• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Another) Minor Scream CRT: Abilities and maybe other additions

Another minor Scream CRT regarding to the abilities and another addition while writing this:

Mickey should have Social Influencing; He mentally manipulated Sidney, by exploiting her “deja vu” from the previous murder spree, turning her against her boyfriend Derek and making her believe that he was his partner.

Nancy should also have Social Influencing; She gave herself an entire makeover and managed to work as a news reporter under a fake identity, deceiving the rest of the crew including Gale Weathers. As well as she recruited Mickey as her accomplice, whom she met on a serial killer forum, in exchange for guidance, college intuition expenses, and infamy.

We should remove Sound Manipulation from Ethan’s profile, as he never had access to, or even used the signature voice changer at all. Same thing as for Weapon Mastery, as it’s already been said numerous times that wielding a knife or any kind of weapon doesn’t make you a master with it.

((Bonus)):

Not related to abilities, but a little bonus as I’m writing this, Roman should have Peak Human travel speed.

Agree: AThe1412 (1)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Agree with SI for Mickey and Nancy.

Unless they have shown actual proficiency with them instead of just sneaking attacking people, Ghostfaces shouldn't have Weapon Mastery just for wielding knives in the first place.

Wouldn't Ethan still have access to the voice changer in the Team Resources despite not having been shown or implied to use it?

Agree with Peak Human speed for Roman but there's currently a calculation waiting to be evaluated that might upgrade the whole verse.

Agree with SI for Mickey and Nancy.
👍
Unless they have shown actual proficiency with them instead of just sneaking attacking people, Ghostfaces shouldn't have Weapon Mastery just for wielding knives in the first place.
Billy and Stu know how to gut people with knives and are knowledgeable on killing methods; Roman can skillfully use his knives like projectiles; Charlie seemingly knows how to gut people as seen with Olivia, and uses his knife effectively against Hoss and Perkins; Wayne’s skilled with knives via combat training and the bodega scene; Richie and Quinn both seem to wield their knives with a dexterous trick. The rest don’t really show skill with knives, but those like Amber or Nancy have skill with certain firearms.
Wouldn't Ethan still have access to the voice changer in the Team Resources despite not having been shown or implied to use it?
I originally thought Scream 2022 implied they each have their own voice changer, or a voice changer app as seen in Scream 4. But Ethan never uses it, so if they do have their own voice changers, then Ethan must not own one.
Agree with Peak Human speed for Roman but there's currently a calculation waiting to be evaluated that might upgrade the whole verse.
Yeah I probably should’ve waited for that. But how does it scale to every character in the verse?

About Weapon Mastery, from what I recall, it's fine to put "(Blank) User" as long as the character in question heavily relies on that weapon, which is true for every Ghostface. It isn't quite Weapon Mastery for all of them, but all them would have "Knife User", linking to Weapon Mastery

About Weapon Mastery, from what I recall, it's fine to put "(Blank) User" as long as the character in question heavily relies on that weapon, which is true for every Ghostface. It isn't quite Weapon Mastery for all of them, but all them would have "Knife User", linking to Weapon Mastery
Yeah but the main ability term is using weapons skillfully. If I just hold a knife in my hand and carry it everywhere I go, that doesn’t mean I’m a master with it. That’s why there’s literally a category referred called “Knife Users”. So instead of just calling them weapon masters, just give them the knife user category.

There comes a point where I think you can say all of the Ghostfaces are physically comparable, due to the nature of the Ghostface identity and the fact that they seem roughly on par with Sidney/Sam/Tara no matter the incarnation

There comes a point where I think you can say all of the Ghostfaces are physically comparable, due to the nature of the Ghostface identity and the fact that they seem roughly on par with Sidney/Sam/Tara no matter the incarnation
Isn’t that basically an association fallacy? I mean yeah they share the Ghostface identity, but that doesn’t really indicate they all should be physically comparable to each other. Like Amber is a teenager while Richie is a grown adult. That doesn’t really mean Richie is as strong as Amber. If we mean by being on par with them in combat, which excludes them being weakened, surprise attacked, being outpaced by them, etc. then yeah.

I don't know about scaling between different duos just by being Ghostface, but for example, we have feats where we aren't sure which killer performed it (like stabbing through a skull in Scream 4). It stands to reason then that BOTH killers should be comparable, as they are expected to be capable of identical feats. All of the Ghostfaces are typically played by 6'0 dudes (except in unmasking scenes), so stuff like age and gender differences shouldn't really be a factor

But I do think that basically everyone should scale to each other. If they don't harm Sidney, chances are they've fought Dewey, Gale, or Sam, all of whom scale to each other through a scaling chain

Amber breaks a bone, Sam and Sidney scale to Amber, everyone who's fought on par with Sam and Sidney therefore scale to Amber's feat

I'm sure you can fit Dewey and Gale in here too, which would get Mickey and Ms. Loomis in on the scaling chain

I don't know about scaling between different duos just by being Ghostface, but for example, we have feats where we aren't sure which killer performed it (like stabbing through a skull in Scream 4). It stands to reason then that BOTH killers should be comparable, as they are expected to be capable of identical feats. All of the Ghostfaces are typically played by 6'0 dudes (except in unmasking scenes), so stuff like age and gender differences shouldn't really be a factor
Yeah you’re right about that, Scream 4 is the only movie where we don’t exactly know exactly was under the mask, most notable during the murder of Hoss and Perkins. But even that I feel like can be argued to being Charlie, just by him being the one who killed Kate and Jill already being with Kirby.
But I do think that basically everyone should scale to each other. If they don't harm Sidney, chances are they've fought Dewey, Gale, or Sam, all of whom scale to each other through a scaling chain
Mickey’s only ever fought against Sidney, whom he lost terribly to and didn’t get a single hit in. Other characters like Jill scale to a weakened Sidney and an off guarded Dewey using a metal bed pan.
Amber breaks a bone, Sam and Sidney scale to Amber, everyone who's fought on par with Sam and Sidney therefore scale to Amber's feat
I don’t see why Sam scales to Amber, but yeah you’re right.
I'm sure you can fit Dewey and Gale in here too, which would get Mickey and Ms. Loomis in on the scaling chain
I can see Nancy, but Mickey never directly fought against them, so I’m not sure

Back