• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

• Removals and downgrades
    • Dream Manipulation from the "Basic Magic" section: The justification only states that dreams create reality, not that they are one and the same, and magic has never been actually shown or even stated otherwise to automatically affect dreams, so this is honestly a reach that should be removed. Also, it's from a JM Demattis scan so it'll be invalid soon anyways once the cosmology split is accepted.
    • From the "Sorcerer Supreme Level Spells & Powers" section:
    • Reduction of the Immortality Type 3/Regeneration for demons (and the immortality type 3/regeneration negation for Basic Magic) from Mid-High to Mid, as the scans used for the immortality/regen of demons only indicate this level of recovery (nothing implies them surviving bodily destruction), and even magic being able to kill vampires would only be negating Mid Regeneration since vampires have only been shown to survive decapitation at most. Also, demon regeneration would scale above Daimon Hellstrom, a mere half-demon, who has Mid levels of regeneration as shown on his page.

Here are some scans for some stuff on her profile, such as:

• Death should have Hell-Lord Magic (including the demonic magic that Hell-Lords have, but not the physiology-based stuff like Type 1 Abstract Existence), as all Hell-Lords derive their powers from her.
  • In addition to her current Immortality Negations, Death should also be capable of negating Immortality Type 8, since she indicated that she could kill Mephisto if she so wished.
  • Death should also have Resistance to Magic on the level of a Sorcerer Supreme, as Doctor Strange was basically helpless on his own both times he encountered her as a foe, such as how he only beat her the first time by merging with Eternity.
  • Death currently has NEP (Nature 1, Aspects 1, 2, & 3) due to this scan: While Eternity personifies all that is, Death Is his opposite, representing all that is not, and being incapable of truly entering him due to their incompatible natures[3]). However, I believe that this scan also qualifies her for Aspects 4 & 5 of NEP Nature 1.

• Remove Limited Plot/Causality Manipulation from the P&A of affecting an Astral Form, as well as remove the "Ideas & Narrative" stuff from the NPI of affecting an Astral Form: While the Astral Plane itself is stated to be the realm of Idea and Narrative, this shouldn't automatically apply to the nature of Astral Forms on their own.
  • Change the NPI of affecting an Astral Form to this:
    • (Soul - Energy, Intangibility - Incorporeality - Life Force - Concept Type 1 - Information Type 2 - Nonexistent Nature Type 2, Aspect 1, 2, & 3)
    • Asides from the stuff above about Idea/Narrative being removed, the stuff in NPI about affecting abstract thoughts and emotions is incorrect and was based on me misunderstanding the nature of certain abstract stuff when I made the thread in the first thread. Also, the stuff about affecting "abstract minds" is covered by the Type 2 Information NPI, since the AE section indicates that they are abstractions of sentient minds represented as information.

Edit: So I originally proposed Immortality Negation (Type 5) for Death due to the following reasoning:

She killed both Lord Mar-Vell and the armies of the Cancerverse,[5] a universe where the concept of Death was destroyed and as such all life is immortal and will even be resurrected upon being "killed".

This was rejected the first time since it was argued that she simply reintroduced the concept of death to the Cancerverse, but it is shown later that this isn't the case and that the Cancerverse along with its inhabitants are still deathless in nature.

Thus, I think Death should have Type 5 Immortality Negation.

Also, the Adversary is a god, so he should get God Physiology.

Last edited:
Reading everything, seems to check-out, so agreed 👍
Mucho Appreciado
Although sad about the astral forms removal
Eh, I admittedly went bananas when I first released the thread.

The Astral Plane definitely has the idea/narrative hax, and the fact that skilled astral form/projection users is definitely a hax for a future CRT since that just screams stupidly haxxy, but to add it to all Astral forms is too big a stretch.

Agree with everything, as usual.

Although, now that I’m reminded of it, why do we treat Doctor Doom as a High Tier Sorcerer and not Supreme? He seems to be portrayed as nearly equal to Strange most of the time, if not a bit behind him.

Agree with everything, as usual.

Although, now that I’m reminded of it, why do we treat Doctor Doom as a High Tier Sorcerer and not Supreme? He seems to be portrayed as nearly equal to Strange most of the time, if not a bit behind him.
High-Tier Sorcerers are those who are almost at Supreme level but not quite there, such as candidates for Sorcerer Supreme.

To be SS tier, you have to either fight mystic gods on relatively even terms with standard sorcery or do some serious cosmic feats with magic.

If those like Doctor Strange were a 100, High-Tiers like Doctor Doom and Mordo are an 80.

It helps that, despite being comparable to SS tiers in mystic skill/potency (hence why they share a layer of basic magic hax), High-Tiers have been shown as consistently inferior to some degree to high-tiers, such as Doom needing Strange's mystic power level to banish the Darkforce, Clea forcing Doom to back off just by flaring up her magic power, and Baron Mordo consistently losing in fights to Strange despite his impressive skill even with prep time and cheating.

High-Tier Sorcerers are those who are almost at Supreme level but not quite there, such as candidates for Sorcerer Supreme.

To be SS tier, you have to either fight mystic gods on relatively even terms with standard sorcery or do some serious cosmic feats with magic.

If those like Doctor Strange were a 100, High-Tiers like Doctor Doom and Mordo are an 80.

It helps that, despite being comparable to SS tiers in mystic skill/potency (hence why they share a layer of basic magic hax), High-Tiers have been shown as consistently inferior to some degree to high-tiers, such as Doom needing Strange's mystic power level to banish the Darkforce, Clea forcing Doom to back off just by flaring up her magic power, and Baron Mordo consistently losing in fights to Strange despite his impressive skill even with prep time and cheating.
Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for breaking it down for me!

Type 8?? Does Death have every immortality negation or what?
I mean I did try getting Type 5 negation for her in a previous thread, but some staff disagreed with that so I couldn't apply it.

So assuming this gets accepted, she'll have Immortality Negation of Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, & 8.

I mean I did try getting Type 5 negation for her in a previous thread, but some staff disagreed with that so I couldn't apply it.

So assuming this gets accepted, she'll have Immortality Negation of Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, & 8.
we'll fight for type 5
she definitely has it somewhere

actually wait the cancerverse isnt type 5?
It is, but when I proposed Type 5 Negation for that (since Death negged the immortality of everyone there who wasn't a Many Angled One), half of the staff disagreed since they said that she just reintroduced the concept of death to the cancerverse.

I disagreed with this but I wasn't gonna fight tooth and nail for Type 5 negation at the time.

It is, but when I proposed Type 5 Negation for that (since Death negged the immortality of everyone there who wasn't a Many Angled One), half of the staff disagreed since they said that she just reintroduced the concept of death to the cancerverse.

I disagreed with this but I wasn't gonna fight tooth and nail for Type 5 negation at the time.
TBH i don't agree with that either.
Because once Death arrives in the Cancerverse and kills of Mar-Vell she leaves and the Cancerverse is still deathless (GoTG v3 19-20)

Edit: So I originally proposed Immortality Negation (Type 5) for Death due to the following reasoning:

She killed both Lord Mar-Vell and the armies of the Cancerverse,[5] a universe where the concept of Death was destroyed and as such all life is immortal and will even be resurrected upon being "killed".

This was rejected the first time since it was argued that she simply reintroduced the concept of death to the Cancerverse, but it is shown later that this isn't the case and that the Cancerverse along with its inhabitants are still deathless in nature.

Does this addition to the OP look good to you?

Last edited:
I have a few comments.
Would this really apply to all Sorcerer Supreme levels, or even Strange himself, when their magic needs to manipulate a specific item (which IIRC, In-Betweener guards ferociously) to achieve any of this?
This is fine, but I should mention that this is recorded already at the end of Dormammu's feats section in his profile.
I know it's a bit different, but wouldn't this reasoning entail Acausality Type 3 for all Abstract Entities since that's how they work?

Everything else looks pretty good.

I have a few comments.

Would this really apply to all Sorcerer Supreme levels, or even Strange himself, when their magic needs to manipulate a specific item (which IIRC, In-Betweener guards ferociously) to achieve any of this?
Hence why I'm removing it since it is currently on the Magic page. I initially thought Strange undid its powers with his own magic hax, but it's now clear to me that he just used magic to push the Wheel in a certain direction to undo its own effects/
This is fine, but I should mention that this is recorded already at the end of Dormammu's feats section in his profile.
Oh yeah forgot about that. I'll just snip it from there and put it in the AP section.
I know it's a bit different, but wouldn't this reasoning entail Acausality Type 3 for all Abstract Entities since that's how they work?
Not sure if it's openly stated that it works like that for all Abstracts (even though that's probably the case).
Everything else looks pretty good.
Thanks.

angai313-spongebob-sad.gif

Mfw astral nerfs.

Just to be sure, do these additions to the OP look good to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back