• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Any good feats from Devil May Cry 5?

Nero dodges every single "laser" Artemis shoots at him during a cutscene and can also dodge them in-game. All of her attacks are described as light

In terms of AP, sadly no. They're all underwhelming, maybe even a downgrade. Quite disappointed with the feats. But everything else in the game is perfect. One of the best looking games I've ever played. The gameplay is golden.

But yeah, Urizen was stated in his profile to shake the foundations of the world after eating the fruit.

Another one is on the ending cutscene, where Vergil stated 'I'm more than capable of cutting that thing' where the thing is the Qliphoth tree.

Urizen is pretty haxy though with abilities like energy beams, fire manip, time slow, barriers, creation and portal feats.

In terms of speed, they'll stay at at least Massively Hypersonic+, since there are a few lightning demon enemies

@LordNephalem
Are they? Where is it stated? It's not in her profile. Well, that ability comes from Urizen, he is able to shoot the said energy beams as well.

Well, the statement about Artemis manipulating light is actually in the preview for mission 4, but since I'm playing the game in portuguese, I would appreciate if someone could take a screenshot of it in english

haha no

However the High 6-A calc is much too wack to use

that kaser dodging feat ain't really legit tbh, since it's most likely magical and comes out of an unnatural source

THe source of the laser beam is that monster that possess lady, idk how much of a legit source that is. Finding actual light in fiction genuine is pretty hard

Does it reflect off something, go in a straight line, go at the same speed, or get stated to be a laser?

1 or 2, along with no contradictions, should be fine.

The actual source is Urizen, since Urizen is the one who gave the 'Lady monster' power. I tried slowing down the beam with Ragtime with Nero (prologue), but it seems to still travel at the same speeds, AKA, 1 frame to display the entire beam. Not sure if that can be calced though

But it still comes from an unatural source, I mean a light beam coil come out of someone's mouth (Like in Kumo Desuga) and is that considered light?

Eh

Not without other indication of it being light

I mean when something is stated to be light, you need actual feats supporting this

When something is stated to move as fast as light then it's pretty much that unless it's in some way contradicted

There aren't any contradictions

Shouldn't even be an outlier considering they're casual MHS+

Here's a gif btw

https://imgur.com/a/IKa5NaO

Just saying that even with time slow, the entire beam was still fired in one frame (in this fight though, there's a 'charge animation' for the beam, but in Dante's fight later on there's no such trace or animation). Now there are quite a few instances where 'light' has been used by enemies. One noteworthy mention is Beowulf. Vergil used its powers through the gauntlet and actually produced refraction with rainbow colors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEkmsMLJ2dc - forward to 1:05 and 1:15). Tried debating it before but failed.

Beowulf had the power of light, but it was stated to attack at supersonic speed in DMC 3 and lightning speed in 4. Artemis, otherwise, shots beams actually made of light

There's a big gap between MHS+ and Rel. he'll there can even be large gaps between MHS+ speeds

As far as I know, this wiki is really sensitive about light siding and laser dodging shit.

Is there another comparable feat to it? I've only made it past the mission where you fight her

Motherfuckef, you could have at least tried to hide the spoiler better

Whelp, not like YouTube raped my ass with spoilers a day before release so...

@Konaguna Well, the MHS+ feat comes from Dante during his weakest version in the entire series, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he had relativistic speed during DMC 5 (his peak).

There's also a cutscene where Dante swings his sword and blocks 3 or 4 lightnings that were about to hit him at the same time. It's probably a MHS+ feat, but he did it very casually

@LordNephalem

Where exactly was it stated to attack at supersonic speeds?

@Konaguna

No other feat I can think of, it's the same attack Urizen uses but that's about it. AP and speed feats in DMC5 is underwhelming.

@Nephilim

Idk bruh, I'm gonna finish the game and see for myself

I'm not very sure about light speed dodging tho, these kinds of feats tend to be very difficult to properly handle

@Konaguna If you've played the prologue, that's pretty much it. The game hits you with everything in the prologue. You'll know what I mean

Back