• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Adding powers to general Ghoul powers, regular Ghoul and to Ghast, also adding a weakness:

General Ghoul Powers:
Longevity (Some Ghouls can live up to 1,000 years) - Lord of Darkness 1e Page 20

Regular Ghoul:

Biolgical Manipulation and Statistical Reduction (Their paralysing touch effects the nerves directly and reduces one's dexterity) - Lord of Darkness 1e Page 19
As a weakness Ghouls should have the fact they're insane - Lord of Darkness 1e Page 20

Ghast:

Longevity (On average live 500 years), possibly type 1 immortality in the Abyss - Lord of Darkness 1e Page 20
Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Has adventage against Turn Undead effects which includes things such as Destroy Undead) - Monster Manual 5e Page 148 and Players Handbook 5e Page 59

Longivity is fine, but better white the 200 years old as that is the common "life" span, 1000 years its for rare specimens.

The touch is Paralysis Inducement, bio manip is too braod to cover that in this case.

Isn't Turn Undead Holy Manipulation? They resist the effect of that ability, not the effect of the power itself.

Longivity is fine, but better white the 200 years old as that is the common "life" span, 1000 years its for rare specimens.
Fair enough
The touch is Paralysis Inducement, bio manip is too braod to cover that in this case.
It's achieving that through directly harming the nerves, I fail to see how it ain't bio manip (At least SR I can see somewhat being a stretch)
Isn't Turn Undead Holy Manipulation? They resist the effect of that ability, not the effect of the power itself.
I mean, Holy Manip is just something that overall applies to Cleric spells since power source
Destroy Undead is a specific application of that which the Ghast can resist better then regular undead so

Generally when someone secretes a venom that inhibit neural signals and cause paralysis is something deemed as Poison Manip and Paralysis Inducement, not Bio Manip, I believ ethe same applies here.

Then this is more a resistance to one specific attack rather than matter manip in general.

Fair enough

It's achieving that through directly harming the nerves, I fail to see how it ain't bio manip (At least SR I can see somewhat being a stretch)

I mean, Holy Manip is just something
Affecting the nervous system… I not sure if by itself will count as Biological manipulation page itself mentioned body control, manipulation on the cellular level and beyond as well as other things
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Biological_Manipulation

Other than that, I will double check on this to see how this goes. Oh

Destroy Undead ain't matter manipulation in the slightest, btw. Turn Undead in general, what it does is fill in with positive energy the negative energy that powers an undead, with Destroy being powerful enough to eradicate it.

So yes, it is essentially holy manipulation.

Cleric spells are a combination of holy manipulation and subjective reality, as they function primarily on the belief and faith of the cleric.

Destroy Undead ain't matter manipulation in the slightest, btw. Turn Undead in general, what it does is fill in with positive energy the negative energy that powers an undead, with Destroy being powerful enough to eradicate it.
Resisting Positive Energy would be resistance to life manipuation if you wanna go that route then considering it's what used to heal entites and excess amounts of it can make you explode due to the life force in you
Generally when someone secretes a venom that inhibit neural signals and cause paralysis is something deemed as Poison Manip and Paralysis Inducement, not Bio Manip, I believ ethe same applies here.
Negative Energy isn't poison tho
It's the reason why Ghouls have resistance to death manip since they heal from it while the properties of it sap life force and destroy your soul
But since it's directing it to the nerves directly to destroy them then it'd be bio manip
So yes, it is essentially holy manipulation.

Cleric spells are a combination of holy manipulation and subjective reality, as they function primarily on the belief and faith of the cleric.
Sure it's Holy Manip and Subjective reality but they cause tengible effects that the Ghast is resisting, since I don't think it's preventing the Cleric from suddenly using their Gods power or belief in said God yah?

Resisting Positive Energy would be resistance to life manipuation if you wanna go that route then considering it's what used to heal entites and excess amounts of it can make you explode due to the life force in you
This would also be correct, indeed.

As said positive energy through healing spells directly harm an undead creature.

Basically, the positive energy is countering the effects of negative energy. Since undeads are directly powered through the negative energy, you harm them by infusing them with their direct opposite. The Ghast can directly tank being destroyed by it. So resistance to holy and life manipulation (although the specific application of destruction via it).

In regards to tanking spells... I mean, that's what saves do in the first place?

Anyways Lephyr showed me a scan on Discord
Ig it can resistance to Life Manipulation

I still stand by the bio manip tho

You can write Death & Energy Manipulation with Paralysis Inducement, but I find the inclusion of bio manip to cover something that can by covered by paralysis inducement unnecesary. Alternatively, you may add the power writting it as Neural Signal Manip or something and then link it to the bio manip page.

Turn Undead is normally presented as Deconstruction (e.g., the Undead are just destroyed) rather than Matter Manip, I feel. Neutral on whether the ability is resisted or Holy Manip, I think the precedents of older profiles has it set to the ability but that was just my own intuition.

Holy stuff uses Radiant energy, yeah. Which technically also includes Soul Manip moreso than Energy Manip, given radiant energy makes up positively-aligned souls (those of the living).

Holy stuff uses Radiant energy, yeah. Which technically also includes Soul Manip moreso than Energy Manip, given radiant energy makes up positively-aligned souls (those of the living).
I feel like it's best we just go with Life Manipulation in terms of the resistance myself since undead don't have souls so
You can write Death & Energy Manipulation with Paralysis Inducement, but I find the inclusion of bio manip to cover something that can by covered by paralysis inducement unnecesary. Alternatively, you may add the power writting it as Neural Signal Manip or something and then link it to the bio manip page.
Paralysis Inducment is basically a general power that can cover a lot of things tho, you can get it by a myrid of ways ranging electricty manipulation to **** with nerve signals up to using fear manipulation
I really fail to see the problem in calling it bio manip and explaining it as an attack that targets the nerve, heck that's basically the latter part of your suggestion so

Undead don't have traditional souls, no. In its place is a link to the Negative Energy Plane, which serves the same purpose.

I can see the logic of Bio Manip. Neutral in regards to it.

So eh unless someone disagrees with the resistance by this point and abilities outside the Bio manip can I apply this?

Well, I can leave pass the bio manip stuff, although better add the paralysis inducement as well.

Back