• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Goosebumps CRT; 10-B Scarecrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Yet another Goosebumps CRT. A lot less massive then the last one, but lets cut to the chase.

1. The Scarecrow's Current Tier:
Ok so, me and a group of other Goosebumps powerscalers/fans have discussed this offsite and we came to the conclusion that they shouldn't be 9-B.

Their reasoning behind their 9-B rating is because they scored a 5/10 on strength, meanwhile a legit 9-B character (Slappy the Dummy) scored a 6/10, so they aren't overwhelmingly weaker then him. We agreed that less powerful characters shouldn't be downscaled to say, King Jellyjam. Otherwise we would have stuff like 8-B Lawn Gnomes, it would just make sense to be consistent with the "no downscaling" thing, therefore the Scarecrows shouldn't be 9-B.

As for the tier they should be. In the book they don't have any feats unlike their tv show counterpart, but they do pose a threat to the main protagonists and have an. So it should likely be 10-B at best, or at least "Tier: Unknown, possibly 10-B".

2. Book Slappy's Stamina:
Ever since the last CRT with the limitless stamina for the movie monsters. I've been thinking of the stamina levels of other Slappies here on the wiki, specifically the book version. Me and the other guys offsite now think that Book Slappy should have limitless stamina. Let me explain;

1. He has never actually seen tiring in any books.

Yes in Slappy's Nightmare the story took place in a dream and he "woke up". But this is the only time we have ever seen him do such as thing throughout the books, and it is unknown if this "sleep" is actual sleep but some other form of inactivity like Cthulhu's "sleep" where it is some stage of pseudo-death, he is described as being both living and dead at the same time after all.

2. As a ventriloquist dummy made out of coffin wood, he doesn't have any organs or biological parts that would make him feel "tired", and this is a fact with Slappy in the books with multiple instances of being brutalized and there no signs of blood or organs, such as when he got sawed in half in Bride of the Living Dummy or having his head twisted off.

To add a bit of additional info, it is in fact canon that he doesn't need other forms of sustenance entirely because he is a dummy, so it is very well possible.

3. His main essence is a ghost, which normally have limitless stamina and is a thing ghosts have in the Goosebumps verse if beings like The Graveyard Ghouls or the citizens of Dark Falls say anything, not needing rest and are incapable of sleep. Slappy, as a possessed object, should also be comparable to other objects possessed by ghosts such as Becka/The Haunted Car from The Haunted Car. Being able to operate completely fine and indefinitely even with vital parts removed, including the car battery and only stopped functions after Becka's spirit was defeated. So possessed objects like The Haunted Car and Slappy are reliant to an extent of their spirits and their limitless stamina is applicable to them

4. (Supporting argument) In Night of the Living Dummy III he had shown that he can resist his own chant that would normally put him back to "sleep".

If you don't feel like reading through all of that, here is the TL;DR version;
Slappy as an organless ventriloquist dummy wouldn't have anything that would require him to rest, and has never shown any signs of fatigue. At his core he is a ghost which normally have limitless stamina, and should be comparable to other possessed objects in the verse that can continue to live without issue or struggle if parts that would normally be vital removed.

Kinda similar to why the monsters from the Goosebumps movies got their limitless stamina.

While we are on the topic of my boy Slappy, he should have Curse Manipulation. Since he can put curses on stuff as implied in Son of Slappy, pretty self-explanatory.

3. Fear in Goosebumps
So apparently in the Goosebumps verse, fear can be used to transport stuff into other realities if there is enough of it as seen in The Streets of Panic Park. Not sure if this will be applicable with all monsters, this would at least be applicable to the Goosebumps Horrorland villains (Slappy, Dr. Maniac, Captain Ben and The Haunted Mask) since they in the book were able to generate enough fear for the reality hoping thing almost work, but only stopped because they learned they were being played by The Menace and teamed up with the kids they were scaring the shit out of. Unclear if this will be applicable to the rest of the Goosebumps verse, that can be discussed in the comments.

Conclusion
1. The Scarecrows get downgraded to either just 10-B or "Unknown, possibly 10-B".
2. Book Slappy gets limitless stamina like his movie counterpart. Plus Curse Manipulation.
3. BFR via Fear for Slappy, Dr. Maniac, Captain Long Ben One-Leg and The Haunted Mask. This might be applicable to the rest of the monsters in the book series but that is unclear.

Edited Note: Do NOT attempt to add anything else onto this CRT, I will also refrain from adding onto this CRT. To make things simple.

Last edited:
As stated in the discord I agree with this stuff, though for BFR I would limit it to just those 5 monsters, as it is uncertain and would be a bit of an assumption that any other individuals would have this ability.

Everything here looks fine to me. I'm not sure about giving BFR to the other monsters but I'm fine with giving it to the monsters that specifically did it.

since they in the book were able to generate enough fear for the reality hoping thing almost work, but only stopped because they learned they were being played by The Menace and teamed up with the kids they were scaring the shit out of. Unclear if this will be applicable to the rest of the Goosebumps verse, that can be discussed in the comments.

How much of a time did all of this take?
And it was all of them working together yes?
Sounds like it'd be something none battle applicable for the most case unless there are enough targets to scare for enough time

since they in the book were able to generate enough fear for the reality hoping thing almost work, but only stopped because they learned they were being played by The Menace and teamed up with the kids they were scaring the shit out of. Unclear if this will be applicable to the rest of the Goosebumps verse, that can be discussed in the comments.

How much of a time did all of this take?
And it was all of them working together yes?
Sounds like it'd be something none battle applicable for the most case unless there are enough targets to scare for enough time
Yes it probably will be a non-combat applicable ability. Also it is unknown with how long it took, it was never specified in the story.

So we have an ability that was only showcased with a group of people using it and for an unknown amount of time before success
Yah hard no on applying it to any other monster outside those as None battle applicable

Gonna bring up why I first thought this could be applicable to the rest of the monsters.

The monsters/Goosebumps Horrorland villains are just random monsters of the verse of differing races/groups (besides Slappy I guess). So if a handful of miscellaneous creatures could do it, it wouldn't be too hard to assume that it isn't limited to them. The fear thing itself is never implied to be limited to them (or even monsters for that matter, with Panic Park itself was able to do the fear BFR thing as shown with the scan itself). Albeit it still will be non-combat applicable for the most part.

I personally would argue they are at the very least exemplary individuals of their races, as for example the Haunted Mask is shown/is implied to have more feats then the other masks it shares a “race” with.

I personally would argue they are at the very least exemplary individuals of their races, as for example the Haunted Mask is shown/is implied to have more feats then the other masks it shares a “race” with.
Fair enough I suppose. That can be an explanation.

Anyway, I'm going to assume it is ok to add this now. A staff member accepted it and the only refute is for the BFR stuff, which have been discussed and taken care of.

I was asked to close this thread. Is that fine with the rest of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back