• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AP downscaling and upscaling from size

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
If a character in a certain large size were to do a certain physical feat, if they are in a smaller size, would it be possible to make a theoretical AP based on what feat they did at that large size, or would it be calc stacking?

Also, I know how there is striking AP based on sheer size, but if the smaller state does a certain physical feat, would you still upscale by a theoretical AP based on the feat done by the smaller state, or would it be calc stacking and thus only applies to upscaling off a regular human striking strength in a large size (70 joules)?

Lets say if a character who was the size of a moon did a physical feat that was 200 FOE, and if he was smaller, would we compare his feat to that of a theoretical AP in his smaller size? Same with a character being bigger.

I would say no to both.
I'm pretty sure that in reality, one could already not directly relate an increase in muscle mass (which is essentially the subject here) to an increase in strength, since the strain and mass to move and stuff are just different. (And are we making the cells and other structures larger or do we add more of them?)
For fictional characters, we have in addition to that, that most of them have super-muscles that can grow incredibly stronger without gaining more muscle mass. They more or less use supernatural mechanisms for strength. Who knows how those behave relative to such size increases.

I suppose if the size is calced one could also invoke calc stacking, but that isn't even really the main problem with this.

I guess it makes sense. Its because I was trying to calculate a feat where someone of a planetary size did something at 64 FOE, then later he became the size of the sun, which is why I asked that question.

Back