• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP Revision - Directives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
The Attack Potency revision project has commenced.

For the next few days:

• No edits by regular members should be made. Staff members should edit only attack potency revision. All other edits will be rolled back.
  • Content revision threads will be inactive. Furthermore, any such threads will be locked down.
Kindly adhere to the above directives, and apologies for any inconveniences caused. These directives will be in effect for only a few days.

Well that's actually informative. Well i've saw at least two regular members edit a couple or so pages already, so.....whoops/

Rollback all such edits. I initially was not opposed to regular member editing, then realized that including regular member edits would absolutely butcher the co-ordination thread that the alloted teams have set up.

Lord Kavpeny said:
Rollback all such edits. I initially allowed it, then realized that including regular member edits would absolutely butcher the co-ordination thread that the teams have set up.
Want me to rollback them or will you do?

Hold on, I'm not understanding this. Are regular members not allowed to edit the attack potency of any profile?

Hmm. Well Kav didn't think about that, tbh. But regardless, yes only those of the staff can edit the pages as of now until who knows how long it'll take.

Attack Potency goes with the Durability & Striking Strength on most of the profiles so the Staff should also change that as well

We can't push a button to close the wikia from editing, unless we do a very lengthy script-related permanent lock of all pages so that only admins can edit, and that would obviously not be a good idea, or even allowed by the wikia staff.

I agree that the Durability and Striking Strength pages also need to be updated for higher levels, but they seem to overlap on the lower ones that are currently being edited as far as I am aware.

I have now updated the striking strength chart a little bit. Since the Joules values are no longer straightforward, I removed the mentions of them in each of the categories to make them more generalised, and as such easier for the staff to apply.

Notice

It has been brought to my notice that the current forum nigh-shutdown is detracting from the community. While it is true that I would prefer that forums not get in the way, I also realize that a decision possibly harmful to community growth is a folly.

To that end, I revise my previous directive regarding the forums. The revised directive (effective immediately):

"Members are free to create threads across all forum boards, with the exception of Content Revision (and Staff Board, obviously). However, please note that any threads in the general discussion board pertaining to stat revision might be temporarily closed.

Lastly, staff members will more than likely be unable to contribute towards forums. It is prohibited to burden staff members with opinion requests for the duration of the AP Chart revision."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back