• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ANTI-LIFE EQUATION CALC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro:
Hey guys, I’m back from my 3 month hiatus. I will be going over the problems with the anti-life equation ritual calc Here. In another Dceu thread about it getting its tier 6 rating back, it was suggested that we show another tier 6 feat for supporting evidence and consistency. This might be the answer to that.

Argument:
They’re many things wrong with this calc.
firstly, the calc assumes that there is a magma chamber sitting directly under the battle field instead of the lava being brought from the earths crust. Both are plausible however there being a manga chamber just sitting under the battle field just seems like a convenient lowball.

secondly the calc assumes steppenwolf/darkseid is 6’1😭😭😭.

Lastly we look at the Scene2(Scene1)again, the radius from the magma, it looks like it’s in the hundreds on metres range. It makes earths army look like ants beside.

I’ve done estimated calcs of my own with a kinetic energy calculator and got results all the way up to low 6B or Small Country Level which could be consistent with some other feats.

It is kinda fishy to assume that there is a magma chamber everywhere you go, magma chambers are usually found underneath volcanoes, no? I don't think Steppenwolf's place had any volcanoes nearby.

Oh, not to mention that Steppy towers over the JL cast by quite a bit, chest and head.

Last edited:
So would the Earth's crust work?
As 've said before Wolf seems about 8 feet tall and you could pixelscale the cracks by using the size of Wolf's ships

And this wouldn't be the ALE unles we're talking SnyderVerse, there's no real allusion to it in the TC

So would the Earth's crust work?
As 've said before Wolf seems about 8 feet tall and you could pixelscale the cracks by using the size of Wolf's ships

And this wouldn't be the ALE unles we're talking SnyderVerse, there's no real allusion to it in the TC
Steppe does a similar feat in the TC, doesn't he?

Steppe does a similar feat in the TC, doesn't he?
Exact same yeh
And it's not the ALE making itself known so it's absolutely AP
Also for Wolf height;
The Actual Film;
The Merch;
So Steppenwolf is pretty consistently super tall and is most likely in the 8 - 9 feet tall range if that helps and we get to see how big he is next to some of his crafts which we could use to understand the scale and range of the cracks he created.

All I'm saying is; the feat is very likely in the Tier 6 range and we could prolly backscale the likes of Diana and the other Leaguers from it since they're soundly weaker but still able to compete with him

Last edited:
Yep. I used pixel-scaling and got 2.59 m for Steppy using the Superman shot.

All I'm saying is; the feat is very likely in the Tier 6 range and we could prolly backscale the likes of Diana and the other Leaguers from it since they're soundly weaker but still able to compete with him
Yeah, magma assumption is way too unreasonable of a low-ball, given that the place Steppy strikes is nowhere near a volcano to begin with.

Yep. I used pixel-scaling and got 2.59 m for Steppy using the Superman shot.
Huh so he's an inch taller then Thanos
Ngl that's really kinda fun to me
Yeah, magma assumption is way too unreasonable of a low-ball, given that the place Steppy strikes is nowhere near a volcano to begin with.
Ok so we'd use it as lava from Earth's crust? Damn that might be good if we add on the cracks that stretch outwards from the original strike zone
Using the 30 km deep thing for the earth's crust and for three seconds as the timeframe (it takes that long for the lava to fully form) I got Mach 28 for the lava's speed
Using 1 second (since that's when the spurt happens) I got Mach 84 for the velocity so we'd get decent Kinetic Energy

Last edited:
Huh so he's an inch taller then Thanos
Ngl that's really kinda fun to me

Ok so we'd use it as lava from Earth's crust?
Most likely aye. We can find magma in the asthenosphere, which is just below the lithosphere (The crust I believe). 80-250 km below the surface.

Damn that might be good if we add on the cracks that stretch outwards from the original strike zone
Using the 30 km deep thing for the earth's crust and for three seconds as the timeframe (it takes that long for the lava to fully form) I got Mach 28 for the lava's speed
Using 1 second (since that's when the spurt happens) I got Mach 84 for the velocity so we'd get decent Kinetic Energy
Try the timeframe between Steppy's impact and the lava coming to the ground. The lava doesn't have to fully form.

Then that's 1 second since that's when the explosion happens
No Idea on the mass though
It’s actually WAY lower than that. In the old calc the time frame is 0.04 seconds. Essentially without slowing it down, the lava pretty much spurts out the second he hits the ground. Also the thread was for both canon and snyderverse

It’s actually WAY lower than that. In the old calc the time frame is 0.04 seconds.
Huh good catch, that means the high end is about Mach 500
Also the thread was for both canon and snyderverse
I noticed, my point is there's context for the SnyderVerse that make it.... weird as AP
Basically this is the Anti-Life being revealed on Earth, Steppenwolf recognises it in the vision and Diana mentions he found this power after he splits the earth in the History Lesson
The implication is there that the lava symbol is the Equation's physical projection and I believe Snyder even outright states all Uxas did was "reveal it"

Compare that to the TC where Steppenwolf really does just whack something and causes magma to erupt from the Earth without any greater mechanics

Okay. Would you be willing to handle the calculation, @KLOL506 ? Or do you prefer to ask some other calc group member to handle it?

Okay. No problem. If the calculation process itself is difficult to handle, you can always ask for help from others as well.

Huh good catch, that means the high end is about Mach 500

I noticed, my point is there's context for the SnyderVerse that make it.... weird as AP
Basically this is the Anti-Life being revealed on Earth, Steppenwolf recognises it in the vision and Diana mentions he found this power after he splits the earth in the History Lesson
The implication is there that the lava symbol is the Equation's physical projection and I believe Snyder even outright states all Uxas did was "reveal it"

Compare that to the TC where Steppenwolf really does just whack something and causes magma to erupt from the Earth without any greater mechanics
I still think it’s an ap feat. Like u said all he did was reveal it. I think in tc steppenwolf is just doing some random shit but in the snydercut darkseid/steppenwolf are literally making it rise from somewhere in the earth.

Eh maybe but still
We don't know if he'd have to bring up tons of magma to the surface from kilometers beneath the earth in order to "wake up" the Equation so the context is less clear cut then it is with TC Wolf

Plus I'd say TC takes priority since the SnyderVerse isn't entirely canon (just the first two installments)

Eh maybe but still
We don't know if he'd have to bring up tons of magma to the surface from kilometers beneath the earth in order to "wake up" the Equation so the context is less clear cut then it is with TC Wolf

Plus I'd say TC takes priority since the SnyderVerse isn't entirely canon (just the first two installments)
WELP. TIME FOR ME TO DOWNLOAD THE TRASH TC TO USE THE HD VERSION OF THE SCANS YOU USED. But thanks again for showing me which parts make the most sense.

No problem, and thank you for helping out.

magma chambers are usually found underneath volcanoes, no?
Other way around. Volcanos are found above magma chambers.

Pockets of magma that get close to the Earth's surface have a greater and greater chance of lifting rock around it until a volcano forms.

Also like, idk, assuming they pulled out magma at like mach 1,000 speeds via a shockwave that barely reaches a couple hundred feet in diameter is just a very weird move to make in my view.

Tbh we don’t really have any other mechanics for the TC, unlike the Snyder Cut, to imply otherwise

plus by my own guesstimates it lines up with other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back