In the second scene we see the Stars get taken away. Then in the third he removes even more Stars. Rotating the Earth makes absolutely no sense in this case. Because rotating it would remove them all at once. Not piece by piece.

What "piece by piece"? The scene is literally just him snapping his fingers and night turning into day instantly, with zero elaboration.

Even though he had to turn night into day twice? As in removing the stars from multiple areas of the sky? There are still stars in the 3rd scene right before they get removed, even though they already got removed a scene ago. There is no way that rotating the planet would do that.

Back