• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So this is something I have wanted to ask, but considered the answer being quite simple. However, it has been bugging me that I do not have a legit answer.

So I was wondering, do we consider AoE to determine a hax's potecy (Stuff like Mind and Soul Manipulation)? For example, if Character A has a shockwave move that mind haxes anyone within range of....say...70 kilometers. Do we count that towards potency or not?

Ember McLai's Mind Control wave covered an entire town and cought everyone in it but I don't think that scales to it's potency.

Sneaky Nightmate upgrade I guess.

Anyway, don't think range is related to the potency of the hax.

Based only on range? Well, no, we shouldn't:

Vitiate has Telepathy on a Galactic scale, and can work on quadrillions of people. Meanwhile, someone like Bansha has ever demonstrated telepathy on one person at a time but has been able to work on someone who was in another universe.

Does that make Bansha's telepathy > Vitiate? Of course not.

Then again, a lot of things like mind Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation are scaled almost only on how many people they work on (which I disagree on to an extent, but that's not the point), which I can see why it gets confused a lot with range:

For example, a guy who can connect to the mind of anyone in the universe, which have been shown to be billions, vs a guy who can mind hax trillions of a solar-system range: while the latter is a better feat, it can be argued that the first's potential is much greater, especially when you count living beings that aren't humans, how much time has that guy been around in the universe, etcetera.

In cases like this, it's a matter of analyzing the whole case but usually, range =/= potency.

It's a case by case thing, but as a rule of thumb, having a wide range shouldn't necessarily translate to potency.

For cases such as, say, sound based mindhax where the sound can be heard throughout an entire city, would we assume the potency to be around that range?

Kepekley23 said:
For cases such as, say, sound based mindhax where the sound can be heard throughout an entire city, would we assume the potency to be around that range?
I don't think that would be potency, it's just range

Back